Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

Guest Col city fan
Just now, pmcla26 said:

After last season, surely everyone should have realised that he isn’t, and won’t ever be, good enough? 

Read through this thread. It would appear not 

Even tho he is braindead donkey on the field, somehow still managed to run down contract in the top tier championship, build a bright future in life and have a status of a fan favorite tier 2 player

well done Daniel 

Edited by tsintskaro

What was he doing for their second goal? I absolutely have no clue why he isn’t closing Dasilva down, it’s so basic. Block the sight of goal, get your body in the way, just do something - you’re taught this at about six years old. 

• Like 2

Everytime he plays on the left of defence he's poor.

Apart from Fofana he's probably the best physical defender we have though. Both Cags and Evans have struggled in the past against big number 9s like Toney. That's the only reason I can see for him being played ahead of cags.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hales said:

Why exactly is he playing ahead of cags???

Because Cags concedes both of those chances today aswell tbf. Pulled out a challenge at Spurs and that showed all we need to know. 

3 minutes ago, ts_1010 said:

Apart from Fofana he's probably the best physical defender we have though. Both Cags and Evans have struggled in the past against big number 9s like Toney. That's the only reason I can see for him being played ahead of cags.

It’s fine being a physical defender, but if you can’t read the game and have a general lack of ability to do the basics then he’ll cost us points. 

He’s probably a nice guy to have around, but the reality is that he isn’t good enough. He somehow has become a cult hero here which probably masks how poor he actually is, I really hope he doesn’t start much this season.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

Just now, peterborofox said:

Can't fault his attitude, but he's not good enough to be starting games for us. 

I don't think he'd get in a mid table prem team, possibly bottom six. 

Too often at fault for goals

I’d also fault his attitude. For the first its a mistake they happen but for the second he put absolutely 0 pressure on the player and actually ended up pulling out in the end. Thats a poor attitude to me, not exactly busting a gut to defend his goal. He was shirking responsibility. 

3 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Can't fault his attitude, but he's not good enough to be starting games for us. 

I don't think he'd get in a mid table prem team, possibly bottom six. 

Too often at fault for goals

We are a bottom 6 side ;)

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, KFS said:

Because Cags concedes both of those chances today aswell tbf. Pulled out a challenge at Spurs and that showed all we need to know. 

Comparing Cags to Amartey is like chewing a salt covered chocolate bar.

Just seen their equaliser. 

Backs off and backs off, giving their player all the time he needs, and then shows him on his stronger foot. Shocking defending. 

Wherever he was positioned in the backline, that is awful.

He just isn't proactive or intelligent enough as a footballer. Surely Rodgers can see this now? 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Backs off and backs off, giving their player all the time he needs, and then shows him on his stronger foot. Shocking defending. 

He just isn't proactive or intelligent enough as a footballer. Surely Rodgers can see this now? 

Even more strange that you’d deliberately go 3 atb and play him when you could have played 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 diamond ……. both narrow because no wingers 

their first goal was shocking by him too - step up and play him off - toney is wrong side in front of him so it’s easy to do it to rectify his error being wrong side. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Rodgers can see it, but he’s fallen out with Soyuncu and thrown his toys out the pram because the board haven’t backed him in the transfer market 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ts_1010 said:

This for me is the issue. Why he's on the left side of the three is baffling! Surely it should have been DA - WF - JE  ?

15 hours ago, Hales said:

Why exactly is he playing ahead of cags???

Sorry if i sound like a broken record, but Soyuncu has proven time and time again he struggles playing in a back three. He's really good in a flat back four, but three - no, just no.

• Like 1

As much as I like him as a character and person, he's not good enough. Two of his mistakes cost us 2 points. If he's more disciplined in keeping his line, Brentford definitely don't score their first, if he's more confident and aggressive in closing down, they might not score their second.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Look at these screenshots straight away, you'll see the rest of the defence has pushed up, Evans is in the process of it right then. Yet Amartey is dropping back.

Then the other goal, he's backed off. Ndidi and Evans should handle the runner better and We'd have 2 easily able to close down and block that run. 

Poor defending, with Amartey central to both. 

Screenshot_2022-08-07-18-41-57-39_ea4ea031cb5eb6b8440c8c8aba9a7ed2.thumb.jpg.44a1a3e5458e59a3c7063b58aefccd58.jpg

Screenshot_2022-08-07-18-40-14-98_ea4ea031cb5eb6b8440c8c8aba9a7ed2.thumb.jpg.3558a7c385466d3c829c1d2e8d7725c3.jpgScreenshot_2022-08-07-18-41-56-36_ea4ea031cb5eb6b8440c8c8aba9a7ed2.thumb.jpg.69c42477a514a6c0631cb89688df1e7c.jpg

• Like 3