Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, Corky said:

One of the few positive individual displays last night.

Amartey was our best defender again last night BUT, let’s be honest… yet again he switched off (as did the other two) when they scored their goal.

Our whole defence look so prone to these lapses in concentration. We do that against Leeds, we’ll concede more cos Leeds aren’t a bad side whereas Spartak are rubbish 

A very simple player, doesn’t over complicate the game too much! Doesnt try 50 yard diags as he knows that isn’t it his locker! Quietly confident when he’s defending one on one with player running at him. Like the rest of the defence it’s when balls are aerially in the box we look shakier as a unit! 
fantastic attitude and effort as always and a good goal last night.

Edited by Lesta2014
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Amartey was our best defender again last night BUT, let’s be honest… yet again he switched off (as did the other two) when they scored their goal.

Our whole defence look so prone to these lapses in concentration. We do that against Leeds, we’ll concede more cos Leeds aren’t a bad side whereas Spartak are rubbish 

There's no way in a million Amartey should be tracking Moses. He's in a perfectly reasonable position protecting the back post if the cross goes there. The cross is in the channel of Evans and Soyunucu with Tielemans the nearest to Moses. 

• Like 3

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

the goal came from Bertrand being no where near the winger and their right wingback not being tracked, its was **** all to do with Amartey seriously Col stop, you are reaching bad to try and put blame on Amartey at all times and its why people think you are simply being a troll

I did say he was our best defender mate. The point I was making (badly) is these defensive lapses of concentration that are a feature of our entire defence this season (including Amartey). They come from nowhere and they all need to pack the fooker in!

I’d play Amartey v Leeds, over Cags personally, if we go four at the back. 

Edited by Col city fan

i think in January or end of the year, he’s going to get an offer from a bottom half prem team to be a regular starter and he’s probably going to be interested in it and u know what? I wouldn’t begrudge him the move either. I hope if it happens he has a long and successful prem career.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bert said:

I find it astonishing how much Soumare is getting away with not tracking Moses run. 

Not convinced by Soumare’s positional sense in the slightest. Very conservative player, doesn’t really bust a gut to get past a player. Works better when he’s pressured and then he gets on his bike. Real confidence player too 

I like him but think he was really poor for Arsenals second goal, made himself really small when he should be putting his body on the line to block that shot.

Other than that he’s done a steady job but we need much better quality to break down teams. Should be used sparingly not starting every game.

On 05/11/2021 at 16:15, Bert said:

I find it astonishing how much Soumare is getting away with not tracking Moses run. 

The thing I find astonishing is both he and Youri ran back into the box but then failed to pick up Moses.

how stupid was that, especially from Youri being the more experienced.

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

The thing I find astonishing is both he and Youri ran back into the box but then failed to pick up Moses.

it was like the parting of the red sea

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

it was like the parting of the red sea

A very regular occurrence against us is an opposition player picking up the ball deep and being able to carry it 40-50 yards without anyone trying to stick a toe in and our defenders just backing off

Pretty sure at one point I saw the other wing back for Spartak pick up the ball from near the edge of his box, run with it all the way, and win a corner

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

He was clearly Soumare's man. Defenders mark space, midfielders track the third man run. 

• Like 1

On 05/11/2021 at 12:15, Bert said:

I think Rodgers noticed and Soumare’s lack of effort there was part of what inspired Rodgers’s comments this week. Evans was a bit in no-man’s land on the play too.

• Like 1

Although his passing is often criticised, and he does have a mistake in him, I did admire the consistency and weight of the balls he was punching out to Timo in the last game.

If he gets dropped it will be with honours on the board, I'm just hoping Soyuncu would benefit from playing narrower if he does.

• Like 1

On 30/10/2021 at 18:26, Head Honcho said:

I'm not having a pop at him he's doing an ok job, but ok isn't good enough at this level. Average or above average isn't good enough either. The margins of skill at this level are too minute.

...he is not our first choice CB...!!!

He has had to step up to cover a predicament, his quality is what you would expect from someone within his hierarchy in the club.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Credit where it’s due today. That challenge near the end (where VAR looked at it for poss handball) was a game saving tackle. Amartey tracked his opponent and if he wasn’t in the right position he’d have scored 

24 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Big Dan as a defender is pretty solid, it’s when he has to do more than just defend is when sometimes he makes mistakes. 

I haven't seen him make more mistakes than anyone else in the team which is full of mistakes