Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

Always felt nervous to me, like he needed to come out of his shell and own games more. Now we completely rely on him, that's how he's playing. We all thought he had it in him having seen those Copenhagen videos, but now we know. Love the bloke and what a player to be able to call upon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Player of the season so far, what the **** is going on 

Not sure if he’s our POTS or not but he’s definitely my favourite player right now. Only one who’s consistently performed at the level we’d expect of him (and probably more!).

Very rarely lets us down. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Not sure if he’s our POTS or not but he’s definitely my favourite player right now. Only one who’s consistently performed at the level we’d expect of him (and probably more!).

Very rarely lets us down. 

If he isn’t, Who is?

12 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

His contract is up soon isn’t it? I’d renew it if he’s happy to be a squad player. His importance and level of performance when called upon cannot be ignored. He’s had a better season than most of the players above him in the pecking order at CB.

You spelt all wrong.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

His contract is up soon isn’t it? I’d renew it if he’s happy to be a squad player. His importance and level of performance when called upon cannot be ignored. He’s had a better season than most of the players above him in the pecking order at CB.

Contract is actually until 2023 - so not as soon as originally believed and apparently in discussions over a new deal as well

• Like 3

Guest Col city fan
8 hours ago, Father Ted said:

It’ll be a travesty that Soyuncu will walk straight back in for Amartey when he’s back 🤡

He shouldn’t, but knowing Brendan, he will 

Imo he’s actually a better defender than Cags, in the way that he just does the basics right. Which is what we need right now. 

Cags brings more to the table in different ways, quick recoveries and sometimes better to play with the ball. He’s a big asset when the team is flying and we need the ‘dive in’ at the halfway line to recover the ball quickly. But when we are backs to the walls, obviously big Dan is more reliable. 

this isn’t a fluke either, last season he did the same against man city. He’s just a tough player for strikers to come up against. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

If he isn’t, Who is?

He's only started about 7 or 8 league games. In one of the worst defences in the league including games in which we've conceded 6, 4 and 3. He's nowhere near in contention for our POTY.

Maddison and Vardy should be miles above anyone else in our POTY conversation currently, just depends on whether you think Maddison carrying us from October onwards has now surpassed Vardy carrying us up till October yet really. It certainly shouldn't be a defensive player.

Edited by Sampson

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

He's only started about 7 or 8 league games. In one of the worst defences in the league including games in which we've conceded 6, 4 and 3. He's nowhere near in contention for our POTY.

Maddison and Vardy should be miles above anyone else in our POTY conversation currently, just depends on whether you think Maddison carrying us from October onwards has now surpassed Vardy carrying us up till October yet really. It certainly shouldn't be a defensive player.

You can definitely count Maddison out unless you are talking about player of the month.

Yeah Amartey hasn’t started many games but look at the ones he did and we have picked up more points on average then when he didn’t.

• Haha 1

He was on of our best players for a while under Puel. He needs a while to get into his stride then he's solid. He rarely gets that opportunity however.

Amartey could be the last 15/16 player in the squad, along with Albrighton since you'd think Vardy and Kasper will retire sooner.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

You can definitely count Maddison out unless you are talking about player of the month.

Yeah Amartey hasn’t started many games but look at the ones he did and we have picked up more points on average then when he didn’t.

Player of the month? He's been a step above anyone else for a good 2 and a half months now. And even discounting the average or even just good games, he's had 3 or 4 times more match winning performances this season than bad games. Maddison has 7 goals and 6 assists in the equivalent of 18 90mins - which is the numbers most wingers or strikers get, not attacking midfielders. He's been statically the best attacking midfielder in the division this season. Better than De Bruyne, Fernandes or whoever else.

It goes back to the same discussion we have every year though with POTY, that Leicester fans are bizarrely absolutely obsessed with defenders and so defenders win it more times than goalkeepers, midfielders and forwards put together. The height of which being an error prone Harry Maguire in a defence which leaked goals beating Jamie Vardy who scored 20 league goals off about 46 chances under Puel in a side that created nothing for him and pretty much single handedly dragged us from being relegation battlers to a to half side.

Because most fans always harp on about "consistency" when that means a game where a defender is anonymous because we dominate the game and they're not needed so we generally win counts as a good game as defender, whereas a game where an attacker is anonymous because they get zero service and our defence and midfield are so poor is considered a bad game for an attacker - not to mention that attacking players are by definition always going to be less consistent anyway because they're judged by much rarer and bigger moments in creating opportunities.

Amartey has started 9 PL games - we've won 5 and lost 4, conceding 19 goals - that's more than 2 goals a game. I'm not saying he's been awful, but making out he's been our best player and then trying to bat away Maddison as just being good for a single month (when Amartey has  barely even played the equivalent of 2 months) just makes me scratch my head a bit as to where you're coming from.

Maddison has also had more match winning games than Amartey has even featured in, let alone started in. Maddison has probably earnt us 3 times the number of points this season than Amartey has. I find it bizarre you're even entertaining the discussion that you think Amartey would be a more worthy winner of our POTY than Maddison so far. But that's Leicester fans and their obsession with defenders I guess and complete lack of acknowledgement of how good our attackers are and how extremely rare it is and what a high level it is to find an attacking player who scores or creates a goal every other game, let alone more than that. I'll never understand it. I think Vardy has almost made us numb to it in a lot of ways. Look at Chelsea last season - won the CL and their top scorer and top assisters got about 6 each. To reach double figures as a forward in either goals or assists is extremely rare, Maddison is set to do both at his current rate - only Mahrez has managed that before for us in our title winning season.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1