Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He did in the last game against Brentford and it cost us a goal.

Yes, he still does it a little too much for me. 

He's rightly being applauded for his efforts this season, but he has the tendency sometimes to dilly dally on the ball and make poor choices (Forest away comes to mind) and you can't get away with that at CB. People will rightly point out, though, that this season Soyuncu has been at least as bad.

The good news is that Amartey has all the physical attributes to be good in the role and suits CB more than any other position. A run in the side has given him the opportunity to improve and win over many waverers who were unsure about him. Changing your mentality is something that can be coached and learned, but the ability is there. But, for me, he needs to cut out the errors over a period of time before we can get too excited about him and suggest that he is the heir apparent to the likes of Evans. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The fact no one had seen a proper defender all season seemed to trick people into thinking he was ok for a bit all while we were conceding 3 goals a game.

Really should move on when his contract ends. He’s a bombscare who only breeds panic into his teammates.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

The fact no one had seen a proper defender all season seemed to trick people into thinking he was ok for a bit all while we were conceding 3 goals a game.

Really should move on when his contract ends. He’s a bombscare who only breeds panic into his teammates.

The bloke is 4th and actually meant to be 5th choice. If you have some suggestions of options who will come in to take his role and are as good as Fofana and Evans, who will then be happy to not play or perhaps be in the squad most weeks then you should work for the club. Add in if we don't have European football next season their game time would be even more limited. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
6 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Pointless mate, you’ll get no change on here for stating the obvious. Believe me

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Pointless mate, you’ll get no change on here for stating the obvious. Believe me

I'd happily replace Amartey if you could do it on the cheap, improve on his ability, they'd be good around the squad and be happy to not play. 

7 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

but somehow this is Amartey's fault despite him making a very good defensive clearance moments earlier to block Coleman's shot.

Rewatch that back if possible, as I'm sure he messed up in the lead up to that as I was going spare. He came on in midfield a position he hasn't played for years, but soon dropped into a back five without the ball, and like with Vestergaard earlier in the season just his presence in a defence which was coping reasonably well created uncertainty. 

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, Mark said:

Rewatch that back if possible, as I'm sure he messed up in the lead up to that as I was going spare. He came on in midfield a position he hasn't played for years, but soon dropped into a back five without the ball, and like with Vestergaard earlier in the season just his presence in a defence which was coping reasonably well created uncertainty. 

That’s exactly what happened 

3 minutes ago, Mark said:

I will watch it on MOTD later, even if that is the case surely the issue is Rodgers and not Amartey though, it just winds me up that every one piles in on Amartey when all 4 of the starting back 4 were equally if not more at fault for the goal.

• Like 3

Guest Kopfkino

I never want to watch that back so I’ve no idea if he had any fault today but he’s usually near a **** up.

But the point about Amartey is he should be nowhere near the team by choice. He’s shit, he’s been shit ever since he signed, he was shit in midfield, he was shit before he broke his leg when people tried to pretend he’d started coming good playing RB or what it was, he’s marginally better at CB but is usually not far from a **** up. He’s just shit and for some reason some players get away with being absolutely shit and some like Vestergaard, who is equally as shit, get it in the neck and the some.

Has now managed to develop a bit of cult status for throwing a pennant over his shoulder 

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Kopfkino said:

I never want to watch that back so I’ve no idea if he had any fault today but he’s usually near a **** up.

But the point about Amartey is he should be nowhere near the team by choice. He’s shit, he’s been shit ever since he signed, he was shit in midfield, he was shit before he broke his leg when people tried to pretend he’d started coming good playing RB or what it was, he’s marginally better at CB but is usually not far from a **** up. He’s just shit and for some reason some players get away with being absolutely shit and some like Vestergaard, who is equally as shit, get it in the neck and the some.

Has now managed to develop a bit of cult status for throwing a pennant over his shoulder 

Christ! If I wrote that Mark would ban me (for the umpteenth time) yet again.

But I agree. The cult status thing is just weird 

1 hour ago, Will1981 said:

I will watch it on MOTD later, even if that is the case surely the issue is Rodgers and not Amartey though, it just winds me up that every one piles in on Amartey when all 4 of the starting back 4 were equally if not more at fault for the goal.

not at fault in the slightest.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 hours ago, Munshi said:

How on earth is he getting the blame for yesterday then? goal had nothing to do with him ffs

We must blame someone / everyone.

20 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

I like him.  He focusses .. he is conscientious. He is a good player - maybe not top 6 but a great player foe us to have.  he is behind evans and fofana - but he is ahead of cags... better then wes was. Even better then Zac whitbread for sure.
I will put you down as a "maybe"

On 20/04/2022 at 22:22, Mark said:

....I would suggest that it was part of his instruction when he was sent on!!!

Bringing him on because Mendy was too small is irrelevant as the only way his height would have benefitted us, was him dropping into the backline to help out. It would have therefore been a pointless substitution if that was not the case.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Col city fan

Christ on a bike.

Some people on here quite seriously put Dan Amartey as their player of the season.

What game are you watching??

🤷‍♂️