Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

4 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Finners getting an endorsement off Col is a bit like someone getting recommended for an honesty award by Boris 

I know right lol

I'm just fvcking fed up of this place ignoring shit like this:

Apparently that's not Amartey's fault its all Vestergaard. That's apparently really good defending by Amartey, he's top class. 

BTW, in case you aren't clear, I know they look a lot alike so I don't want any confusion. You know that guy that's stood on the wrong side of the attacker (fvcking goal side, every 9 year old knows that), takes a couple of really weak pokes at him to try and get the ball, fails and the guy scores? 

It's subtle, I know that looks like Vestergaard but believe it or not that's actually Amartey. Mad I know. 

Edited by Finnegan

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I know right lol

Apparently that's not Amartey's fault its all Vestergaard. That's apparently really good defending by Amartey, he's top class. 

Stop putting words in my mouth, where did I say it was good defending?

Didn't "gift" the goal like you said he did though, did he? I said he was trying to tackle him, and Vestergaard should've stepped up to block the shot. Both were at fault. Not just Amartey.

What about the other players who made mistakes throughout our European campaign this season?

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

What about the other players who made mistakes throughout our European campaign this season? 

You mean like Ryan Bertrand? Vestergaard? 

You're right, absolutely, they shouldn't be playing for us either. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

You mean like Ryan Bertrand? Vestergaard? 

You're right, absolutely, they shouldn't be playing for us either. 

No comment on the mistakes by players like Castagne, Evans, and Vardy which is also cost us Europa league?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

He’s been ok this season, nothing more, today he was a disaster 

Pretty much this, I don't think anybody who's praised him this season is acting like he's a solution nor is he a really good player, he's been a fringe player for 6(?) years at this point for a reason. He's only gotten some respect because he's been our most consistent defender in what has been an absolutely shambolic season of defending, nothing more.

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I know right lol

I don’t think anyone is claiming that Amartey should be a first team regular. He’s the’s 4th choice CB (and only that because we spunked £16m on  Vestegaard) in the side because of injuries and has put in some decent performances and some poor ones this season. However, he’s far from responsible for the defensive joke we’ve become.

It seems like Col must be sitting on his sofa watching games waiting to crack one off to any Amartey mistake whilst shouting  “I was right you bastards” at the telly. But it’s not for me to choose your forum mates ;)

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Pretty much this, I don't think anybody who's praised him this season is acting like he's a solution nor is he a really good player, he's been a fringe player for 6(?) years at this point for a reason. He's only gotten some respect because he's been our most consistent defender in what has been an absolutely shambolic season of defending, nothing more.

Nail on head.

Amartey was awful today, but he has been absolutely fine most of the season, and our best centre half overall.

People are naturally protective of him because he has been subject to ridiculously hyperbolic criticism by particular forum members. That doesn't mean people think he is the second coming.

• Like 3

By the way, this is Amartey marking the man at the back post. Apparently. 

You could be fooled in to thinking its actually Amartey stood staring at the guy that got a free header in the middle of the box whilst his right back had the guy at the back post covered but apparently you'd be wrong. 

Because Big Dan things. 

Screenshot_20220206-183220_YouTube.jpg

Just now, Finnegan said:

You could be fooled in to thinking its actually Amartey stood staring at the guy that got a free header in the middle of the box whilst his right back had the guy at the back post covered but apparently you'd be wrong. 

Because Big Dan things. 

Avoid whatever Evans is doing 😂

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Because Big Dan things. 

Ignoring the state of play just as the cross comes in?

Really think Moses should be Amarteys man? not Evans?

image.thumb.png.3d2a7c393803ea8d50fe841780a64206.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

don’t think anyone is claiming that Amartey should be a first team regular.

But that's my problem, this forum has been doing exactly that all season. "Big Dan" has become the people's champion on foxestalk this year and its utterly bizarre. He's as crap as the rest of them. 

I am 100% sympathetic because he's as much a natural centre back as Hamza is. He's a defensive midfielder that's been lumped there and he's absolutely done his best. We cannot fault his effort or his application in the slightest. 

I think he seems like a lovely guy on a human level, he's a fantastic professional and I wish him all the best. 

But this forum's absolute refusal to hold him accountable for any mistake defensively whilst laying in to absolutely everyone else is just ridiculous. 

Madders is one of the best players we've actually had in the Premier League at this club. He gets dogs abuse every time he makes a mistake, every corner he puts in that's poor or every shot he takes that misses he gets personal abuse. But Amartey? Any criticism of him and everyone piles on. It's absurd. 

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan

I still find it bewildering how lads who call themselves City fans would choose to defend players at the club who are fookin awful. 
It doesn’t happen with other players…? Vestergaard - roundly castigated on here. Bertrand… same

But Amartey?? However rank he can be, some of our so-called ‘fans’ bizarrely try to look for excuses straightaway. I’ve called it myself. It IS like a cult following, but weirdly, of a player who’s just not good enough? 🤔

I love the club and today hurts.. maybe that’s the problem? I care too much? If I didn’t I wouldn’t want to be shipping rubbish like Amartey out of the situation. Instead, I guess I’d probably do what others do… just defend him whatever.

Amartey needs to go, as does Vestergaard, as does Bertrand. Not lauded in some juvenile fashion that I literally would attribute to 10 year olds.

Over and out.

Guest Col city fan

But that's my problem, this forum has been doing exactly that all season. "Big Dan" has become the people's champion on foxestalk this year and its utterly bizarre. He's as crap as the rest of them. 

I am 100% sympathetic because he's as much a natural centre back as Hamza is. He's a defensive midfielder that's been lumped there and he's absolutely done his best. We cannot fault his effort or his application in the slightest. 

I think he seems like a lovely guy on a human level, he's a fantastic professional and I wish him all the best. 

But this forum's absolute refusal to hold him accountable for any mistake defensively whilst laying in to absolutely everyone else is just ridiculous. 

Madders is one of the best players we've actually had in the Premier League at this club. He gets dogs abuse every time he makes a mistake, every corner he puts in that's poor or every shot he takes that misses he gets personal abuse. But Amartey? Any criticism of him and everyone piles on. It's absurd. 

Nail on head. Look up

Hasn't it always been like that on here? Ridiculous bumming up of some players and scapegoating of others?

Just now, Col city fan said:

I still find it bewildering how lads who call themselves City fans would choose to defend players at the club who are fookin awful. 
It doesn’t happen with other players…? Vestergaard - roundly castigated on here. Bertrand… same

But Amartey?? However rank he can be, some of our so-called ‘fans’ bizarrely try to look for excuses straightaway. I’ve called it myself. It IS like a cult following, but weirdly, of a player who’s just not good enough? 🤔

I love the club and today hurts.. maybe that’s the problem? I care too much? If I didn’t I wouldn’t want to be shipping rubbish like Amartey out of the situation. Instead, I guess I’d probably do what others do… just defend him whatever.

Amartey needs to go, as does Vestergaard, as does Bertrand. Not lauded in some juvenile fashion that I literally would attribute to 10 year olds.

Over and out.

If it's that simple Col, list some players who would be happy to be 4th or 5th choice and not moan and perform to the standard you expect, which I'm assuming is the level of Fofana? If you have an actual answer the club should employ you.

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Ignoring the state of play just as the cross comes in?

Really think Moses should be Amarteys man? not Evans?

image.thumb.png.3d2a7c393803ea8d50fe841780a64206.png

I'm not looking to make personal attacks here, so I'm gonna calm down a bit and apologise for my tone in previous posts. I'm emotional and it was needless. 

But their forward is behind Evans out of his field of view. In this situation he should be attacking the ball and Amartey, for whom their forward should be in his line of sight, should be stepping in to cover that forward. 

Amartey is massively culpable for this goal. He's a centre back, that's the six yard box. You can't even argue he's been left stranded by the rest of the defence, he's not over run, he's got ONE attacker he needs to be aware of. 

Should Bouba cover the run? Yes. Should Bertrand have never let the cross come in? Yes. 

But Amartey's one job in this scenario is to be mindful of that attacker and come and win that ball. Its his domain. 

26 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Don’t agree 

I think most see him as 4th choice but then Cags and Jonny have hardly covered themselves in glory either 

Seems strange to me to focus on singling out a utility fourth/fifth choice for our woes when the real problem is so much wider than that 

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Like 4