Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

What I don’t get, is the defence that he’s a utility player and a good professional. 

He’s only a utility player, he’s he’s not good enough to nail down a spot anywhere in our team. We signed him as a midfielder and he couldn’t cut it.

He’s then been shoehorned into defence and it’s clearly a position that he’s not spent a lifetime learning, as he plays like a youth player at times, learning his trade. 

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

This makes me smile. 

You half think …. What’s Soyuncu doing. You’re also half thinking, how on Earth has Yannick done that. 

Put him on the RW. All our problems solved 😂

• Haha 1

Amartey perfectly encapsulates the fragile mentality of our squad.

Before we scored, he was mostly having a solid game.

Soon as we scored and Southampton come out to have a go at us, he starts panicking on the ball, missing tackles and interceptions and generally looking sub par.

Söyüncü must surely be feeling aggrieved at not getting a game.

Guest Col city fan
4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Blame the manager for picking him not the 5th choice cb performing like a 5th choice cb. 

5th choice!

Blimey it’s going up! Last week I thought he was meant to be 4th choice?! Any advance on 5th… ?

Keown pretty scathing of Big Dan on MOTD… ‘I’m not even sure he’s a proper CB’

This club is in a mess…

22 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

5th choice!

Blimey it’s going up! Last week I thought he was meant to be 4th choice?! Any advance on 5th… ?

This club is in a mess…

Huh :blink:

• Like 1

Looked clumsy once again based on the highlights. 

Why is he not marking Adams for the 2nd goal? Should Castagne be calling him over, as he has to worry about the player at the back post? He just constantly looks like he doesn't know where to be and just lost and confused, therefore reacts far too late. 

Guest Col city fan
4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Looked clumsy once again based on the highlights. 

Why is he not marking Adams for the 2nd goal? Should Castagne be calling him over, as he has to worry about the player at the back post? He just constantly looks like he doesn't know where to be and just lost and confused, therefore reacts far too late. 

I’m guessing this is exactly why Keown said what he said on MOTD.

You can’t teach positioning really. Like a good striker will have movement to be able to get away from a defender, so a good defender instinctively knows where to position himself.

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

5th choice!

This club is in a mess…

If Jannik wasn't utter muck, then for most he would be 5th choice. We're unfortunately in a circumstance where others also haven't performed or Rodgers won't pick them, so at the moment Dan is a lot higher in the pecking order then he should be

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

You can’t teach positioning really. Like a good striker will have movement to be able to get away from a defender, so a good defender instinctively knows where to position himself.

High press, Ndidi not at the races , no proper cover . It's no wonder Dan (and Jonny) were all over the place at the end of the match. I am sick and tired of this sub- Man. City or joke Barcelona way of playing .We ain't got the brains or skill to do it.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Therefore a good defender he is not. Also wasteful in possession. At least once or twice a game he'll lose it or the ball goes under his feet even when there's no pressure. 

Also, you can teach positioning. Literally all you need to be taught is 'don't let your striker see your number on your back'. That's positioning. Knowing where the striker you're marking is. It can be taught. 

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

If Jannik wasn't utter muck, then for most he would be 5th choice. We're unfortunately in a circumstance where others also haven't performed or Rodgers won't pick them, so at the moment Dan is a lot higher in the pecking order then he should be

Yes I do agree. For the record, as you know, I really wanted Dan to have a stormer yesterday and, until the slip about mid way through the first half, he looked good.

As I’ve said before, and someone else said above, the big problem with Amartey is that he just panics when the team is put under pressure. His head goes. He charges about like a mad thing and loses his composure. 
You can’t do that at this level. You’ll be punished. And we see this time over.

That’s why I believe he’s playing above his level. If he did this in the Championship, for instance, he’d get away with it. In the Premiership, he doesn’t.

Big Dan, I didn’t go to the Arsenal game, but the 2 home games we’ve had he’s been diabolical. Game changing contributions (negatively) against Brentford and what a shambolic performance yesterday. Has zero confidence and his performances are at a level where he cannot reasonably start the next league game. 

IF we let Fof go, we have to get a CB replacement in immediately to start alongside Evans.

Does anyone have Dan’s pass completion stats, I’m sure BR will be pouring over them, for passes over 10 yards in distance I think he was single digit (%) completion rate!

The Amartey ‘experiment’ has failed, it was always going to. We all know Cags limitations but he is the better option over Amartey. 

He needs to stop trying to prove a point over Spurs game  and play our  better defenders. 

Edited by lcfc043