Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

51 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Tom have you any idea what irony is?

And there’s been loads of posts on this thread recently! Stop replying to mine nearly exclusively I am NOT going out for a beer with you!

There, I’ve said it…

:D

I did wonder why you hadn't replied to my direct invite 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Let's hope it's a one off. Rodgers did enough damage to Soyuncu by continually hanging him out to dry on the left. 

I guess another way of looking at that is Soyuncu turned out to be a much more limited player than we thought.  I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a Premier League centre back to be able to play in a three and a four.  

1 hour ago, Winchesterfox said:

I guess another way of looking at that is Soyuncu turned out to be a much more limited player than we thought.  I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a Premier League centre back to be able to play in a three and a four.  

Indeed....

Brendan: "Cags, I'd like you to play 6 or 7 metres further left."

Soyuncu: (sharp intake of breath) "Bilmiyorum..." Translation - I don't know

5 hours ago, Winchesterfox said:

Your'e not a footballer though are you. 

Love him or hate him, John Terry was a very decent centre half. He eloquently described, better than I can, how at the very top level, for him, even just moving over one place from left to right centre half caused him great problems. He described how he would have a particular vision in front of him of, at that level, how the game unfolded and just that sort of what to others is just a  little change, could effect him greatly, although he could do a job, he never thought he could be at his best.

Now look at the naturally right footed Soyuncu who initially for Turkey played on the right of a two but also adapted well on the left of a two for us alongside the experienced Evans. Now move that right footed player further out to the left of a 3 where he also has to contend with left back duties in an unfamiliar area, sometimes against faster wingers on his wrong foot and it's easy to why he might not be able to do it. Would Fofana or Evans?

It's all very well saying that as a professional 'they should be able to do it ' but that's just punters talk and not a professionals view point. Terry expanded upon that to say that many midfielders are exactly the same.

Soyuncu lost confidence and made mistakes and you could visibly see his frustration. Ricardo is not a right winger and when Rodgers has tried him there you can visibly see his frustration too.

When needs must, it has to be and players have to just do their best. However, don't be surprised or get on their backs if their performances aren't up to their usual par, they are probably well aware of it too.

However, under Rodgers, notwithstanding injuries  'needs must' hasn't occurred very often. It's usually because despite of his player capabilites, he'd sooner play a system he wants rather than a system he has the best players for. Brentford was a shining example. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Your'e not a footballer though are you. 

Love him or hate him, John Terry was a very decent centre half. He eloquently described, better than I can, how at the very top level, for him, even just moving over one place from left to right centre half caused him great problems. He described how he would have a particular vision in front of him of, at that level, how the game unfolded and just that sort of what to others is just a  little change, could effect him greatly, although he could do a job, he never thought he could be at his best.

Now look at the naturally right footed Soyuncu who initially for Turkey played on the right of a two but also adapted well on the left of a two for us alongside the experienced Evans. Now move that right footed player further out to the left of a 3 where he also has to contend with left back duties in an unfamiliar area, sometimes against faster wingers on his wrong foot and it's easy to why he might not be able to do it. Would Fofana or Evans?

It's all very well saying that as a professional 'they should be able to do it ' but that's just punters talk and not a professionals view point. Terry expanded upon that to say that many midfielders are exactly the same.

Soyuncu lost confidence and made mistakes and you could visibly see his frustration. Ricardo is not a right winger and when Rodgers has tried him there you can visibly see his frustration too.

When needs must, it has to be and players have to just do their best. However, don't be surprised or get on their backs if their performances aren't up to their usual par, they are probably well aware of it too.

However, under Rodgers, notwithstanding injuries  'needs must' hasn't occurred very often. It's usually because despite of his player capabilites, he'd sooner play a system he wants rather than a system he has the best players for. Brentford was a shining example. 

Last season Soyuncu played 28 times, and only five of them were on the left of a three,  He still made fairly regular mistakes.  So I just don't buy the argument that Rodgers was continually hanging him out to dry.  Most of it was down to him. 

13 minutes ago, Winchesterfox said:

Last season Soyuncu played 28 times, and only five of them were on the left of a three,  He still made fairly regular mistakes.  So I just don't buy the argument that Rodgers was continually hanging him out to dry.  Most of it was down to him. 

He was also the current scapegoat on here. His few mistakes were readily noticeable because of his position. Meanwhile, Tielemans was consistently giving the ball to the opposition (making mistakes) but, because he was a fans favourite, he wasn't given anywhere near the same treatment at first. Some were even finding reasons like he must have been trying a special mind blowing pass type excuse rather than say he was playing crap. Soyuncu was in and out of the side and his confidence was shot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Just play 4 at the back.

Well I'd do that anyway, regardless of the personal in the defence, I really don't think the back 3 suits us. We look toothless in attack when we use it, Ndidi looks lost and it takes away his best assets and asks him to do what he's not good at. He looked much better when we went to 4.

Edited by Facecloth

27 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This fookin thread… 

😂

He was better than Fofana and Evans today is the fact that needs stating. Didn’t make any mistakes and was one of the few if only Leicester players that had a better game than the Arse player they were up against (Saka.) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

He was better than Fofana and Evans today is the fact that needs stating. Didn’t make any mistakes and was one of the few if only Leicester players that had a better game than the Arse player they were up against (Saka.) 

Did you not see the 2nd ****ing goal? 

The man has been at fault for 3 of 6 goals we have conceded. He is a liability.

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

What about the others that weren't? 

What about the others what? If he was anywhere near to make a challenge at the back post where he was meant to be then that is half acceptable. Reality is he was in no man's land yet again.

Not even a debate.