Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

It's quite simply really. DA CS JV are not good enough and should be moved on in the Summer. JE is nearing the end of his career and can't be relied on, that leaves WF and the the lad in the reserves. 

We need 2 quality central defenders. Either that or another season of inconsistency and mediocracy.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Fox92 said:

About time we finally got rid of players like this and bring quality in.

Quality players don’t sit on the bench for long at clubs like ours.

Amartey was 5th choice at the start of the season, and overall he has done pretty well for me.

• Like 2

On 07/02/2022 at 08:51, tickler28 said:

If we now decide to drop Amartey for his poor performance should we not also drop Soyuncu who has been equally as culpable of late?

Dropping both of them then means a centre back pairing of Choudhury and Vestergaard....is that a CB pairing for the Premier League???

I still think we seriously messed up not getting a CB in on loan as that clearly is the position on the pitch where we are seriously failing

Yes I can’t understand not getting a centre back in. Maybe the funds were not made available and the loans didn’t work out. 

14 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

Yes I can’t understand not getting a centre back in. Maybe the funds were not made available and the loans didn’t work out. 

We spent 15 mill on one that doesn't fit any of our managers system. All of this comes back to a panic buy made late last summer. 

He really went up in my estimation when he threw the Chelsea pendant across the room.  I appreciate that level of disrespect towards these bigger clubs. He's very likeable Armatey but not the best admittedly.  Goal against Forest probably sums him up but still I can't help but like him. 

• Like 1

On 14/02/2022 at 08:38, Strokes said:

Quality players don’t sit on the bench for long at clubs like ours.

Amartey was 5th choice at the start of the season, and overall he has done pretty well for me.

On 13/02/2022 at 21:32, Tommy Fresh said:

Who are you bringing in as 4th or 5th choice? Who'd realistically be happy when everyone is fit to not be in the squad? Oh and also has the ability if we really needed to play right back or centre mid?

Sorry, I meant bring in quality players to start. Both Amartey and Soyuncu shouldn't be starting. Evans has been quality but is getting on now.

We need a quality centre half to come in and be our main starter.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

Guest Col city fan

Dear Dan

A little tip… NEVER put a defensive header back across your own penalty area!

It’s not a clever thing to do

ALWAYS head it away from goal (eg out for a corner)

Cheers…

Col

👍

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Dear Dan

A little tip… NEVER put a defensive header back across your own penalty area!

It’s not a clever thing to do

ALWAYS head it away from goal (eg out for a corner)

Cheers…

Col

👍

Is heading out for a corner a better option?

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

It was a poor header but if Dan had headed it out for a corner he would have been blasted by the same poster anyway. "We're vulnerable at corners why give one away etc etc"

You’ll keep up with this nonsense as you watch the team fight off a relegation battle

👍

• 2 weeks later...