Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

23 minutes ago, Ian S said:

It’s on Rodgers, Amartey is fine as a 4th or 5th choice , it’s Rodgers that keeps picking him.

Agreed but for a professional footballer on £50k+ a week, he is contributing, by not being able to pass a ball 10 yards without panicking

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Ian S said:

It’s on Rodgers, Amartey is fine as a 4th or 5th choice , it’s Rodgers that keeps picking him.

If he's only good enough as 4th or 5th choice he isn't good enough is he!

• Like 4

Just now, Tuna said:

The guy who would naturally be ahead of Amartey turned to actual shite, the Fofana guy (replacement) is unsuitable and grandad (Evans) is a permacrock 

So he has too be unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think that’s reaching tbh, as whilst Cags has been poor, plenty of those listed have been good and Barnes is well known as glowing hot and cold. Vardy is not a fair comparison as he is ageing, it’s plain to see. KDH improved but is limited, Castagne and Luke, not sure.

Wilf, also not sure, but right now, only Maddison is in any sort of form. Maybe it changes when Rodgers goes, I hope so and would welcome the chance to see it, but don’t believe Rodgers is the cause of player downturns  I general, as plenty seem to rate him.

The point I was making is they started off good and their form has become dog shit, much like Soyuncu its just he has been frozen out more.

After seeing some of the recent defending performance or slow players holding a high line, would he have really been worse that Amartey at the start of the season? 

You don't think Thomas or Castange have got progressively worse?

Ndidi was also playing well topping the charts for interceptions and tackles, before he was told to adapt his game to ball playing.

Vardy didn't start his career to later so he has lot less miles on the clock, 15 goals last year to one in the league this season? You think that is purely down to age.

Maddison is the one exception, and that's probably because he has a good relationship with Rodgers

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

The point I was making is they started off good and their form has become dog shit, much like Soyuncu its just he has been frozen out more.

After seeing some of the recent defending performance or slow players holding a high line, would he have really been worse that Amartey at the start of the season? 

You don't think Thomas or Castange have got progressively worse?

Ndidi was also playing well topping the charts for interceptions and tackles, before he was told to adapt his game to ball playing.

Vardy didn't start his career to later so he has lot less miles on the clock, 15 goals last year to one in the league this season? You think that is purely down to age.

Maddison is the one exception, and that's probably because he has a good relationship with Rodgers

• Vardy - yes, I think it’s age and perhaps even a bit of hunger
  • Soyuncu- this one is weird, don’t think this is Rodgers, but something happened
  • Thomas - not sure if this is confidence after being exposed several times, could be a Rodgers failure though
  • Castagne - Rodgers or formation or some such 
  • Wilf - no idea? Marriage? Rodgers?

Just want Rodgers to move on to stop the toxicity, ideally in the Summer assuming we can get safe, but now is probably how we get safe, but either way, it’s not a guarantee.

22 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Squad player, what else do you expect,it’s on the manager that he plays so many games with better options available.

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I cannot assess his form, like everyone else on here, I can only comment on when he does play, which has been poor and either cowardly or reckless. Amartey is shite, he is far too dozy to be a top level CB. We cannot keep rating Cags as the same guy who joined us, as any games in the last 2 years for us or for Turkey have been poor. 

Just as Amartey has been, but it  feels like Amartey (rightly) gets panned as he plays, whereas Cags get plaudits when he doesn’t, it’s utterly bonkers.

Don’t get me wrong, would rather see Caglar get a chance at redemption (bit late now I know) just feels like whatever it was, it’s unforgivable.  :dunno:

When you say cowardly I’m assuming you are talking about 1 incident against Spurs. It wasn’t great but it was once instance and again an instance where Rodgers publicly criticised him for it. If every Leicester player was pulled up for pulling out of a challenge this year then there’d be quite a list of players who would’ve been called out by Rodgers. He was dropped after every, or any error. Ward can go through this season making basic game costing errors and he gets publicly protected and is clearly undroppable. You talk about the decline in Turkey’s form as if it’s all on Cags. That’s simply not true. It’s not relevant to his club team form anyway as Amartey had a poor World Cup but has carried on as normal for Leicester, making key errors in almost every game. 

It’s poor people management from Rodgers. He treats players differently, publicly criticises select players, doesn’t others. Drops players for very little and keeps others in the team despite continual mistakes. Too many players have lost form under his stewardship. The loss of Soyuncu and Ndidi as first team options in particular is significantly on Rodgers for me.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Agreed but for a professional footballer on £50k+ a week, he is contributing, by not being able to pass a ball 10 yards without panicking

So if he can’t pass the ball 10 yards don’t put him in the first 11, not difficult.

Just now, funkyrobot said:

When you say cowardly I’m assuming you are talking about 1 incident against Spurs. It wasn’t great but it was once instance and again an instance where Rodgers publicly criticised him for it. If every Leicester player was pulled up for pulling out of a challenge this year then there’d be quite a list of players who would’ve been called out by Rodgers. He was dropped after every, or any error. Ward can go through this season making basic game costing errors and he gets publicly protected and is clearly undroppable. You talk about the decline in Turkey’s form as if it’s all on Cags. That’s simply not true. It’s not relevant to his club team form anyway as Amartey had a poor World Cup but has carried on as normal for Leicester, making key errors in almost every game. 

It’s poor people management from Rodgers. He treats players differently, publicly criticises select players, doesn’t others. Drops players for very little and keeps others in the team despite continual mistakes. Too many players have lost form under his stewardship. The loss of Soyuncu and Ndidi as first team options in particular is significantly on Rodgers for me.

I did say cowardly or reckless,  but yes, fair enough, I don’t know and have a bad habit of giving the benefit of the doubt (to the manager in this instance, and that is probably after Soyuncu’s Turkey horror shows) , but you could be right. At least we agree on the key point, Rodgers needs to go.

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

I did say cowardly or reckless,  but yes, fair enough, I don’t know and have a bad habit of giving the benefit of the doubt (to the manager in this instance, and that is probably after Soyuncu’s Turkey horror shows) , but you could be right. At least we agree on the key point, Rodgers needs to go.

Have you seen Soyuncu’s horror shows for Turkey or are you basing your assessment on final scores? I watched the 3 all draw against Luxembourg when Turkey were poor. In that game Soyuncu was their best defender until his smashed his knee trying prevent a goal and had to be subbed off. Turkey’s failures don’t begin and end with Cags. As we know as England fans. The manager is vital to the results of the country.  As for Leicester, the alarming dips or general lack of form of virtually every player other than Maddison would back up the notion that  it’s a problem with their leader rather than the players. 

• Like 3

Have you seen Soyuncu’s horror shows for Turkey or are you basing your assessment on final scores? I watched the 3 all draw against Luxembourg when Turkey were poor. In that game Soyuncu was their best defender until his smashed his knee trying prevent a goal and had to be subbed off. Turkey’s failures don’t begin and end with Cags. As we know as England fans. The manager is vital to the results of the country.  As for Leicester, the alarming dips or general lack of form of virtually every player other than Maddison would back up the notion that  it’s a problem with their leader rather than the players. 

You are correct, I based the views on Soyuncu on reports on here, perhaps fuelled by the score line, and I will also admit that II do struggle to see past something being wrong with the player at some level as well as the manager. Too many treat these guys like children, they are not only adults, they are top levels sports people, they are at some level self starters and don’t need to be micro managed to play. Yes, tactically the manager is critical, but beyond that I am unsure these players are the automatons some suggest.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

You are correct, I based the views on Soyuncu on reports on here, perhaps fuelled by the score line, and I will also admit that II do struggle to see past something being wrong with the player at some level as well as the manager. Too many treat these guys like children, they are not only adults, they are top levels sports people, they are at some level self starters and don’t need to be micro managed to play. Yes, tactically the manager is critical, but beyond that I am unsure these players are the automatons some suggest.

If it was just one or two players then I’d agree that it might be the players but it’s virtually all of them that have been with us long term. None are playing at the levels they were 2 years ago except for Maddison. That’s smacks of a failure in management to me. 

• Like 3

If it was just one or two players then I’d agree that it might be the players but it’s virtually all of them that have been with us long term. None are playing at the levels they were 2 years ago except for Maddison. That’s smacks of a failure in management to me. 

Do you not think that we have hit the end point of a cycle? (Hate that word, but..)  Something Rodgers has been unable to move us beyond? We feel like we are unable to answer the “what comes next” question and are almost playing by numbers. We have no umph, no momentum, we look at the clubs coming up and see their excitement, their drive and it feels like we are just shrugging and saying “yeah, we did the thing, we won” so now what?

Not trying to excuse anyone, certainly not Rodgers, it’s his job to make the new plan, the direction, but right now we feel like a club without an identity more than ever.

Sorry if that sounds a bit shite, but the apathy feels terminal.

15 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Do you not think that we have hit the end point of a cycle? (Hate that word, but..)  Something Rodgers has been unable to move us beyond? We feel like we are unable to answer the “what comes next” question and are almost playing by numbers. We have no umph, no momentum, we look at the clubs coming up and see their excitement, their drive and it feels like we are just shrugging and saying “yeah, we did the thing, we won” so now what?

Not trying to excuse anyone, certainly not Rodgers, it’s his job to make the new plan, the direction, but right now we feel like a club without an identity more than ever.

Sorry if that sounds a bit shite, but the apathy feels terminal.

This cycle thing is more Rodgers speak. We have a lot of players just coming in to peak age with plenty of time left to improve. We have a few going over the hill in Vardy, Evans and Albrighton but the vast majority are early or mid career. Tielemans, Maddison, Soyuncu and Ndidi amongst others are coming to their peak ages. Three of them want to leave and the fourth (Ndidi) has had the most alarming drop off in form seen since Dele Alli. This end of the cycle is because Rodgers has failed to improve and is failing to retain our players. The only ones that seem to sign new contracts these days are those that sustain long term injuries. We are one of the best paying clubs in the premier league, the only club outside the big 6 to win major trophies relatively recently and yet apparently everyone wants to leave. 

Edited by funkyrobot

This cycle thing is more Rodgers speak. We have a lot of players just coming in to peak age with plenty of time left to improve. We have a few going over the hill in Vardy, Evans and Albrighton but the vast majority are early or mid career. Tielemans, Maddison, Soyuncu and Ndidi ankings others are coming to their peak ages. Three of them want to leave and the fourth (Ndidi) has had the most alarming drop off in form seen since Dele Alli. This end of the cycle is because Rodgers has failed to improve and is failing to retain our players. The only ones that seem to sign new contracts these days are those that sustain long term injuries. We are one of the best paying clubs in the premier league, the only club outside the big 6 to win major trophies relatively recently and yet apparently everyone wants to leave. 

You are missing the point, and getting hung up on the Rodgersness potential in the post. My point was that we seem flat, and I just wondered if, as a club, we have kind of done it, we succeeded where we shouldn’t, where it was unlikely and improbable, so are we at some level losing our ambition. It’s irrelevant of course, and even if it’s true, it’s 100% Rodgers job to provide this ambition.

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

You are missing the point, and getting hung up on the Rodgersness potential in the post. My point was that we seem flat, and I just wondered if, as a club, we have kind of done it, we succeeded where we shouldn’t, where it was unlikely and improbable, so are we at some level losing our ambition. It’s irrelevant of course, and even if it’s true, it’s 100% Rodgers job to provide this ambition.

That’s certainly not true of the fans eh? I think Rodgers would like to leave and that’s affected his approach to managing the players and the fans. He can’t get himself sacked by an owner who has perhaps been sidetracked by his King Power issues. On top of that FFP rules have hit us hard as our match day revenue isn’t on a par with half of the league. In that sense the ambition has taken a temporary hit but a positive change to the management team could certainly bring that enthusiasm back. 

• Like 1