Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

I saw at full time him and BR embracing eachother, was nice to see and I hope DA can kick on and prove himself someone we can properly rely on when we have injuries. I think he's alright to be fair, just never really confident when balls are being passed to him in pressure situations, kind of reminds a bit of Sol Bamba, he gets the ball in a tight spot and you close your eyes and hope we come out of it still in possession, in reality he probably makes less mistakes than I give credit for and I just notice his mistakes more than others. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtmcfly said:

No he isn't x 2

But no matter how many times people caveat their positive comments with the something like this (which is in the main a response to the turd binary opinion of our in-house superscouts) the predictable butthurt comeback has been 'see, your world beater did something wrong'. 

I'd also say he's getting better and more confident with each game. You can see the introduction of little markers of that confidence last night e.g. the Fofana pullback (no, you'll never get your knee as high Dan) or having the calmness to let the ball run across him when an attacker is closing in instead of panicking and diving in. I swear to god he nonchalantly stroked a pass a few games ago instead of making it look like the start of a James Brown routine.

There's a chance this increase in confidence may hit hard against his talent ceiling and lead to one or worldclass cock-ups, but that ceiling is quite a bit higher than many people gave him (and still give him) credit for. 

I reckon he’s going to get an offer from a lowly prem team for regular prem football and I hope he takes it. I wish him well. He’s very likable.

1 hour ago, MPH said:

I reckon he’s going to get an offer from a lowly prem team for regular prem football and I hope he takes it. I wish him well. He’s very likable.

He is actually performing better than Slab-head at the moment.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MPH said:

I expect he will probably get a contract offer from us before a Prem team try for him in 2023

Anyone else find it hilarious that it took us over four years and four different managers to start playing him as a centre-back when in that time we've had serious injury problems as well as it being the position he's played for his country. Lo and behold, he's a much better centre-back than he is a full-back or midfielder. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I expect he will probably get a contract offer from us before a Prem team try for him in 2023

I really want him to stay. But we know that when fofana and Evans and soyuncu are all fit he won’t get a look in. If someone offers him a regular starting spot then I wouldn’t blame, really!

How anyone can slag big Dan is beyond me the bloke gets thrown in the team in various positions and often at the last minute and always gives 100%. Some idiots on here blame him for everything he’s a great utility player to have and depend on exactly like last night. He’s an half decent center back probably mid to lower prem quality but what do you expect when the first picks are injured and the vesto is bordering on league 1 level. 
on a side note whoever thought it was a great idea to sign 2 Southampton players that had been on the end of 2 not 1 twatting wants their employment terminated pronto. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Anyone else find it hilarious that it took us over four years and four different managers to start playing him as a centre-back when in that time we've had serious injury problems as well as it being the position he's played for his country. Lo and behold, he's a much better centre-back than he is a full-back or midfielder. 

It's weird. When he arrived I'm sure he'd played  both CM and CB at Copenhagen. At first he covered right back in the second half of 2015-16, then was our first choice DM for the 2016-17 season until Ndidi arrived.

For me, his strengths and limitations in those positions, plus the fact he plays CB for Ghana, suggested that indeed CB was the position he would eventually settle into. Yet I seem to recall quotes from coaching staff only a few years back insisting right back was his best position.

I'm pleased that he's overcome that terrible leg break, and with a run of games is now exhibiting more confidence and showing his worth.

I even noticed at one point in the first half last night he was waving his arms and organising the defence as he ran back, something I think we've missed at times in the present squad.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

It's weird. When he arrived I'm sure he'd played  both CM and CB at Copenhagen. At first he covered right back in the second half of 2015-16, then was our first choice DM for the 2016-17 season until Ndidi arrived.

For me, his strengths and limitations in those positions, plus the fact he plays CB for Ghana, suggested that indeed CB was the position he would eventually settle into. Yet I seem to recall quotes from coaching staff only a few years back insisting right back was his best position.

I'm pleased that he's overcome that terrible leg break, and with a run of games is now exhibiting more confidence and showing his worth.

I even noticed at one point in the first half last night he was waving his arms and organising the defence as he ran back, something I think we've missed at times in the present squad.

I noticed that too. I think he finally feel he belongs and more importantly accepted 🏆

1 minute ago, Lad1966 said:

I noticed that too. I think he finally feel he belongs and more importantly accepted 🏆

yeah he was definitely telling Castagne (I think) to cover the CB as he sprinted to catch the runner