Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

Don’t think anyone can argue that he’s been a revelation this season. He can look back on how things have gone overall and be proud of his effort.

Interesting he started over Soyuncu who must now definitely be off this summer.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
39 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I was replying to a post talking specifically about his passing. No shock you didn't grasp that. Jog on, haven't got the patience for you today.

Ah my apologies

Yes, I agreed his passing was very good last night. Much more direct

Guest Col city fan
36 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Don’t think anyone can argue that he’s been a revelation this season. He can look back on how things have gone overall and be proud of his effort.

Interesting he started over Soyuncu who must now definitely be off this summer.

A revelation! 😳

24 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

A revelation! 😳

Revelation: a surprising and previously unknown fact that has been disclosed to others.

I had no idea he could play as a pretty decent Prem CB hence he’s been a revelation. Not amazing but far exceeded expectations.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
23 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Col has an agenda against Amartey and also has problem understanding relativity it seems.

Has Amartey been outstanding this season and better than Evans and Fofana at their best? No. But has he filled admirably and exceeded expectation to show he's a competent centre back at this level. Yes he has.

Said it earlier in the season, but people can moan about Amartey and Thomas all they like, but the fact we signed two experienced players in their positions in the summer and have reverted to using players we already had in the squad isn't the fault of those two, who have always given their all when called on, it's on the recruitment team and the two signings.

I don’t have any agenda other than being a Leicester City fan who wants to see the team do well

Amartey isn’t good enough to play for a Premiership side. That’s my opinion based on watching him play many many times. I’ll stick with it. I’m firm in my opinion of him and pretty much always have been.

I’ve found this thread strange based on two main factors. Again, just my opinion. Firstly, Amartey can be absolutely pants (eg Forest in the FA cup), yet there are posters who just overlook this seemingly because they don’t want to ‘offend’ (or something… I can’t quite work out what it is).

Secondly, almost a cult following of a player who is at best very average, yet commands on here a kind of ‘love-in’ that I can’t grasp. He can play badly, and we can leak goals (as we have done all season), yet the adoration continues.

I don’t get that. We’re City fans, not Amartey fans and if he fooks up and we lose then say so??

Finally. It’s not all his fault. The team has been poor this term. Rodgers has made some rubbish signings. Vestie, Bertrand, seemingly Soumare… none of them good enough to come in when needed and to offer a viable alternative. 
I’ve said I think Amartey seems a very likeable man. But that’s not enough. The club must go out in the summer and sign another very good CB such that if we keep Amartey it’s to bring him in on those few occasions when we have nobody else. 
The club fooked up. Fofana got injured, Evans is well past his best, Cags had had an awful Euro’s… so what did we do… we went out and signed Verstergaard. 
That meant Amartey had to play far too often this season and we’ve conceded more goals this term than we ever should have done.

12 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Sure occasionally he gets done like he did last night, but find me a back up centre back outside the big 6 that doesn't.

Not just back up Centre Backs.

• Like 3

Just now, davieG said:

Not just back up Centre Backs.

Exactly. Pukki is hardly a world class player  but his strengths are clear. He holds the ball well and is good at quickly changing direction, and he's also very aware of what's around him. It won't be the first time he beat a defender easily and I'm sure there's a YouTube video I cant be bothered to look for that many clips of it.

29 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

We've been poor in general, you say it yourself. Why you insist on calling out a player who is quite obviously 4th choice centre back (at least at the start of the season) is beyond me.

Has he been perfect, not at all, but is he expected to be even close? Of course not, he was meant to be here to step in for the odd game. He's also not the only player to make glaring mistakes this year, some of them considered first choice players. I mean how many penalties has Ndidi conceded this season? Seemed like a weekly occurance at one point. Tielemans spent most the second half of the season passing to the opposition. Barnes has been completely missing in some games. Justin couldn't win an aerial battle if you gave him a trampoline. Yet it's the stand in who stepped up when needed and exceeded the low expectations set of him you have an issue with.

I'd also say we have conceded more goals this season due to poor tactics. We have conceded lots with and without Amartey in the team. Our defending from set pieces is awful. That's partly down to being a small team, also down to the keeper not commanding the area. Maybe some of its on having to play our 4th choice cb, but its clearly not the only issue.

The biggest criticism of Amartey was his passing, and that has improved massively this season. In the most part his positioning is spot on, he wins his aerial duels, he stands up and makes clean tackles. Sure occasionally he gets done like he did last night, but find me a back up centre back outside the big 6 that doesn't.

So name the player, that's your challenge today. Name the player who would happily come here and play his role at the club who would be an improvement on him. The people employed to do that came up with Vestergaard last summer, so I'm sure the oracle of Col can do better.

No point trying to explain it to be honest, I've reiterated a lot of points in your post numerous times to him. Really surprised he hasn't called you "stalky" yet 

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

No point trying to explain it to be honest, I've reiterated a lot of points in your post numerous times to him. Really surprised he hasn't called you "stalky" yet 

facecloth makes a lot of valid points , and you reply by childish name calling

Right from his excellent performance in the charity shield through the Liverpool shut out ,Amartey has been generally solid and when he plays we have conceded fewer goals. Does he make mistakes? Of course he does , but so does VVD . I reckon the club are happy with Dan and they should extend his contract.

• Like 3

Just did a very quick run through of his games, he started or played at least a half in 22 premier league games where we've conceded 36 goals. In the other 13 games we've conceded 20.

It's not scientific and I'm sure I could dig deeper, but we have conceded 1.63 goals a game with him and 1.53 a game without him. It's hardly a damming stat is it those figures are similar, you can't make a clear judement. A large chunk of his games were alongside a massively off colour Soyuncu. The fact we have conceded over a goal game on average whoever plays at the back shows its collective issue,  not one man.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely fine as a 4th choice CB, he does a job. No Europe means less games next season too, so he’s less likely to get significant game time.

Would be really happy with Evans, Wes, Bremer/Colwill/New CB and big Dan as options for next season. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Exactly. Pukki is hardly a world class player  but his strengths are clear. He holds the ball well and is good at quickly changing direction, and he's also very aware of what's around him. It won't be the first time he beat a defender easily and I'm sure there's a YouTube video I cant be bothered to look for that many clips of it.

Pukki is a non-top 6 quality striker in the PL, and the large reason Norwich have any points this season. He'll do in better players than Big Dan. 

4 minutes ago, knitro said:

Pukki is a non-top 6 quality striker in the PL, and the large reason Norwich have any points this season. He'll do in better players than Big Dan. 

Oh yeah him and Aarons are pretty much the only ones even close to being Premier league quality. A promoted team wouldn't go too far wrong getting Pukki in as a back up striker option.

Problem with Cal-amartey is he makes some big mistakes and they overshadow all the good work he tends to do. Can't fault the lad for effort but it takes more than that to get near top 6, it's no coincidence with the game time hes been getting, we're poop.  That's not to say it's his fault but he's a million miles off someone like Fofana's class. If we have ambitions, rather than just holding our premier League place, he's the sort of player you might keep for cover cos he's versatile, but in my eyes he aint good enough as a starter, and I'd suggest he stays on the subs bench as much as possible too.  

I would agree with one of the posters above who said he was one of the worst last night.  Not as bad as lookman though, I think his time maybe up. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, squidsworth said:

Problem with Cal-amartey is he makes some big mistakes and they overshadow all the good work he tends to do. Can't fault the lad for effort but it takes more than that to get near top 6, it's no coincidence with the game time hes been getting, we're poop.  That's not to say it's his fault but he's a million miles off someone like Fofana's class. If we have ambitions, rather than just holding our premier League place, he's the sort of player you might keep for cover cos he's versatile, but in my eyes he aint good enough as a starter, and I'd suggest he stays on the subs bench as much as possible too.  

I would agree with one of the posters above who said he was one of the worst last night.  Not as bad as lookman though, I think his time maybe up. 

Judging by your post you think we've been starting him over Evans and Fofana by choice. He's cover and they've been injured, so he's covered.

Also Amartey has started 22 league games this season, I'm gonna challenge to name 11 "big mistakes" as you put it. One every other game, so if they are so glaringly obvious that shouldn't be too hard,  you should have some to spare.

Oh and can we not refer to a premier league, fa cup and community shield winning player as Cal-amartey. Show respect to a club legend :thumbup:

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2