Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

I don’t think he was that bad today. For most of the game he was excellent. People will point to the two goals but someone doesn’t have to be at blame for every goal conceded. The first one was good play by Brentford and there’s no guarantee the anyone else would have prevented it. The second one I have two observations. First Fofanas error giving the ball away (but he’s not trendy to criticise) and secondly it was on the side of the pitch where KDH was before he was take off so there was no one in front of amartey to pressurise. Amartey could perhaps of got tighter quicker but they he also risks being beaten and the defence being more exposed. The second goal was also a really great finish which most of the time wouldn’t happen from that position.

I just think it’s too simplistic to blame amartey. A lot of people seem to love to have a go at him but then won’t criticise players like Fofana who I thought was pretty average today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Kopfkino

I don’t understand how shit he has to be for him to drop back below Soyuncu in the pecking order. Seems like Soyuncu at Tottenham has basically finished him here in Brendan’s mind.

The first goal today is beyond comprehension. He can see along the line, he can see Toney drift offside and he decides to go with him despite having no chance to get right side of him. And the second one, I can’t excuse any player not putting pressure on the ball in that situation.

Just now, peach0000 said:

I don’t think he was that bad today. For most of the game he was excellent. People will point to the two goals but someone doesn’t have to be at blame for every goal conceded. The first one was good play by Brentford and there’s no guarantee the anyone else would have prevented it. The second one I have two observations. First Fofanas error giving the ball away (but he’s not trendy to criticise) and secondly it was on the side of the pitch where KDH was before he was take off so there was no one in front of amartey to pressurise. Amartey could perhaps of got tighter quicker but they he also risks being beaten and the defence being more exposed. The second goal was also a really great finish which most of the time wouldn’t happen from that position.

I just think it’s too simplistic to blame amartey. A lot of people seem to love to have a go at him but then won’t criticise players like Fofana who I thought was pretty average today.

It’s the case with him though. He’s a decent enough 95% of the time. What you’d expect from a back up centre back but he will

make an error. Showing a player on his strongest foot (which was easy to remember given he come and took set pieces) shows his game intelligence is low

If you choosing that player over adequate alternatives, I’m baffled 

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

Unfortunately @peach0000 he costs us goals time and time again. He should have done a lot better for both. 

An average Soyuncu is better than a good Amartey, so no idea what Cags has done. 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s the case with him though. He’s a decent enough 95% of the time. What you’d expect from a back up centre back but he will

make an error. Showing a player on his strongest foot (which was easy to remember given he come and took set pieces) shows his game intelligence is low

If you choosing that player over adequate alternatives, I’m baffled 

I don’t see the adequate alternatives personally. I trust soyuncu even less he’s a complete liability for me. Vestergaard the less said about him the better. I think 3 at the back is the only option without Barnes so I’m struggling a little to see a better option than amartey. The only one maybe is Justin playing there and Thomas coming in at LWB but I think then that weakens the wing back position which is too crucial in that formation 

Guest Col city fan
6 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

I don’t understand how shit he has to be for him to drop back below Soyuncu in the pecking order. Seems like Soyuncu at Tottenham has basically finished him here in Brendan’s mind.

The first goal today is beyond comprehension. He can see along the line, he can see Toney drift offside and he decides to go with him despite having no chance to get right side of him. And the second one, I can’t excuse any player not putting pressure on the ball in that situation.

As someone said in the match thread (Babs) it probably indicates Cags is off.

No way do you, or should you, start Amartey over Soyuncu in a three

9 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Fofana was brilliant Amartey was awful. Dear god 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

As someone said in the match thread (Babs) it probably indicates Cags is off.

No way do you, or should you, start Amartey over Soyuncu in a three

Reality is that both need to go (for different reasons). 

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Sly said:

Reality is that both need to go (for different reasons). 

No-one wants them mate. Would you take Amartey on his wages? 

1 minute ago, TMELcfc said:

Fofana was brilliant Amartey was awful. Dear god 

I just don’t see it in that game. Don’t get me wrong Fofana is a wonderful footballer but it was one of the more average games he’s had for me. Nothing to worry about he was still perfectly fine. I do think he was more at fault for the second goal though. 

The two reasons we drew that game was the substitution (bizarre to say the least) but even before that we seemed to change the way we were playing when we went two up. We stopped pressing and sat back. We do that a lot and it always seems to end badly. 

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

I just don’t see it in that game. Don’t get me wrong Fofana is a wonderful footballer but it was one of the more average games he’s had for me. Nothing to worry about he was still perfectly fine. I do think he was more at fault for the second goal though. 

The two reasons we drew that game was the substitution (bizarre to say the least) but even before that we seemed to change the way we were playing when we went two up. We stopped pressing and sat back. We do that a lot and it always seems to end badly. 

I don't dispute there were plenty of other reasons we lost that game, Brendan being the main reason, but Amartey is way off premier league level. 

Being realistic though, he’s no of the required standard we apsire to in the Premier league. 

We’ve all seen enough of him to establish this. I’d honestly rather have Vestergaard playing, as he doesn’t have these moments of stupidity in him.