Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

Look, Amartey is fine. He isn't mind blowing, he isn't terrible. For me I view him as a squad player. Not someone you would ideally want in the starting 11 but if he's there, you aren't thinking we're gunna lose. Essentially how I viewed praet last year.

Lets not get carried away by pretending he is some new godfather of the defence with the skills of fofana.

5 minutes ago, TheFiveTime said:

Look, Amartey is fine. He isn't mind blowing, he isn't terrible. For me I view him as a squad player. Not someone you would ideally want in the starting 11 but if he's there, you aren't thinking we're gunna lose. Essentially how I viewed praet last year.

Lets not get carried away by pretending he is some new godfather of the defence with the skills of fofana.

Nobody is. Don't get where this idea has come from that people think he's playing like Van Dijk. He's not. In an ideal world he wouldn't be starting, but its not an ideal world, ro he is. And whilst he's not amazing, and nobody has said he has, for the role he's here to play he's great.

The problem is there are certain posters who are overly critical of someone who is a squad player, and won't accept how wrong they are.

• Like 4

Big Dan is an ideal squad player nothing more nothing less 

always comes in never moans about lack of football never sulks never whines he just trains plays when required and gets paid

not  the greatest player in our squad but a model pro on and off the pitch 

long may he be here 

5 hours ago, TheFiveTime said:

Let's not get carried away pretending anyone pretended that

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

All the peeps on here who love Amartey should want Brendan to get sacked. Rodgers doesn’t rate Big Dan. As soon as he can, he drops him. He always has done 

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Sunny0907 said:

If he’s really worried about the wing backs which seem where the issues are created. Put timo left back. Amartey right back give the guy a chance there. Till Ricky p or Justin James are back fit. It’s worth a try 

Amartey can’t play right back. We’ve seen it before. If he plays, he needs to play CB.

I’ve said a few times now in the thread, Id start Big Dan over Soyuncu at the moment. Cags has become dreadful over recent months and Amartey hasn’t been anywhere near as bad.

Just now, Col city fan said:

Amartey can’t play right back. We’ve seen it before. If he plays, he needs to play CB.

I’ve said a few times now in the thread, Id start Big Dan over Soyuncu at the moment. Cags has become dreadful over recent months and Amartey hasn’t been anywhere near as bad.

Agree with that. I’ve not seen amartey right back for a long time either. If we can’t trust like Thomas either. I can’t trust Bertrand at all he is awful past it. He’s tried playing Maddison a right midfielder today which is a joke, might aswell not even played at all. If he’s willing to put Maddison on the right he might aswell put amartey right back lol. Complete the players playing in the wrong position. Like when daka got moved to the right mid when vardy came on against Villa. Either give him 40 million for a right winger. He ain’t got any excuses then.  

• 3 weeks later...