Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

7 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I've said this before, but it is incredible that it took 5/6 years and four managers to play him in his best position. He's a much better central defender than he is a midfielder or full-back. 

The run of games helped him for sure. It's happened with so many players; JJ, Thomas, Barnes, Nacho, KDH, Lookman (to some degree).

Players who it hasn't worked out for; Dennis Praet (though he did look good in some games IMO), Bouba Soumare, Bertrand, Perez (who had an insane run in the team).

Amartey hasn't been given a new contract, but surely he will get one? Even if he's 4th choice again next season, with Evans crocked and Vestergaard too slow, he'd be a great squad option. I assume Soyuncu leaves, Fofana stays and we bring in one new signing, Tarkowski most likely.

19 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The run of games helped him for sure. It's happened with so many players; JJ, Thomas, Barnes, Nacho, KDH, Lookman (to some degree).

Players who it hasn't worked out for; Dennis Praet (though he did look good in some games IMO), Bouba Soumare, Bertrand, Perez (who had an insane run in the team).

Amartey hasn't been given a new contract, but surely he will get one? Even if he's 4th choice again next season, with Evans crocked and Vestergaard too slow, he'd be a great squad option. I assume Soyuncu leaves, Fofana stays and we bring in one new signing, Tarkowski most likely.

Have u seen Tarkowski recently? He’s been awful. 

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

So was Evans in his last season at West Brom, still turned out decent.

If he's available on a free, probably a good signing. Depends on the fee really.

I’d prefer to keep Amartey than sign Tarkowski. He’s basically another Vestegaard when it comes to pace. Burnley play a deep line as did Southampton when Vesty played. He’s been a good defender in that role. At Leicester he’ll be forced higher up the pitch and he’ll be exposed. 

Amartey isn't good enough for a midfield or RB slot at the level we've been playing at for the last few seasons. CB is his best position, but he still makes too many individual mistakes and lacks composure at times. 

The good thing is that he doesn't lack ability. So if his individual decision making and consistency could improve then he has a chance at centre back. That's the sort of stuff that can be coached whereas his natural athleticism is already there. 

Still behind a fit Fofana and Evans. He's also a way behind Soyuncu of previous seasons, as well, but maybe not the brain fart 2021/22 vintage. 

There is something to work with as a 3rd or 4th choice CB and we could easily go wrong if we try and recruit better. See a very tall Danish player as evidence for this. 

Just now, EnderbyFox said:

Had another cracker of a game today. 

98.4% pass completion from 62 passes is pretty nuts for a Centre-back. 

7 Aeriel duels won as well :appl:

Him and Soy have a real relationship now. It's not that one of them is good and is carrying the other, I feel like they have both improved each other. Ironically Amartey is the Ghanaian Jonny Evans! Who would have thought?!

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Oozing with confidence at the moment is Dan the man. It’s great to watch him just simply defend… winning aerial duels, blocks, tackles… and then simply laying it off. 
Genuinely hope it lasts. We have some tough games round the corner. 

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Oozing with confidence at the moment is Dan the man. It’s great to watch him just simply defend… winning aerial duels, blocks, tackles… and then simply laying it off. 

I personally think Dan is a really intelligent footballer. Understands the game and recognises his own abilities. Doesn’t try to be flash and keeps it simple. All players make mistakes, but he minimises his - Cags is still learning and still has a rash challenge / brain fart in him. Did well tonight though with some key defensive headers. 

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Him and Soy have a real relationship now. It's not that one of them is good and is carrying the other, I feel like they have both improved each other. Ironically Amartey is the Ghanaian Jonny Evans! Who would have thought?!

Ghana? 

• Haha 2

I swear him and Gags have grown an inch in the last 2 weeks. Cags has been a nightmare to play with for most of this season, but seems to have finally found form.

By way of a contrast, I suspect Dan has had this kind of form in him for a while, he is a good CB at this level when he is confident. Getting a decent run of games this season has raised his stock.

6 minutes ago, Kuredufox said:

Love him but he has an annoying habit a picking players up and checking if they are ok when he has fouled them.

Naa..he's checking if he needs to hit them big again, or they have understood

big Dan ain't for movin or foolin

I don't believe he is 3rd or 4th choice,he rides between 1st & 2nd Choice..

I don't think Evans is an automatic first choice.

.From nowhere we discovered Fofana developed quicker than anticipated.

Soyu took a while to rediscover his form

He's had some below average performances like Amartey, but also has Evans...

I actually think because of injury unreliability..Evans won't have a long period of continual games..

So Amartey,Fofana,and Soyu are our mainstays of CB choices.

Add Choudhury & hopefully Nelson is the way forward & maybe Vestergaard can rekindle his career over the summer Months .

We should not look back to think Evans can drive us into the future..

& There will always be another CB somewhere that will slot into that unkown future..

Vardy can still carry us into our future,

Where Evans has an incurable injury ,that. Won't see him having sustained runs in the side.

8 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Has he won you over yet Col?