Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

Just now, Unabomber said:

Was very good again today. I can’t believe how well he has performed this season and I hope he gets a new contract sorted soon. Top pro and great guy. 

I know of at least one poster who disagrees with you - no prizes for guessing who :) 

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I wouldn’t give Dan a new contract personally 

I think he needs to move away and to cement a first team spot at a club more at his level. He clearly loves playing.

When Evans, Cags and Fofana are all fully fit, I don’t think Dan will feature much AND I think we’ll sign another CB in the summer

I still don’t think he’s good enough for a club wanting to progress next season. He makes too many errors to rely on and is the epitome of a confidence player. When he’s nervous he goes to pieces (eg Forest in the cup).

He’s been a loyal servant and is clearly a ‘nice guy’ but both for good of the club and the player, I’d be looking to move him on. 

Disagree with you on this one Col. I feel like he's been the most consistent performer in lur backline this season, albeit that's hardly a glowing appraisal. I feel like with the injuries we seem to have nowadays a utility man such as Amartey is invaluable. He's not perfect by any means but I think he does a job for us

35 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Was very good again today. I can’t believe how well he has performed this season and I hope he gets a new contract sorted soon. Top pro and great guy. 

I suppose a lot will depend on what Dan wants at 27 he more then likely wants to play ever week, which he has done this season.

But he knows he is going to to drop down to 4th choice once Evans and Fofana are fully fit.

Big Dan has been arguably our most consistent performer this season. Personally, if the season was to finish now I think KDH should get Player of the Season, but Big Dan wouldn’t be far behind. I’d written Amartey off over the last couple of years and thought it was time to move him on, but so glad we kept him as we’ve really needed him with injuries to Evans & Fofana, Soyuncu being out of sorts and Vestergaard perhaps not being the signing that we all hoped he would be. Also, it’s clear he loves the club and is happy with his squad role. Throwing Chelski’s banner in the floor on FA Cup Final day was funny as well. He’s fast turning into a real cult hero of our club and long may it last as he’s still young.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Notting your mums forest said:

Big Dan has been arguably our most consistent performer this season. Personally, if the season was to finish now I think KDH should get Player of the Season, but Big Dan wouldn’t be far behind. I’d written Amartey off over the last couple of years and thought it was time to move him on, but so glad we kept him as we’ve really needed him with injuries to Evans & Fofana, Soyuncu being out of sorts and Vestergaard perhaps not being the signing that we all hoped he would be. Also, it’s clear he loves the club and is happy with his squad role. Throwing Chelski’s banner in the floor on FA Cup Final day was funny as well. He’s fast turning into a real cult hero of our club and long may it last as he’s still young.

Maddison should be absolutely walking the Player of the Season award. KDH has done really well the past couple of months but he barely even played until January and hasn't even played half the season. Maddison has more goal contributions (20) than KDH even has starts (18). Vardy has more minutes than KDH this season even and obviously Vardy has been better than pretty much anyone else when he's been fit and would be winning it if not for injury.

I disagree about Amartey being a consistent player - though no one has been that consistent, except maybe Vardy when he's been fit and maybe Albrighton for that recent spell when he played, though neither have played enough to be POTS. Amartey has had a good season, but he'll make one brainfart decision that will cost us every 3 or 4 games (today included for their goal), which ultimately reminds you why he won't be a regular starter when everyone is fit.

Not to say Amartey or KDH haven't had good seasons, they have, but I think people are ridiculously overlooking just how good Maddison has been this season. It's March and he already has more contributions than anyone bar Vardy and Mahrez has ever got for us in a PL season (more so than the likes of Izzet or Heskey ever got for example).

Maddison has earnt us so many points this season and has hands down earnt us the most points this season and been the one who's dragged us through European ties and up to mid table more than anyone else.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

Guest Col city fan

So, it looks like we are in the market to sign a first team CB in the summer

Thank goodness 

Who do we let go of?

Big Dan or Soyuncu

Or neither?

On 20/03/2022 at 16:42, lennybhoy said:

Flans on here are too quick to write players off...loads of examples of it.

This spelling mistake is incredible. I’ve been laughing at it for about 5 minutes now. Thank you lol 

• Haha 1

Never understood the criticism he has been given during his time here. He has been very unfortunate to be the victim of his own ability....

What I mean by that is, he's unfortunate that he's actually our 'best' centre half capable of playing at RB/DM. Those are the positions he has played at times, and whilst it's clear he's far weaker there, I'd bet he's far better there than Evans/Soyuncu etc.

If I was Top, Amartey could potentially be the deciding factor on whether or not I would be willing to let Rodgers carry on over the Summer. If Rodgers was not looking to give Amartey a new deal, but was keeping Vestergaard, that would tell me quite clearly that Rodgers is not capable of change, and will never be able to admit his wrongs. 

I think all City fans would agree that our best 4 players in his position, in any order, are Evans/Fofana/Amartey/Soyuncu.

For me, when Evans is unavailable, I'd currently be playing Fofana + Amartey as our first choice pairing, until one players form dips to give Soyuncu a chance. Not only is Amartey ahead of Soyuncu on form, but Amartey and Fofana would ensure we have two very capable players with the ball who are extremely mobile.

18 hours ago, sdb said:

Absolutely. Although Soyuncu likely too. 

We'll need at least one in but Evans' career is surely not going to last much longer.

I wouldn't be too quick to write off Evans based on this season's injuries. The foot was always going to be an issue and the hamstring was most likely a by product of him nursing it and walking/running on it differently. If he continues to miss games though, Amartey will continue to get starts. He's growing as a player, has been shouting and instructing in the backline which simply comes from playing with Cags for about 3 months and knowing their games. I'd 100% extend his contract. Incredible to think he's been here for about 6 years as a utility man.

14 minutes ago, iancognito said:

I wouldn't be too quick to write off Evans based on this season's injuries. The foot was always going to be an issue and the hamstring was most likely a by product of him nursing it and walking/running on it differently. If he continues to miss games though, Amartey will continue to get starts. He's growing as a player, has been shouting and instructing in the backline which simply comes from playing with Cags for about 3 months and knowing their games. I'd 100% extend his contract. Incredible to think he's been here for about 6 years as a utility man.

And by learning to play CB has probably extended his career by at least 5 yrs. in the top echelon of football.

On 20/03/2022 at 21:04, coolhandfox said:

I suppose a lot will depend on what Dan wants at 27 he more then likely wants to play ever week, which he has done this season.

But he knows he is going to to drop down to 4th choice once Evans and Fofana are fully fit.

Is he...?? Evans fitness wise has a lot to hold upto. I doubt we will see another 28+ games a season through all competions from him..

• Like 1