Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

57 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Nice guy but we are going no where with him and the other chuckle brother at CB.

A bit too nice.  Hated the  moment when a W Ham  player was injured (not at all seriously) and Dan stopped the play when we could have taken advantage of the situation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

His just not good enough to play in week, week out. 

Yep that's the pattern with Big Dan. Comes in when we're down to the bare bones and does v well for a few games then more and more errors start to creep in without him being totally shit. Very good/useful as a back up utility player but not as a regular starter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

About time we finally got rid of players like this and bring quality in.

Who are you bringing in as 4th or 5th choice? Who'd realistically be happy when everyone is fit to not be in the squad? Oh and also has the ability if we really needed to play right back or centre mid?

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
38 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Who are you bringing in as 4th or 5th choice? Who'd realistically be happy when everyone is fit to not be in the squad? Oh and also has the ability if we really needed to play right back or centre mid?

Did you not read that we have conceded 13 goals more this season than the bottom team… Burnley

Let that sink in for a moment 

We have been disastrous defensively this season and all we hear is that Amartey would be 4th or 5th choice…

Well he hasn’t been. He’s been playing an awful lot recently and we continue to ooze goals like blood from a wound

Evans is over… he’ll not get back to fitness now I don’t think. Fofana is still out and the jury is out on whether he’ll ever be the same when he finally returns.

The club needs a complete overhaul of its centre backs. Amartey is not good enough. Vestergaard is not good enough. Soyuncu is a shadow of the former player.

Whilst people still bang on about how ‘decent’ Amartey has played let me say it once more… 13 goals conceded this season MORE than Burnley

We need much better than this 

Edited by Col city fan

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Did you not read that we have conceded 13 goals more this season than the bottom team… Burnley

Let that sink in for a moment 

We have been disastrous defensively this season and all we hear is that Amartey would be 4th or 5th choice…

Well he hasn’t been. He’s been playing an awful lot recently and we continue to ooze goals like blood from a wound

Evans is over… he’ll not get back to fitness now I don’t think. Fofana is still out and the jury is out on whether he’ll ever be the same when he finally returns.

The club needs a complete overhaul of its centre backs. Amartey is not good enough. Vestergaard is not good enough. Soyuncu is a shadow of the former player.

Whilst people still bang on about how ‘decent’ Amartey has played let me say it once more… 13 goals conceded this season MORE than Burnley

Answer the question then 😂 Also if you think all of our options need refreshing you'll be disapointed when we don't sign 4 centre backs in the summer.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

Guest Col city fan
4 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Answer the question then 😂

What makes you constantly want to defend the indefensible?

You sound crackers mate.. honestly

This is literally the worst defence we’ve had in years and you STILL want to defend Amartey? Are you related or something or am I arguing with yet another strange person on here?

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

What makes you constantly want to defend the indefensible?

You sound crackers mate.. honestly

This is literally the worst defence we’ve had in years and you STILL want to defend Amartey? Are you related or something or am I arguing with yet another strange person on here?

So you don't have an answer then? Because in reality unless we are one of the big 4 clubs we are never going to have/afford or keep happy 4 centre halves to the standard you're demanding. Probably a bit weirder thinking this is an actual probability then defending a squad player with obvious limitations who if we didn't have an injury crisis would play probably 5 times a season 

Edited by Tommy Fresh

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Let me sink in for a moment 

The focus needs to be on replacing Evans and Cags, so we have 3 good starting centre backs, including a leader at the back. Then Dan being a "decent" 4th or 5th choice CB isn't such an issue, while someone like Nelson comes through. Big Dan starting a few games a season when we're desperate isn't the same problem as him being a regular starter.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
6 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

So you don't have an answer then? Because in reality unless we are one of the big 4 clubs we are never going to have/afford or keep happy 4 centre halves to the standard you're demanding. Probably a bit weirder thinking this is an actual probability then defending a squad player with obvious limitations bur if we didn't have an injury crisis would play probably 5 times a season 

Where do you keep getting this nonsense from that Amartey is 4th or 5th choice?

🤷‍♂️
Evans is over… Evans is a sick note who should never have been relied on by the club to play many games

Fofana would be first choice, granted 

Soyuncu has been as bad as Amartey and many would choose Amartey over Soyuncu (just read this thread)

Who are the 4 ‘before Amartey’ in this equation?

I say again… having to rely on Amartey even as a mythical ‘squad player’ shows just how calamitous our defensive situation is.

It needs starting from scratch in the summer.

Edited by Col city fan

Thought he was OK in the main in terms of handling Antonio, but then was potentially at fault for both goals (assuming he was playing Bowen on).

The other infuriating thing was when he stopped play for Antonio when he went down, Rodgers has talked about mentality a lot and that was pathetic, we’re 1-0 down, move the bloody ball and get up the pitch, but no, we’re too nicey bloody nice. We must be the softest team in the league by a mile!!!

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Where do you keep getting this nonsense from that Amartey is 4th or 5th choice?

🤷‍♂️
Evans is over… Evans is a sick note who should never have been relied on by the club to play many games

Fofana would be first choice, granted 

Soyuncu has been as bad as Amartey and many would choose Amartey over Soyuncu (just read this thread)

Who are the 4 ‘before Amartey’ in this equation 

I say again… having to rely on Amartey even as a mythical ‘squad player’ shows just how calamitous our defensive situation is.

It needs starting from scratch in the summer.

Did you not read the injury crisis part? Before Fofana's injury he was 4th choice, after Vestergaard signed he was 5th choice with everyone fit. Again if you stop avoiding the question it might help? Because you still haven't suggested a viable 4th choice who is as good as you would like? 

Starting from scratch? Again you'll be disappointed when we don't blow our entire budget on 4 first choice centre halves.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

Guest Col city fan
4 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Did you not read the injury crisis part? Before Fofana's injury he was 4th choice, after Vestergaard signed he was 5th choice with everyone fit. Again if you stop avoiding the question it might help? Because you still haven't suggested a viable 4th choice who is as good as you would like? 

And I’ve just told you it was crazy to rely on Jonny Evans to keep fit to play many more games for the club. And Soyuncu has been pants for months 

Amartey is not good enough to rely upon for any length of time in the Premiership. 
The club have fooked up good and proper by not addressing its defensive lack of strength in depth, during the summer. Meanwhile, it’s a good job we can still score goals. If not, we’d be in a major relegation scrap:

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/clubs/goals_conceded

Edited by Col city fan

Amartey played a role in both goals we conceded. 

I think playing Soy and Amartey together is asking for trouble. They've both played better with Ndidi alongside either of them. 

So has to be Ndidi alongside either Amartey or Soy until Fofana returns.

He works hard but lacks the quality we need.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScrumpyJack said:

Don’t have much confidence in him playing at the back alongside Soyuncu - feel Dan would do better with a hard-man organiser, i.e. prime Morgan 

But he’s very likeable isn’t he. :blush:

I have more confidence in Dan than any other CB

• Like 1
  • Haha 1