Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

14 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

No love for Danny boy? Had another strong game vs Leeds. 

That ball that fell to him for an attacking corner was peak Amartey though! lol

Thought he looked really solid again, next to Cags yesterday. Made a couple of really important headers in the last couple of minutes in our own box as well. 

• Like 2

I wonder if he'll become our RB cover when Fofana does come back. His versatility is a great asset right now. 

Hopefully he's not injured too badly - that collision with Roberts towards the end had me fearing the worst that we'd lose another CB having made all our subs.

6 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Nice and aggressive yesterday. Feel for him when Fofana comes back as he's done his absolute best for the club when we desperately needed him to.

Surely if the club knows Soyuncu wants out then Fofana won’t replace Amartey it’ll be Soyuncu?

Something I've noticed from him and Cags in the last 4 or 5 games is that they're actually shouting at other players and communicating better. They'd both been really quiet and both probably as nervous as each other over the 20-odd games they've played together but someone or something has obviously got them talking. Cags was screaming at Youri about being off the pitch chatting to Rodgers and Amartey was geeing up the others around him. Thats the sign of two confident players. He might even go to a back 3 when Fofana comes back because with JJ and Ricardo available dropping Amartey or moving him to RB would be a waste.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Nice and aggressive yesterday. Feel for him when Fofana comes back as he's done his absolute best for the club when we desperately needed him to.

Not sure if I’d not choose him ahead of Soyuncu?

4 hours ago, tickler28 said:

Whats all this fuss about Amartey? 

I'll tell you what the Amartey fuss is about. Came in 2016 was thrown in after Kante left to be the defensive midfielder replacement (set up to fail in a big way but we all loved his goal vs Stoke away)

Comes in and out of the side in the past 6 years under 4 different managers....gets injured the same day of the Khun Vichai tragedy....by the time he's fit we have a new manager and it seems like his days are done......

.......wrong....hangs around is happy to play RB....CB.....sub.....plays himself into form.....sometimes he has a stinker (who doesn't?) But the main thing about Amartey is he's a symbol of what we were before and what we are now.....Cult Legend status firmly secured.

Amartey will live in the Ian Marshall, Pontus Kaamark, Gerry Taggart,  Kasey Keller cult heroes club and nobody deserves it more than he does  

Great post...... Amartey has been in n out and only seen as a squad player.

Now he seen as first choice he's shown that he has the ability to be a great defender for us.

See him in the match verses Burnley and how he marshalled the back giving orders. 

Look how he's made Soyuncu play better and how less he needed to tell Soyuncu what to do, Soyuncu new what he needed to do 

Both of them are making less mistakes because their understanding of each other has increased

• Like 2

Mad isn’t it that up until last season he was never played at centre half, basically poor bloke had to fill in every other position under the sun uncomfortably and was only initially trusted in a back 3 until the injury crisis gave Rodgers no choice, I find it baffling he’s been playing centre back for Ghana for years but we’ve never utilised him in 4-5 years until now, brilliant squad player who we all should appreciate 

• Like 3

Big Dan isn't a right back. Hes earned the right to be in the match squad for the next few years in my opinion. Playing if we don't have fofana, Evans or others available and playing in European competitions where I think he's even better. 

Against teams like Burnley and Leeds he's quality. When it's back to the walls 2 banks of 4 he is also a good shout. Against better midtable sides we need to dominate and move the ball quicker which is where he comes a little unstuck.

Still won't have a bad word said about him

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Great post...... Amartey has been in n out and only seen as a squad player.

Now he seen as first choice he's shown that he has the ability to be a great defender for us.

See him in the match verses Burnley and how he marshalled the back giving orders. 

Look how he's made Soyuncu play better and how less he needed to tell Soyuncu what to do, Soyuncu new what he needed to do 

Both of them are making less mistakes because their understanding of each other has increased

..or, we've just played poor opposition in the last 3 games?

Just saying. 

52 minutes ago, weller54 said:

..or, we've just played poor opposition in the last 3 games?

Just saying. 

"Just" don`t say then ! this is typical of the miserable negative bob that a lot of optimistic positive fans find so bluddy annoying, what do you mean by  "poor" opposition anyway ? the MIGHTY Leeds who played us off the park, dominated the game, had 437 shots and only a world class display of goalkeeping stopped them getting a cricket score ! 

• Like 3

Would be great to get his new contract wrapped up. I'd like to think we've offered or plan to offer him fresh terms and equally that he'd be happy to continue with his current squad role. Replacing him as 4th choice CB with equal quality, mentality and willingness will be nearly impossible. The settled partnership he's found with Cags in the last few games has won us 6 huge points in the league and given us a foundation to build from for the remainder of the season whilst Fofana and Evans recover.

• Like 2