Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

3 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

I hope that hasn’t came across as A dig to him, I think he’s had a good season so far. 

No the complete opposite certain players, currently Amartey and KDH get their game micro scrutinised for every little error whilst the regulars make plenty of mistakes and rarely if ever get criticised for it. There’s plenty of poor play in every position just lately.

This is not to say he’s better than others just that a little balance wouldn’t go amiss.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, davieG said:

No the complete opposite certain players, currently Amartey and KDH get their game micro scrutinised for every little error whilst the regulars make plenty of mistakes and rarely if ever get criticised for it. There’s plenty of poor play in every position just lately.

This is not to say he’s better than others just that a little balance wouldn’t go amiss.

I’d add Perez too to that little list. 

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Twas ever thus.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

He’s one of our better defenders on current form, think he should play at RB until Justin is back. 

Ricardo offers more offensively but given our issues, think we need to focus on getting the defence right. 

I agree - but at CB. He’s not a full back, not enough pace and quality in forward areas.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Big Dave said:

Not sure how Dan is linked 

he got a tug on his arm and went down easily …… if that’s equated to a link to match fixing then there won’t be many pro players left ……

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Big Dave said:

bit harsh to say ‘ linked’ it has far more sinister connotations  when you phrase it likes that.

This might be a bit controversial, but I think Big Dan should captain us on Saturday. Hear me out ….

The referee blows his whistle to signal the skippers to the centre spot for the good ol’ coin toss.

Dan wins the toss and elects to stay defending the Kop end in the first half like any good skip would.

Then as a gesture of goodwill, he could hand back to Azpilicueta, the very Chelsea penant that he nonchalantly threw behind him in the wake of our glorious FA Cup win. As Azpi’s hand approaches the penant, Big Dan could launch it again before moonwalking back to the RCB position ready for kick-off.

I’d LOVE IT if we did that, LOVE IT!!!!

• Haha 3

Guest Col city fan
21 hours ago, MalletFox said:

This might be a bit controversial, but I think Big Dan should captain us on Saturday. Hear me out ….

The referee blows his whistle to signal the skippers to the centre spot for the good ol’ coin toss.

Dan wins the toss and elects to stay defending the Kop end in the first half like any good skip would.

Then as a gesture of goodwill, he could hand back to Azpilicueta, the very Chelsea penant that he nonchalantly threw behind him in the wake of our glorious FA Cup win. As Azpi’s hand approaches the penant, Big Dan could launch it again before moonwalking back to the RCB position ready for kick-off.

I’d LOVE IT if we did that, LOVE IT!!!!

If we go with four at the back on Sat, I doubt Amartey will even start 

If he channels his inner Vardy, there’s a very good chance he could get someone sent off. Just needs to absolutely russle Rudiger. They will be out to get him, I very much doubt it’s all forgotten at their end. 

big dans probably not given it a second thought. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Again, defensively all over the fookin place today, together with both Evans and Soyuncu 

Be careful what you wish for. This is one of the worst defensive units in the division 

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Again, defensively all over the fookin place today, together with both Evans and Soyuncu 

Be careful what you wish for. This is one of the worst defensive units in the division 

Yes, the defence by large, were.

Considering that our defensive issues are incredibly clearly a systematic issue and not a personnel issue given we've tried a myriad of combinations including 3ATB and a flat back 4 and been garbage with all of them. 

So yes, defensively we were all over the place. Amartey was part of that defence. As was Evans. And Soyuncu. As has been Vestergaard. Continuing to specifically single out Amartey for our bad form is pretty pointless and misses the mark entirely.

He's not a world-beater, he's probably not by ability anything other than our 4th best CB at the club. But he's not this massive weakness and the worst CB to ever exist as you seem to want to make him out to be, and the more you bang the same entirely biased drum, the more you'll get people overexaggerating his ability and overlooking any faults because of your incredibly overexaggerated take on him because they rightly feel that you're making disingenuous arguments to specifically single him out.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Maybe it's not enough to say 'he wasn't one of the worst offenders today'. But our defensive issues go beyond the exact combination we go for at the back. Nobody looks particularly good in our defence, whatever the system. I mean, Vestergard is bad - but is he really as bad as he looks in a Leicester shirt? What about Soyuncu, Evans, Pereira, Thomas etc.?

Part of the problem (in addition to shaky defensive partnerships, set piece issues and so on) is how easy it's been to cut through our midfield. Today part of that was down to managerial error, but game-in game-out the midfield lacks movement on and off the ball, it's reluctant to take risks, it loses runners, leaves huge gaping spaces, fails to get a boot in and break play up. It lacks physicality, work-rate, positivity. None of our midfielders, not Tielemans, Ndidi, Soumare, Maddison, nor even Barnes, Perez, Albrighton on the flanks, has really been up to scratch this season. Far too often sides just stroll casually through and straight onto our back three.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Have you ever been right about anything?

Seriously. It’s beyond strange to want to come on here and talk crap about Amartey after today’s game. He’s not Van Dijk but he’s the best we’ve got right now.