Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

He shouldn't be playing LCB, he's always been on the right. Toney's goal showed it up perfectly.

Amartey is good at very specific things, and poor at others. It looks like we were set up to fail yesterday.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

He wasn't though was he.

He cost us goals last year. I get we had an injury crisis. Back up or not, he’s a liability and a bomb scare on the ball. If we want to be better, we need better players. 

Not showing people onto their strong foot and allowing them space to shoot is something players are taught at a young age. Backing off at the edge of the box is criminal. 

It’ll be this daft mess that gets Rodgers the sack. 

I’m not exactly sure on this professionalism line people trot out. The club literally had to apologise for his antics on social media after the FA Cup final. 

He needs binning off. Unfortunately we’re stuck with him for another 12 months, as no one in their right mind would pay him what we are. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

This for me is the issue. Why he's on the left side of the three is baffling! Surely it should have been DA - WF - JE  ?

Sorry if i sound like a broken record, but Soyuncu has proven time and time again he struggles playing in a back three. He's really good in a flat back four, but three - no, just no.

BR, and most other managers to be fair, prefer to put the slowest CB and if possible best communicator in the middle. If the wing backs get caught up the field a slow cb would be exposed by a winger/striker out wide.

I would argue that amartey can only really operate on the right of a back 2 or 3. He's one of those players that is physically perfect just lacking in natural instinct and mental side of being a defender.

What makes players like JJ and Fof so exciting is they clearly possess both. I would have been happier with either cags or JJ on that side of the back 3 with Thomas coming in as wingback. 

Interestingly Matt Piper questioned Evans role in the first goal, and was politely unhappy with BR and the subs issue.

No one would say Dan didn't make mistakes, but I blame Brendan for this one primarily. I thought it was very poor judgement to leave a tiring Youri and Wilf to fight against a 3, shades of most of last season.

• Like 2

Amartey is actually a decent passer of the ball between the lines, he is certainly not a liability when in possession. He was at fault for the first goal yesterday, but he played ahead of Soyuncu because he was better than him last season. 

• Like 3

We all like big Dan, seems a great character, always gives his all and stepped up when needed last season.

But there’s no way he should be a starting centre back for us. Soyuncu a much better option at lcb

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sly said:

He cost us goals last year. I get we had an injury crisis. Back up or not, he’s a liability and a bomb scare on the ball. If we want to be better, we need better players. 

Not showing people onto their strong foot and allowing them space to shoot is something players are taught at a young age. Backing off at the edge of the box is criminal. 

It’ll be this daft mess that gets Rodgers the sack. 

I’m not exactly sure on this professionalism line people trot out. The club literally had to apologise for his antics on social media after the FA Cup final. 

He needs binning off. Unfortunately we’re stuck with him for another 12 months, as no one in their right mind would pay him what we are. 

Others cost us goals as well though? As I've told Col numerous times if we could replace him with an option who is as happy to do what he does, is an improvement on him, good to have around the club and won't cost us stupid money then go for it.

51 minutes ago, I am an Ostrich said:

Everyone can see that big dan is the best left sided c/b option we have. Anyone who cant see that must be very very silly or been on holiday for 6 months or you must be an ostrich, you all must have your heads in the sand, have you, have you all got your heads in the sand??

are you flexible enough to get your head in the sand?

Guest Col city fan

😂

I can, you can’t…

WTF was Nige on that day?

😂

Edited by Col city fan

1 hour ago, I am an Ostrich said:

Everyone can see that big dan is the best left sided c/b option we have. Anyone who cant see that must be very very silly or been on holiday for 6 months or you must be an ostrich, you all must have your heads in the sand, have you, have you all got your heads in the sand??

Spot on 

Guest Col city fan
10 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I like Amartey, think he gets a raw deal from some of our fans. Says more about Brendan playing him that it does about big dan. 

If that’s what you genuinely think Una then I think you must be an Emu.

Or a Cassowary.

Are you a Cassowary? Can you charge across an open plain at 30 miles an hour?

👍

3D18A1D7-19A1-4EE3-9DB0-83D38380282A.jpeg

Edited by Col city fan

First goal is piss poor individually, his body shape is all wrong but there's a communication failure as Evans pushes up to play their forwards off side. The initial ball in is too easy due to the lack of pressure on the ball carrier.

The second goal he should close Da Silva down quicker but something is obviously awry when our CB is isolated against the opposition RCM - it's like something from the NFL with the amount of space they have initially 1 v1.

Both goals were down stream from playing 3 at the back, to some extent we're forced into it but the way we sets up makes it difficult to press the opposition FBs, given our aerial/physical frailties it costs us severely. If Soyuncu or any other centre back played they'd have struggled in the same situations.

10 hours ago, Jaspa said:

He shouldn't be playing LCB, he's always been on the right. Toney's goal showed it up perfectly.

Amartey is good at very specific things, and poor at others. It looks like we were set up to fail yesterday.

Let's hope it's a one off. Rodgers did enough damage to Soyuncu by continually hanging him out to dry on the left. 

7 hours ago, LVocey said:

We all like big Dan, seems a great character, always gives his all and stepped up when needed last season.

But there’s no way he should be a starting centre back for us. Soyuncu a much better option at lcb

Neither of them are good on the extreme left of a 3 and that's the main point. I doubt Fofana would be any better there either. All down to Rodgers yet again but of course, it's then the players that make mistakes, get the blame and lose confidence. Meanwhile, Mr Golden Teflon Bollocks gets away with it because he's elite you know and gets paid accordingly, so it must be true. 

Guest Col city fan
4 hours ago, Viktor-LCFC said:

Amartey not a premier league footballer an would struggle to get a game for most championship sides, but here he is a midfielder so uncomfortable on the ball, playing in a back 3 for a top 8 club in th PL is shocking.

Now don’t hold back son. Tell it as you see it

👍

Guest Col city fan
30 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Let it go Col, you're never going to meet him

Who Viktor? Yeah, doubt it 

Guest Col city fan
38 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Big Dan

Tom have you any idea what irony is?

And there’s been loads of posts on this thread recently! Stop replying to mine nearly exclusively I am NOT going out for a beer with you!

There, I’ve said it…

:D