Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

Having a look on Fbref Evans has declined this season. And has been much worse than Amartey in most defensive stats.

Screenshot_20220827-234351_Chrome.thumb.jpg.34c927883f128c8dc9185dc9fbb37699.jpg

2019/2020:

Sussessful pressure percentage: 39.9%

Perecntage of Dribblers tackled: 64.3%

Tackles per 90: 1.3

Blocks per 90: 1.44

Clearances per 90: 7.21

Interceptions: 1.04 (Had a bad season for interceptions that year every other year in the premier league he averaged 1.8 interceptions per game one of the best in the league at interceptions usually)

Compare it to this Season he is woeful now. He is half as good or worse in almost every stat this season so far compared to 2019/2020.

2022/2023:

Sussessful pressure percentage per 90: 22.2%

Perecntage of Dribblers tackled when one on one per 90: 0% (means everyone who has taken him on has got past him this year although a player only gets past him every other game statistically, this means that he is basically shiying away from opposition attackers now)

Tackles per 90: 0.33 (None of these tackles ended up winning us possesion of the ball btw)

Blocks per 90: 0.67

Clearances per 90: 3.67

Interceptions per 90: 1

Amartey has always been shit but the bigger issue is that Evans has declined hugely. Statistically this season Amartey has actually been better than Evans in all the stats mentioned above (not by much mind you) apart from interceptions where I am 90% sure Amartey is the worst starting centerback in the league at interceptions so far this seasons.

Amartey 2022/23 so far:

Sussessful pressure percentage per 90: 25%

Perecntage of Dribblers tackled when one on one per 90: 100% (This is probably due to the fact that he rarely ever pressures anyone and always just lets them get a shot off so he can get a block in)

Tackles per 90: 1.85

Blocks per 90: 1.48

Clearances per 90: 3.7

Interceptions per 90: 0.37 (one of the worst in the league

The centerbacks are dreadful but those on here that keep blaming Amartey might need to start scapegoating Evans who is the shitter of the centerbacks. (Just to be clear both are very bad but almost no one seems to be having a go at Evans on here)

Edited by Fightforever
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Was he ever bought and placed in this squad to be a starter or even necessarily a defender. I reckon he was brought in as someone who could be thrown on as last minute cover in a few varied positions. It isn’t his fault he is now needed to apparently start and he is just doing his job as best he can. It isn’t his fault if that isn’t good enough. 

He was brought in as a CDM, but over time plays as a CB exclusively now. Like others have said, he wasn't the reason we lost today. We had enough chances to hit 4/5 past Chelsea. Vardy alone had about 3 1v1s. Overall though, Cags is a better player and it doesn't matter how much Rodgers wishes it, the evidence is there to see,10 goals conceded in 4 games.

13 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Having a look on Fbref Evans has declined this season. And has been much worse than Amartey in most defensive stats.

Screenshot_20220827-234351_Chrome.thumb.jpg.34c927883f128c8dc9185dc9fbb37699.jpg

2019/2020:

Sussessful pressure percentage: 39.9%

Perecntage of Dribblers tackled: 64.3%

Tackles per 90: 1.3

Blocks per 90: 1.44

Clearances per 90: 7.21

Interceptions: 1.04 (Had a bad season for interceptions that year every other year in the premier league he averaged 1.8 interceptions per game one of the best in the league at interceptions usually)

Compare it to this Season he is woeful now. He is half as good or worse in almost every stat this season so far compared to 2019/2020.

2022/2023:

Sussessful pressure percentage per 90: 22.2%

Perecntage of Dribblers tackled when one on one per 90: 0% (means everyone who has taken him on has got past him this year although a player only gets past him every other game statistically, this means that he is basically shiying away from opposition attackers now)

Tackles per 90: 0.33 (None of these tackles ended up winning us possesion of the ball btw)

Blocks per 90: 0.67

Clearances per 90: 3.67

Interceptions per 90: 1

Amartey has always been shit but the bigger issue is that Evans has declined hugely. Statistically this season Amartey has actually been better than Evans in all the stats mentioned above (not by much mind you) apart from interceptions where I am 90% sure Amartey is the worst starting centerback in the league at interceptions so far this seasons.

Amartey 2022/23 so far:

Sussessful pressure percentage per 90: 25%

Perecntage of Dribblers tackled when one on one per 90: 100% (This is probably due to the fact that he rarely ever pressures anyone and always just lets them get a shot off so he can get a block in)

Tackles per 90: 1.85

Blocks per 90: 1.48

Clearances per 90: 3.7

Interceptions per 90: 0.37 (one of the worst in the league

The centerbacks are dreadful but those on here that keep blaming Amartey might need to start scapegoating Evans who is the shitter of the centerbacks. (Just to be clear both are very bad but almost no one seems to be having a go at Evans on here)

They're all playing awful at the minute but Evans has proven his worth as a starter before and nothing so far has suggested he couldn't get that form back with the right CB partner and management. Amartey however has never threatened to be nearly good enough to be a starting CB.

Edited by BigGibbo

24 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

They're all playing awful at the minute but Evans has proven his worth as a starter before and nothing so far has suggested he couldn't get that form back with the right CB partner and management. Amartey however has never threatened to be nearly good enough to be a starting CB.

I would argue his drop off in form started when he got that hamstring injury last season. He hasn't been the same since.

9 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

I would argue his drop off in form started when he got that hamstring injury last season. He hasn't been the same since.

Possibly, but neither has the rest of the team so we can't really tell until we are managed competently again. 

It’s utter madness he is in BR’s starting 11, whether it’s a back 4 or 5 he’s always there.

Good lad trying his best, but he shouldn’t be starting unless every alternative is injured.

We seem to ship at least 2 goals in every game he starts, it’s unsustainable for a team that

wants to remain in the division.

4 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

This is what Rodgers said about picking Amartey over Soyuncu according to Tanner:

“He was asked today. He said he sees them in training every day and bases [selection on] the consistency and mentality. He also said Soyuncu had been unsettled by the possibility of leaving.”

Hmm. Amartey is a decent passer but lacks the proactivity, aggression and speed of thought needed at the highest level for a defender. Has a major error in him every game. 

Hopefully he’s nowhere near the 1st team after transfer deadline day, at most cover for the RB position while Ricardo is injured. 

You can see him physically stutter if he has to make a forward pass. 

26 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

It’s utter madness he is in BR’s starting 11, whether it’s a back 4 or 5 he’s always there.

Good lad trying his best, but he shouldn’t be starting unless every alternative is injured.

We seem to ship at least 2 goals in every game he starts, it’s unsustainable for a team that

wants to remain in the division.

It's not like we were better with Vestergard or Soyuncu in defence last season.

In fact, we conceded less with Amartey in the side than we did without him. So while I agree that he's not good enough to be a first choice centre half - and it's likely that, when we finally fix this back line it'll be without Amartey in it - I can't go along with the suggestion that he's at the core of our problems at the back.

3 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

If that’s true that’s an incredible stat.

I reckon I've mixed my stats up. In terms of points we got 1.43 per game with him in the side, 1.27 without. That doesn't mean he improved the side, of course, it just means that we didn't come a great deal closer to finding better alternative solutions.

Like Perez, easy to moan at and blame, but he’s a player who’s played out of position for so long now, he’s probably not sure himself what’s best for him. 

Gives his best every game, we’ve a lot of players who don’t who should be put into the spotlight before him. 

He really isn’t a PL standard CB and for me as others said only makes the squad as 4th choice utility man.

Def don’t offer him a new contract.

Talking about new contracts, as others have said Evans looks a shell (saying this about a lot of our players right now Ndidi, JJ, Vardy to name a few) and doesn’t his contract run out in the summer?

Awkward time to be made captain when don’t know if you have a future at the club yourself.

We have to stop giving out contracts for sentiment….I’d say make him earn it rather than trying to appease the fans with some PR stunt next week when made no signings 😢

Edited by SafewayFox

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

He really isn’t a PL standard CB and for me as others said only makes the squad as 4th choice utility man.

Def don’t offer him a new contract.

Talking about new contracts, as others have said Evans looks a shell (saying this about a lot of our players right now Ndidi, JJ, Vardy to name a few) and doesn’t his contract run out in the summer?

Awkward time to be made captain when don’t know if you have a future at the club yourself.

We have to stop giving out contracts for sentiment….I’d say make him earn it rather than trying to appease the fans with some PR stunt next week when made no signings 😢

Yes, Evans, Amartey, and Soyuncu run out in June I believe. 

3 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Amartey is not as bad as people perceive. He really isnt.. He isn't OMG amazing but he is also not that bad. 

Its so hard when you have a perception of someone (good or bad) to then see anything else ... 

If you look at the goals we’ve conceded this season you can see how bad he’s been.

way too slow to close down shots, awkward on the ball (which in this system he has a lot of) and positionally the worst he’s ever been from what I can remember. He’s getting worse the more he plays or is it because he’s playing more you can actually see how poor he is.

3 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Amartey is not as bad as people perceive. He really isnt.. He isn't OMG amazing but he is also not that bad. 

Its so hard when you have a perception of someone (good or bad) to then see anything else ... 

I think you're clutching at straws here. He's quite frankly terrible in Premier league standards. Not sure how he has managed to get into the first team? I'd have both Cags and Vesty infront of him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Amartey, was always great player to have in the squad. A 6, sometimes a 7 out of 10, I can fill that gap kind of player. When he played in midfield we wanted him at CB. I remember him having a few awesome games at RB before he got injured. I guess he is a CB only now. 

As Rodgers says he plays at the moment due to players attitudes. It's clear Rodgers wants Soyuncu gone. Personally, I'd rather Soyuncu was in the team as he has far greater potential that Amartey but I don't think he is the long term solution either. 

I think Rodgers wanted to play 352 this year. I think he wanted Justin, Evans and Fofana as his back 3. The injury to Ricky ruined that plan. It would explain Justin's poor form at the moment as well. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, jmono84 said:

If you look at the goals we’ve conceded this season you can see how bad he’s been.

way too slow to close down shots, awkward on the ball (which in this system he has a lot of) and positionally the worst he’s ever been from what I can remember. He’s getting worse the more he plays or is it because he’s playing more you can actually see how poor he is.

Again, I think people are defending Amartey based upon sentiment.

He DOES seem a ‘nice guy’. But frankly, (and this will sound harsh), so what?

This is a Premiership football club, not the Samaritans. 
The club needs points on the board, direction and a decent position in the table. Having Amartey as a regular starter is not going to bring us that. We can all see it and it’s backed up by the statistics.

Those suggesting we should renew his contract are living in cuckoo land. 
Our defence is statistically one of the worst in the division. 
It’s not time for sentiment. It’s time for the club to now go out and recruit at least one, clearly a first teamer, CB so that we can resign Amartey back to his mythical fourth choice position.

Evans is shot it too. I believe his stats this season are worse than Amartey’s?

This defence will see the club relegated imo. Does anyone want that really? 
I always find it bizarre that some ‘cult-hero’ status is afforded to a player who is actually making the team considerably worse! I don’t get it and never have.

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The club needs points on the board, direction and a decent position in the table. Having Amartey as a regular starter is not going to bring us that. We can all see it and it’s backed up by the statistics.

It’s not time for sentiment. It’s time for the club to now go out and recruit at least one, clearly a first teamer, CB so that we can resign Amartey back to his mythical fourth choice position.

I always find it bizarre that some ‘cult-hero’ status is afforded to a player who is actually making the team considerably worse! I don’t get it and never have.

I find it odd too…

Singing the Amartay/party song (whatever it’s called) I think is sang as it’s catchy and unoriginal, not necessarily because most believe he is good.

It just makes him believe the fans love him.

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

I think you're clutching at straws here. He's quite frankly terrible in Premier league standards. Not sure how he has managed to get into the first team? I'd have both Cags and Vesty infront of him. 

It’s weird isn’t it people on here saying that he is a Premier League good player. Watching the Southampton centre backs yesterday they looked a million times better than Dan who is championship quality 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

People are defending based on the fact he 'should' and in the right circumstances would be 4th choice and judge his ability based on that, he shouldn't be starting as many games as he has but that's not exaclty his fault. 

When Rodgers finally stops messing about with Soyuncu and we replace Fofana, you'll probably find having a "nice guy" as fourth choice is pretty invaluable, especially helping to maintain a healthy atmosphere in the squad rather than kicking up a fuss that he isn't playing.

With the cult hero thing, you more or less confirmed you don't actually understand the concept during a pre-season game (despite Googling a definition, which showed the opposite of what you were trying to prove)

Finally to reiterate, no one wants him to be starting week in week out or thinks he's good enough to be one of our first choice centre backs.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, hejammy said:

I agree give Vesty a go