Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

6 hours ago, SO1 said:

And by learning to play CB has probably extended his career by at least 5 yrs. in the top echelon of football.

Daniel Amartey who has played CB at his previous club and for his international team? Aye well done Dan :D

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Daniel Amartey who has played CB at his previous club and for his international team? Aye well done Dan :D

My bad. Thought he was just a defensive back when I came. :P

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

My bad. Thought he was just a defensive back when I came. :P

We used to have a player called Patrick Kisnorbo, who is now managing in the A League. We weirdly played him out of position in midfield for ages and everyone thought he was awful. It turned out he was a centre back being played out of position. We certainly have previous for it :D

Give the man a new contract, it can’t be understated he’s come on leaps and bounds in a settled position at CB. I just hope he doesn’t mind being behind the likes of fofana/evans and probably soyuncu, as we’ve seen with injuries there’s always a chance he’ll get game time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Sorry a what, is this the NFL thread?

Just to be sure I googled Luke Thomas too make sure I was using the correct positional name I was referring to. Oh well.

I think earlier in the season Amartey made some poor individual decisions and mistakes at CB. If he could iron those out consistently, as he has towards the end of the season, then he’ll become a top CB. 

If the fitness of Evans is reliable and we keep Soyuncu then the need to rush out and buy may not be there next season. It’s more likely that we need one more CB and, hopefully, ship out Vestergaard and keeping Amartey would play a big part in ensuring we have options. 

17 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I think earlier in the season Amartey made some poor individual decisions and mistakes at CB. If he could iron those out consistently, as he has towards the end of the season, then he’ll become a top CB. 

If the fitness of Evans is reliable and we keep Soyuncu then the need to rush out and buy may not be there next season. It’s more likely that we need one more CB and, hopefully, ship out Vestergaard and keeping Amartey would play a big part in ensuring we have options. 

Fofana and amartey both prefer to be the right side on a pairing, Evans and soyuncu left, I think soyuncu will leave so we will want a cb comfortable playing left side of the two!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iancognito said:

He's always been a CB. We bought him as a DM because he played one season for Copenhagen there but he's played his entire Ghana career at CB. For some odd reason Puel decided he was a good candidate for RB too.

It's amazing how good a player can look if you play them in the position they're best at.

There's a few managers that could do with reminding of that common sense. 

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

Dan's decision making is very  close to becoming textbook.  That's come with consistently playing. 

I love the way he refuses to dive in....delaying, stalling, hands behind his back, gently forcing the forward a yard or two wider, the angle a tad acute. He looks like a super well drilled player (different to fofana, who oozed natural ability at Rennes and was a mental step ahead of everyone on the pitch) 

The Improvement in big Dan is akin to JJ's extraordinary Improvement last season. If this form is maintained, he's ahead of Evans

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Dan's decision making is very  close to becoming textbook.  That's come with consistently playing. 

I love the way he refuses to dive in....delaying, stalling, hands behind his back, gently forcing the forward a yard or two wider, the angle a tad acute. He looks like a super well drilled player (different to fofana, who oozed natural ability at Rennes and was a mental step ahead of everyone on the pitch) 

The Improvement in big Dan is akin to JJ's extraordinary Improvement last season. If this form is maintained, he's ahead of Evans

So is this a Brendan in moment?

If anyone wants to know how unfair world cup qualifiers are in Africa all you have to see that sadly only one of Nigeria or ghana will go through! We won't be able to see both sides, especially amarteys ghana. He's genuinely their best player and leader. When a player is given confidence at club level and supported (by both the team with game time and the fans with chants and praise when he does well) its normal that he plays even better! Best of luck to ghana 

42 minutes ago, NasPb said:

If anyone wants to know how unfair world cup qualifiers are in Africa all you have to see that sadly only one of Nigeria or ghana will go through! We won't be able to see both sides, especially amarteys ghana. He's genuinely their best player and leader. When a player is given confidence at club level and supported (by both the team with game time and the fans with chants and praise when he does well) its normal that he plays even better! Best of luck to ghana 

The qualifiers are arguably the best bit. Italy going out to Macedonia? Stuff dreams are made of. 

5 hours ago, foxile5 said:

The qualifiers are arguably the best bit. Italy going out to Macedonia? Stuff dreams are made of. 

I refer mainly to the fact that Africa has only 5 members at the wc when Europe has many more spots, and the fact that African qualifiers sre brutal in terms of talent. It's not fair, at least 10 African teams should have a spot. European qualifiers in general are extremely easy. Just look at England, why would you allow them to keep playing minoes 24/7? It's a waste of time and space. 

If we were to win the euro thingy … the games would be piling up again next year. Given how fragile every defender we have is, we could almost have have two separate defences, like the Lions do in rugby! One plays midweek; one plays weekends. Everyone gets game time; everyone gets recovery time. The consistency comes from them getting to know each others games as a unit ….. until they all get injured again 😞

Guest Chocolate Teapot
12 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

I think earlier in the season Amartey made some poor individual decisions and mistakes at CB. 

He did in the last game against Brentford and it cost us a goal.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

If we were to win the euro thingy … the games would be piling up again next year. Given how fragile every defender we have is, we could almost have have two separate defences, like the Lions do in rugby! One plays midweek; one plays weekends. Everyone gets game time; everyone gets recovery time. The consistency comes from them getting to know each others games as a unit ….. until they all get injured again 😞

To be honest we're not far off that currently.

Castagne, fofana, Evans, Justin

Ricardo, Amartey, Soyuncu, Thomas

And that's without dumb and dumber - bertrand and Vestergaard.