Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

19 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Liability, dont care about the feel-good hysteria and sentimental side of things with him, get him out

Time and time again when we simply don't have other options and have to fall back on him he disappoints and we seemingly never learn

We learn. Rodgers doesn't. If he starts v Arsenal I dread to contemplate the outcome.

Edited by Fazzer 7
  • Sad 2

Despite being at fault largely for both goals I don’t get why he was played the left of the 3, I’ve never seen him play there before and clearly us no left foot! Guess Rogers wanted Evans centrally or I’d of put him left of 3 with fofana central and Dan right of the 3. 

12 hours ago, jim5000 said:

Rodgers can see it, but he’s fallen out with Soyuncu and thrown his toys out the pram because the board haven’t backed him in the transfer market 

It's Rodgers misuse of Soyuncu that is arguably responsible for his loss of form last season. He's repeating the mistake by playing Armarty on the extreme left of a 3 also. It's more square pegs in round holes again to prop up Rodgers limited tactical nous.

• Like 1

As I have said previously, you can't train an improvement in intelligence.  He isn't an intelligent player and is always moments away from a mistake that invariably costs us.  As was the case yesterday.

Soyuncu should be starting ahead of him.  He's also error prone but is better at digging himself out of a hole with his pace.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, westernpark said:

People have short memories, he served us well last season. He’s fine as a back up player and nothing else.

He tried hard in a poor defence.  I have defended Amartey many times but have come to the conclusion that he is not good enough.. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Trying to be at least a little objective… I think Amartey suffers from playing under Rodgers.

Dan will buckle when the team is put on the back foot. 
He’s a ‘nervous’ player. When playing in a side controlling a match, going forward and looking solid, he’ll be ok. But when that control becomes lost, he panics. You could see it yesterday and I was shouting at the screen to get him off the pitch.

Playing for Rodgers, who so, fookin, consistently tries to preserve leads by making tactical changes when they are completely uneccessary, we lose control of games. And this adversely affects Amartey. He’s not confident enough to quickly regain his composure when the team gets put under pressure.

Amartey and Rodgers are not a good ‘fit’ in this respect. I’m sure if Dan did move to a slower paced way of football, in a team who were doing better in their respective league, he’d look ok.

Edited by Col city fan

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Trying to be at least a little objective… I think Amartey suffers from playing under Rodgers.

Just like Tielemans, Dan will buckle when the team is put on the back foot. 
He’s a ‘nervous’ player. When playing in a side controlling a match, going forward and looking solid, he’ll be ok. But when that control becomes lost, he panics. You could see it yesterday and I was shouting at the screen to get him off the pitch.

Playing for Rodgers, who so, fookin, consistently tries to preserve leads by making tactical changes when they are completely uneccessary, we lose control of games. And this adversely affects Amartey. He’s not confident enough to quickly regain his composure when the team gets put under pressure.

Amartey and Rodgers are not a good ‘fit’ in this respect. I’m sure if Dan did move to a slower paced way of football, in a team who were doing better in their respective league, he’d look ok.

Jack Charlton used to say if you are winning then dont change anything 

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Maddison just as guilty for the first tbf. Way too soft. 

Agreed mate, as soon as he dangled his foot in and didn't go with his head we lost the ball and were in trouble. 

Probably don't concede that if he wins it in midfield, butterfly effect and all that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, westernpark said:

People have short memories, he served us well last season. He’s fine as a back up player and nothing else.

He was next to awful last season as well. 

5 minutes ago, Sly said:

He was next to awful last season as well. 

He wasn't though was he.

58 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Dan will buckle when the team is put on the back foot. 

This is the issue, as 4th choice we would ideally only use him against the smaller sides where we expect to dominate and fancy giving the starters a rest. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
6 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

He wasn't though was he.

This is the issue, as 4th choice we would ideally only use him against the smaller sides where we expect to dominate and fancy giving the starters a rest. 

Where the Hell do you keep getting this 4th choice nonsense from? It’s your only argument and it’s barmy. 

many of you have made good points based on accurate assessments. It’s fair to say we all like big Dan as a person and team player he has served us well do doubt BUT his time with us has expired. Playing him now just looks and feels desperate. Yesterday he was a symptom of a bigger problem unraveling.

We were dominating first half but we could not adjust to the changes brentford made. This was all happening relatively quickly and pressure was mounting.

All in all the manager has to take a large portion of the blame. After last season I thought the team would have developed a fail safe trigger switch in the event of us looking like we are about to lose our lead from a winning position. The warnings were:

Def con 1: brentford creates chances 

Def con 2: brentford get a goal 2-1

Def con 3: brentford level 2-2

Had we not run out of time we were in danger of losing this game. The team needs to go into a mental state of overdrive once we go a goal down! Especially after dominating for more than half of the game. There is too much malaise. Evans is the captain now and should act like the canary in the coal mine. Screaming and organizing his players to make sure they are 100% focused to prevent mistakes.

this was just our 1st game so will we see a change of attitude/tactics/performance?

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

It could be argued that Ndidi at his best would not have left Amartey exposed. The days of Wilf blotting out threat seem to have gone. 

I was thinking this….is he physically shot?

He hasn’t been the beast version of himself for over a year has he?

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yep. Sherked a tackle in the middle of the park in the build up.

Fofana was equally to blame, the ball he played out from the back to Maddison was shocking, instead of playing it to his feet he passed it too far & left him in 50/50 which he lost. Has Brentford were celebrating Maddison gestured to Fofana & pointed to his feet, as if to say " that's where you should have passed". It wasn't the first time a Fofana pass had led to a chance, he did it not long after we'd gone 2 up , but got away with it.

Guest Col city fan

Was there not a very similar situation, just prior to their second goal, where one of our players failed to stop a cross coming in that their striker (Toney) should have buried? I’ll paste the highlights link again. 

Edited by Col city fan

Along with many of us on here, I like Amarty. However, surely it is obvious that he is not good enough for a  team aspiring to finish in the top 6. Far too often his weaknesses are exposed. The game against Brentford is simply an example of his inability to think fast enough. On the first goal, he is behind the attacker several yards goal-side of the nearest other defender and can easily see across the line). It is absolutely obvious that, if he steps out a yard or two, the attacker is bound to be offside. Instead tries to close in, plays him on and is still too far behind when the ball arrives, with no chance to succeed on a tackle. The second goal clearly came from midfield weakness, but just allowing a guy with a great left foot shot to drift into a perfect position and let him shoot is nothing short of bizarre.

Just to add another criticism, he generally panics when put under slight pressure and falls into the “pass it to someone else, even if they are under more pressure than me” response. If you don’t believe me, just keep an eye out for it in his next game.

As I said, I like the guy, but he is simply not good enough.

We have several decent midfielders and Praet did well pre-season, so a back four coupled with a strong midfield would have been my choice, before playing Amarty out of position on the left if a back three…..but what do I know? Hahaha.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Was there not a very similar situation, just prior to their second goal, where one of our players failed to stop a cross coming in that their striker (Toney) should have buried? I’ll paste the highlights link again. 

It's pretty clear he's left footed yet that cut inside got the better of Evans, Amartey and Ndidi combined.