Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

Guest Col city fan
On 11/03/2022 at 08:24, tickler28 said:

Has he won you over yet Col?

I just want to see consistency mate tbh

We play Arsenal next and if Amartey and Cags can keep up this level of consistency it’ll be great for the club

It’ll also be great for Dan cos he’ll likely get a new contract

But we’ve seen so many defensive calamities over the last year that it’s impossible to tell. 
FT is very much like this. A player puts together a couple of good showings and suddenly he’s Fabio Cannavaro… 

I just want to see us defensively more solid (which we have been) but for this to continue

Guest Col city fan
32 minutes ago, sylofox said:

😂😂 You dont want friends then 😂😂

Shut up Welly! I thought you’d left?

😄

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Just popped in to p1ss you off if that's ok.

That’s a shame, I thought you’d joined another forum to give us all a break!

😉

(Just kidding Mark before you ban me again) 👍

Guest Col city fan
35 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Still my favourite Amartey moment...

Now just hold on a minute! What about this fooker!:

I think I said earlier in this thread that Amartey lacks the decision making and composure to be a top class CB. He does, however, have the ability. This season, however, you could say the same about Soyuncu.

I’m not sure how many games Amartey played at CB in the past. He wouldn’t have played any at PL level. He’s getting better all the time and him and Soyuncu have looked much more on it recently.

The irony is that Fofana and Evans will come back just as Soyuncu and Amartey are playing themselves into form. After a whole season of holding down a place Amartey has made the search for another CB less important in the closed season. It might be a judgement call based on the future fitness of Jonny Evans or Soyuncu’s contract situation, rather than Amartey’s ability.

(Vestergaard, however, should be sold for whatever money we can get for him). 

22 hours ago, Col city fan said:

That’s a shame, I thought you’d joined another forum to give us all a break!

😉

(Just kidding Mark before you ban me again) 👍

The only break people want you to have is your neck 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
41 minutes ago, sylofox said:

The only break people want you to have is your neck 😂😂😂

Fookin carrot cruncher…

😉

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Fookin carrot cruncher…

😉

Your just jealous. The only place you can have an affair with your wifes sister (who's actually your aunt) and no one cares. In your case it would be your boyfriend's brother though. 😂😂😂😂

He was unlucky with his goal effort of the Corner. But he got a good header on it and the keeper didn't know much about it really.

I loved the fact he was the first one in there I think it was when Barnes got clattered late game.

He was pushing and shoving players , Don't mess with us.

Growing in confidence all the time.

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

He was unlucky with his goal effort of the Corner. But he got a good header on it and the keeper didn't know much about it really.

I loved the fact he was the first one in there I think it was when Barnes got clattered late game.

He was pushing and shoving players , Don't mess with us.

Growing in confidence all the time.

Dan made some good last ditch tackles last night. But the reality is that his header should have been buried and both of their goals involved the ball going straight through his legs! Fofana is back and is hopefully going to be like a new player for us and I’m guessing that it’s gonna be a Fofana/Soyuncu partnership going forward guys… (when both are available)

What I did like about Amartey last night was he was shouting at some of our own players. I’ve not seen that in him before and it was good to see.

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Dan made some good last ditch tackles last night. But the reality is that his header should have been buried and both of their goals involved the ball going straight through his legs! Fofana is back and is hopefully going to be like a new player for us and I’m guessing that it’s gonna be a Fofana/Soyuncu partnership going forward guys… (when both are available)

What I did like about Amartey last night was he was shouting at some of our own players. I’ve not seen that in him before and it was good to see.

Pretty poor for both to go between his legs but he wasn't really the main fault in either goal.

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Pretty poor for both to go between his legs but he wasn't really the main fault in either goal.

No he wasn’t. I agree 

9 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

He caught the header too well, a little glance on it and it would have been in. How long is it since we scored from a Corner and we nearly got 2 tonight.

I wouldn't be certain on the CB pairing going forward. Evans Fofana and Soyuncu are all left sided CBs. I think if fit Evans and Fofana will be the pairing and I wouldn't be surprised to see one or both of the others leave in the Summer if the price is right.