Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

I completely eat my words. I said at the start of the season or there abouts I want him nowhere near the first team, but like Okazaki he's not a world beater but he tries dam hard. If we insist on a back 3 I'd argue Forfana would take Soyunchus place.

On a unrelated note, what do people think of if we did get Tarkowski on a free, could he help us defensively? I think our full backs are fine, when fully fit and the obvious ones are picked.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

I think you’re all deluded kids

Time and time again yesterday, Chelsea were specifically hitting the long ball from central positions, down our right side to Chilwell. Clearly part of their game plan.
Just watch the parts where Kasper made the worldy save from the Chilwell shot and their final goal where Amartey absolutely switches off, doesn’t follow his man and he has a tap-in

I’m convinced you’re watching different games to me, or the cult of Amartey has become so strong on here that you have blurred vision.

OUR DEFENSIVE FRAILTIES ARE NOT ALL ABOUT AMARTY (did you all read that for future reference?)

But a significant amount are due to his awful positioning.

You won’t change your mind btw. And meanwhile we are dropping like a stone

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Time and time again yesterday, Chelsea were specifically hitting the long ball from central positions, down our right side to Chilwell. Clearly part of their game plan.
Just watch the parts where Kasper made the worldy save from the Chilwell shot and their final goal where Amartey absolutely switches off, doesn’t follow his man and he has a tap-in

I’m convinced you’re watching different games to me, or the cult of Amartey has become so strong on here that you have blurred vision.

OUR DEFENSIVE FRAILTIES ARE NOT ALL ABOUT AMARTY (did you all read that for future reference?)

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Looking at the 3rd goal I'd argue both Soyuncu and Evans are at fault more so than Amartey. Wasn't Pulisic playing through the middle? So actually Evans' man to pick up theoretically. Additionally it was Evans at fault for the second (after the initial midfield shambles) not stepping out to Kante, saying Amartey is the reason for a significant number of chances against us is just odd. With regards to Chilwell I'd imagine rather than targeting Amartey they were exploiting the fact he had Albrighton as a wing back next to him, not the Belgian international on the other side.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 4

Guest Col city fan
26 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Looking at the 3rd goal I'd argue both Soyuncu and Evans are at fault more so than Amartey. Wasn't Pulisic playing through the middle? So actually Evans' man to pick up theoretically. Additionally it was Evans at fault for the second (after the initial midfield shambles) not stepping out to Kante, saying Amartey is the reason for a significant number of chances against us is just odd. With regards to Chilwell I'd imagine rather than targeting Amartey they were exploiting the fact he had Albrighton as a wing back next to him, not the Belgian international on the other side.

Whether Albrighton or Amartey (I suspect it was both), Chelsea clearly targeted our right side of the defence. It was unfeasible how one, long diagonal ball could catch us off guard so many times. Chilwell should have scored his first chance (poor miss), Hudson-Odoi could have easily scored from that side (just went over the bar). Time over one single ball got us on the back foot down our right side 

It was 3, could have easily been 6/7 and it was Mickey Mouse defending 

9 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Whether Albrighton or Amartey (I suspect it was both), Chelsea clearly targeted our right side of the defence. It was unfeasible how one, long diagonal ball could catch us off guard so many times. Chilwell should have scored his first chance (poor miss), Hudson-Odoi could have easily scored from that side (just went over the bar). Time over one single ball got us on the back foot down our right side 

It was 3, could have easily been 6/7 and it was Mickey Mouse defending 

If you suspected it was both why didn't you initially mention Albrighton rather than making a point of them apparently targeting Amartey himself? Better centre halves than Amartey will struggle against Hudson-Odoi and Chilwell with an actual wing back next to them let alone a makeshift one. Let's be honest that Hudson-Odoi chance was pretty much all Albrightons fault, Amartey does pretty well to not go diving in after he skips past Albrighton. 

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Lako42 said:

Him and Albrighton were our best players yesterday. 

Evans was so much worse. 

Oh Jesus…

Our defence needs coaching.

We need to drop zonal marking.  

We need to aim to get back to our successful pressing and defending from the front .

Amartey should be good enough but frankly none of our defence currently is as there is a collective responsibility.  Evans is currently not good enough:. he is part of a defence shipping goals.  It doesn't mean he has to be dropped 

Amartey has captained Ghana.   Evans is often superb.  Soyuncu at times is unbelievably good.  In front of them Ndidi is an excellent DCM.   Quality defensive coaching would make a difference.   

• Like 3

Yeez @Col city fan. Blaming Amartey for yesterday's shambles, when he was one the few actually putting in a decent (read decent, not fanatstic) effort. To blame him for any of the goals seems harsh. Yeah Chillwell got through a few times, but he is playing his best football ever right now and Amartey's wing back was Albrighton, who did not nearly help out as much as Castagne on the other side. Our problem is not Amartey, its being out of confidence, looking unmotivated, lacking hunger and looking seemingly disorganised. 

• Like 1

On 21/11/2021 at 06:56, Col city fan said:

Of all the players to have a go at you chose the one who is no more than a squad player and is actually doing alright. I don’t get it? 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
6 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

Amartey is often hung out to dry by a lot of fans so I’m glad he’s got a lot of people sticking up for him.

He wasn’t great on Saturday but he is one of our most consistent performers. Let’s be honest, if we play 5 at the back he is 5th choice centre back. He shouldn’t be playing as much as he is at the moment - but whenever he’s called upon he clearly tries his hardest and you regularly get a 6-8/10 performance from him. 

I don’t think I’m alone in saying he’s probably my favourite player at the moment. Looks like he genuinely gives a shit and is playing near the best of his abilities most weeks. Stick at it Dan the man 👊🏻 

He’s not hung out to dry on here! Quite the opposite I’d say. He’s become a cult figure that people clearly refuse to debate or criticize any more. 
It’s very similar to the ‘cult of Cambiasso’, where he could have played an absolute stinker for us, but would still get a 7 on the post match player ratings thread.
As I’ve said before, it’s bizarre but it’s a foxes talk thing I think 

Edited by Col city fan

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, daddylonglegs said:

No one should be above criticism and Amartey certainly isn’t.

He has however won the Premier League with us and is regularly a reliable performer for us (despite regularly playing out of position) so maybe you should cut him some slack just as much as some should criticise him. 

Which I do. Read the thread through.
But I think a good example on here of people jumping on the bandwagon of the Amartey love in is that I think I was the ONLY poster to point out that Chelsea on Saturday clearly targeted our right side of defence. If you watched the game it was clear as crystal. That struck me of them having done their homework and knowing that the Albrighton/Amartey combo was where they’d exploit us the most. And so it proved. I say it because I think it was very very apparent 

Edited by Col city fan