Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

I take it that he has finally lost that cult hero status he somehow acclaimed. And about time too. "Big Dan" has stole a living from this club for too many seasons, and I personally have never rated him, scapegoat or not. Our defensive frailties and DA often go hand in hand.

I can personally bet Liverpool were glad they didn't go for him back in 2013 when BR was in charge, but that was only because Amartey had to reject a trial because of a hand injury. But, shock, BR found his man at Leicester anyway so that was a happy coincidence for him.

I 'half' believe that this would partially explain his proclivity for bringing on that donkey kike he did today, when it's the opposite of what we should be doing. I'll never forget Amartey coming on for Tielemans at Brighton, substitute choice of nightmares. Let's face the music, BR clearly rates him, and maybe Amartey gets a small cut when Brendan gets his multimillion severance pay.

Long story short, it's a conspiracy I tells you!

• Like 1

He was perfectly fine, he had a couple of lapses but almost... what you'd expect when he's our fourth choice centre half? He's bang average but he's being picked because the manager has crippled Evans, frozen out Soyuncu, and bought Vestergaard who doesn't know what a football is. He's bound to make mistakes, he's a bit shit, but it isn't his fault he's being picked every week.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

Very good today defended very well and played the pass of the game to release Praet down the right wing.

as a partnership with Faes worked very well maybe Evans is the problem.

Good for the last 10 minutes, Faes got him out of trouble several times 

It was basically him distilled into one performance - some genuinely great incisive passes and important challenges/clearances mixed with lapses of concentration and inexplicable errors that a better team would probably punish. I wouldn't have him starting personally but as said above you can't blame him for that.

3 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Stuart Pearce is as thick as pig shit so I'm not sure it matters.

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Stuart Pearce who apparently used to do as he was told by Joey Barton at Man City, I'll pass on his opinion

Ok chill!

Couple of scary moments, being caught out of position a couple of times and one particular under-cooked back-pass that got fans on edge. Wout Faes got him out of trouble a few times. Let's face it, Palace were poor offensively, and he'd have had a nightmare against better opposition.

Guest Col city fan

A real mixed bag from Dan today. Some great defending, coupled with some very scary moments.

I thought Faes had his best game today in a City shirt and it’s good to keep a clean sheet.

Tbf though, Palace were dreadful in the final third 

He really isn't up to  Premier league standards is he ?.

He just isn't consistent enough to play at this level & really belongs in the Championship where could play regularly  & possibly improve his game. For him to be the third choice CB for us is a terrible condemnation of how the club has done business over the last couple of years. 

If we do manage to avoid relegation & I think we will, the club is going to have come up with a big bag of money for the new manager.

55 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

A real mixed bag from Dan today. Some great defending, coupled with some very scary moments.

I thought Faes had his best game today in a City shirt and it’s good to keep a clean sheet.

Tbf though, Palace were dreadful in the final third 

Fair summary there Col