Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

I like the guy and he is what he is but if we want any of the development squad to advance we need them in and around the 1st team with a chance of playing.
Dan is 4th choice meaning someone like Brunt, Hughes & Nelson are 5th 6th & 7th, we need to generate funds whilst developing our own, with the lack of European games next season 1 of those 3 needs to become 4th choice and be playing Lge cup games otherwise we might as well sell them instead.

If we sell Cags then Dan isn’t 3rd choice quality for where we want to be going

14 hours ago, Col city fan said:

See what you’re doing here mate… being  browbeaten into submission by the usual suspects on this thread. 
Don’t do it. Stick with what you think. It’s an online forum and let me tell you, this bunch ain’t coming round to knock your door down.

Whats happening is what I pointed out happens on here a couple of pages back

👍

This usual suspect (some gall you've got repeatedly using that phrase, Mr. Söze) pointed out that his 'Dan's to blame/I'm not saying Dan's to blame' remark was illogical. 

Far from being browbeaten (and while appearing to agree, in good humour) he has offered to dig up some numbers to prove that the player no-one thinks is an ideal first-choice centre back is not an ideal first-choice centre back. 

You've had it explained to you plenty of times why people like and admire Dan. And still with the 'I don't get it' shtick.

If you're still confused/annoyed, wouldn't it be easier to reply directly to me instead of using proxies to have a dig? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Points per match played (2021/22),

Evans  1.47

Amartey  1.40

Soyuncu  1.32

Vestergaard  1.20

Fofana  0.75

:blink:

Its obvious we need to bin that joker Fofana off :D

20 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Evans  1.47

Amartey  1.40

Soyuncu  1.32

Vestergaard  1.20

Fofana  0.75

More interesting to see average goals against, as Fofana has play 4 but we have only lost 1 he has played in, unfortunately the other 3 have been draws.

33 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Evans  1.47

Amartey  1.40

Soyuncu  1.32

Vestergaard  1.20

Fofana  0.75

Looks very different when you do average goals against per game played (21/22)

Fofana  1

Evans  1.4

Amartey  1.52

Soyuncu  1.57

Vestergaard  2.1

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I've asked 2 questions in this thread, and I'm still waiting on answers.

1. Who we bringing in to play the role he does when we don't have an injury crisis? Who can we get that would be better but happy to play the role he does of not even making the squad most weeks when everyone is fit?

2. Can someone list these glaring mistakes he's made on a regular occurrence? I'm sure he's made the odd one, most players have. But for him to be a worry it had to be most games surely? But its not is it. So can someone run me through all these horrendous errors he's making?

People still like showing Meat back in to a well gnawed crowd  out bone...

Plus I Dong see him has a fourth choice. If others are fit & in form, for the Backline he his easy 1St cover, & at least Place on  the bench and will see in a season a

including game time from the bench 20+ games, in a 2 cup competitions decent runs season..

I would prefer he plays more from FB/DM positions but he fits as sub/rotation player as CB...

The OTT analyse of Dan & others on their errors , mishaps are quite pathetic, or probably just that travesity of Nature of the beast, what is football-forums..

I dont necessary disagree with @Col city fan on his occasional observations on Dan, But it just seem too much of an Obsession & is carried too far..

One point he and others miss, Dan has cost us less points/goals than the more favourable , good on the Eye & well opinioned players..

The difference is, Vardy,Evans,Justin,Ricardo roll off some, ( not all Posters)  ,thoughts a lot easier...In fact according to this forum over the years,

We wouldn have a Team /manager to Pull out  & select...The ground staff & Char-lady would be First choice...

Because of a bum  & quite frustrating season, because of the various mitigating circumstances,

some fans go too deep in their analyse and will expand their

DNA Blame cells into hypo-drive..

Tombstone seems to always need that Lynch mob,

all who are really quite nice people, on the queens Birthday & Skeggy holidays..

Edited by fuchsntf

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Fofana  1

Evans  1.4

Amartey  1.52

Soyuncu  1.57

Vestergaard  2.1

Wow…. This is really interesting …. Fofana the fewest goals per game and yet the fewest points … it’s a really counter-intuitive stat!

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Fofana  1

Evans  1.4

Amartey  1.52

Soyuncu  1.57

Vestergaard  2.1

Where did you get those from? I’m genuinely curious. Fbref, where I usually go for stats, has it as Goals conceded per 90 at:

Fofana 1

Evans 1.61

Amartey 1.76

Soyuncu 1.59

Vestergaard 2.54

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Where did you get those from? I’m genuinely curious. Fbref, where I usually go for stats, has it as Goals conceded per 90 at:

Fofana 1

Evans 1.61

Amartey 1.76

Soyuncu 1.59

Vestergaard 2.54

PL only? 

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Yep.

Mine was quick manual dirty count on fixtures, game played and goals conceded 

Your stats would account for if the had been sub on or off when the goals went in.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

Wow…. This is really interesting …. Fofana the fewest goals per game and yet the fewest points … it’s a really counter-intuitive stat!

That's all on BR. We got our first choice defenders back...yet somehow, instead of using that reassurance as a springboard to take the game to the opposition, we became even more cautious.

In no way is Amartey as good as Fofana, Evans or even Soyuncu. To suggest that would be madness. But the notion that our 4th choice centreback is somehow holding the club back is nonsense.

• Like 4

I think it’s more that it’s just such a small sample size of 4 games from Fofana that you can’t really read much into it. Fofana clearly has improved our defence via the eye test though.

I can see both sides of the debate with Amartey. On one hand I think he’s obviously only supposed to be 4th choice, 5th choice of Vestergaard wasn’t so bad, and probably would’ve only made 4 or 5 appearances in a normal season. And he’s fine for that role.

On the other hand though people were genuinely going over the top with their praise of him earlier in the season and I do think we often measure players against their base level and forget that we are doing so. Like Vardy didn’t win POTY in seasons where he was clearly head and shoulders above everyone else largely because we’ve become numb to his genius. And we often are quick to rate new players or players who were previously a bit crap performing pretty well, who we even don’t have a baseline yet for or see their baseline moving, much higher.

Remember  Steve Howard winning POTY over Fryatt in League One, largely because he was slaughtered in our relegation season and then was actually very good in the level below. Kisnorbo won it one year for something similar. Fans seem to like “boo boys come good” or players who are triers and are originally not thought much of but win fans round to the point where it often swings the other way and they start to become overpraised.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

On 14/05/2022 at 07:52, Phenom said:

He’s a solid 4th choice CB. Nothing wrong with that. 

He’s a solid fourth choice centre back in a mid table team.

All I’ve been hearing for about 3 months is how we should sack Brendan Rodgers because he’s failed to qualify for Europe.

I’m not saying it’s you personally, but a lot of people on here like the idea of retaining Amartey and want Rodgers gone and  you can’t have it both ways.

On 14/05/2022 at 16:30, Sampson said:

I think it’s more that it’s just such a small sample size of 4 games from Fofana that you can’t really read much into it. Fofana clearly has improved our defence via the eye test though.

I can see both sides of the debate with Amartey. On one hand I think he’s obviously only supposed to be 4th choice, 5th choice of Vestergaard wasn’t so bad, and probably would’ve only made 4 or 5 appearances in a normal season. And he’s fine for that role.

On the other hand though people were genuinely going over the top with their praise of him earlier in the season and I do think we often measure players against their base level and forget that we are doing so. Like Vardy didn’t win POTY in seasons where he was clearly head and shoulders above everyone else largely because we’ve become numb to his genius. And we often are quick to rate new players or players who were previously a bit crap performing pretty well, who we even don’t have a baseline yet for or see their baseline moving, much higher.

Remember  Steve Howard winning POTY over Fryatt in League One, largely because he was slaughtered in our relegation season and then was actually very good in the level below. Kisnorbo won it one year for something similar. Fans seem to like “boo boys come good” or players who are triers and are originally not thought much of but win fans round to the point where it often swings the other way and they start to become overpraised.

The Steve Howard example doesn't really work, firstly because he was exceptional that season and was deserving of every bit of praise he received, so putting him in a catergory of over praised players is harsh. Secondly if it was that simple, Fryatt was just as bad as Howard prior to that campaign, so I imagine if Fryatt had won it you'd be using him as the over praised example instead.

For what its worth I don't actually think either were over praised.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

On 14/05/2022 at 16:30, Sampson said:

Remember  Steve Howard winning POTY over Fryatt in League One, largely because he was slaughtered in our relegation season and then was actually very good in the level below.

Surely this has no weight when Fryatt himself wasn't pulling up any trees in our relegation season? He was largely cast off as being bang average and daubed with the sicknote brush? I get your point but this is a terrible comparison.

• 2 months later...