Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

he doesn't want the ****ing ball so Youri and Co stop ****ing passing it to him, take some responsibility yourselves and live up to your player maker tag.

Also if you are going to give him the ball then ****ing move and make a pass for him you lazy *****

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he doesn't want the ****ing ball so Youri and Co stop ****ing passing it to him, take some responsibility yourselves and live up to your player maker tag.

Also if you are going to give him the ball then ****ing move and make a pass for him you lazy *****

It’s obviously what they’re being instructed to do 

Just now, Bert said:

It’s obviously what they’re being instructed to do 

well sometimes you need to see what's happening before your eyes and react... Faes on the ball fair enough but Big Dan isn't that.

20 years ago he'd be beloved an old school brute of a CB

15 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

He was perfectly fine, he had a couple of lapses but almost... what you'd expect when he's our fourth choice centre half? He's bang average but he's being picked because the manager has crippled Evans, frozen out Soyuncu, and bought Vestergaard who doesn't know what a football is. He's bound to make mistakes, he's a bit shit, but it isn't his fault he's being picked every week.

Rodgers has been quoted as saying that he plays an integral part in transfers in - so that he's partly responsible for bad recruitment.

Bennett was a lacklustre attempt to supplement the defence when someone like Faes was critical to supporting Evans' continuing frailty. When posters on here have a go at Evans, they seem to forget he's been carrying an injury for three seasons and has been the thin blue wall at times.

I listened to the match on RL for the first time for months. Post-match it was stated that Rodgers "is a good coach". Yesterday, on Football Focus Fara Williams opined that he was a great manager and hoped he'd turn our season round. For me, it appears that he favours certain players and alienates others - that's not being a good coach. 

Amartey needs a strong defence to support him when he comes on (or starts). He lacks the mental strength to impose himself on opposition forwards. You're absolutely correct to say it's not his fault he gets chosen - he's probably sick of being the butt of adverse criticism. We still need to supplement central defence. Nothing's more certain. 

How people can rate him shows me how deluded our fan base is.

At best he’s a championship level defender, yesterday he was a risk all first half. He doesn’t want the ball, is no good with the ball and has poor positioning.

I hope that Dan can’t sense the majority of the fans unease when he’s playing. It must make it a lot tougher for him. People shouldn’t really have a go at him as he can’t help his ability, he certainly gives his all. Blame the inept manager who is picking him all the time. Apparently Soyuncu was in the premier league team of the season a few years back. His regression under Brendan is staggering. Oh and then we have Vestergaard who we signed for £12m or whatever. Yet we still play the guy whose job is to be 4th choice back up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Product of 84 said:

I'm a bit fed up with the Big Dan bashing. He doesn't pick himself.

He has always been our squad player that comes in every now and again when we have injuries etc. The player who plays in the early cup games to give others a rest. 

The issue is our terrible recruitment bar Fofana and the form/miss management of Soyuncu and Vesteguard. 

Remember Dan has played at full back and been a defensive midfielder. He isn't even a natural CB. It was his National Team that started playing there and his injuries haven't helped. 

Personally, I'd rather he was just a squad player. He scares the living daylights out of me at times. Others got him out of the mire yesterday. But I can't be to hard on him as he really shouldn't be playing or on the bench. 

Basically, why are we making a player the scapegoat for our true problem- Rodgers

Absolutely spot on. It seems it’s much easier for some to just post things like “Amartey is shit”

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Will1981 said:

Very good today defended very well and played the pass of the game to release Praet down the right wing.

as a partnership with Faes worked very well maybe Evans is the problem.

19 hours ago, StanSP said:

Good moments in making clearances. 

But he's slow in the mind and physically. Lapses in concentration nearly screwed us over. So frustrating when he was just ambling with the ball when a pass forward was on. 

19 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Absolute bombscare the first 15-20 minutes or so

2 or 3 times he got tackled or misplaced a pass in that time that a better team would’ve punished us for

19 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Very good second half, great pass through near the end

19 hours ago, Vacamion said:

He made 4 or 5 errors (Daniel Brainfarteys) that would have been punished by a better side.

Conversely, he also made 3 or 4 vital tackles/interceptions.

He's an enigma, big Dan is.

So inconsistent as reflected by the range of comments.

He was an absolute bomb scare.   He did a lot of good things but we cannot afford such to have such an error prone player in our defence.

He always wants to drop half a yard/ a yard deeper than the line.   Castagne started doing it too.  I think Castagne is sometimes anticipating,  based on  past experience, Amartey dropping back (if not, Castagne needs to sort that aspect of his game out)

Amartey needs replacing as a squad player.  We need a new centre back to cover the Evans injuries or to replace him.

He played that ball back to Ward again without looking near the corner flag.  We almost had a repeat of that exact passage of play that led to that goal conceded at Forest last season.  He isn't a clever footballer and never will be.  Doesn't learn from his mistakes and lacks awareness.  But he's better than Soyuncu apparently.  lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taupe said:

Dan never looks comfortable on the ball. That's just him, how he plays etc. He's looked like that for years. Maybe he's completely at ease with it. 

I disagree with this, I genuinely thought Amartey did pretty well in the main last season when called upon, don’t get me wrong, he did have a couple of shockers but the majority of the time I thought he was solid enough.

This season he’s been an absolute train smash, he’s all over the place, scuffing passes, leaving players short, not holding the line and dropping deep into ‘defensive suicide’ positions. He’s a shadow of the player he was for us last season.

One explanation (which also applies to a number of our squad) …. The uncertainty of where his future lies, out of contract at the end of the season, one eye on “where am I going next season” which is plenty enough to disrupt a player’s flow and general performance level. We’ve got 6 or 7 in this squad who are in that position, it’s far from ideal and will impact performance levels, they are only human.

An absolute bomb scare. Can anyone on here honestly see him getting in another premier league sides starting 11? (Apart from Forest lol

I don't even think he would get in many championship teams defences! Certainly not any of those in the top 6-8 anyway.

He has been very loyal to the club and seems more than happy to warm the bench for long periods of time without kicking up a stink but for me i would look to move him on come the end of the season.

6 hours ago, lee7 said:

An absolute bomb scare. Can anyone on here honestly see him getting in another premier league sides starting 11? (Apart from Forest lol

I don't even think he would get in many championship teams defences! Certainly not any of those in the top 6-8 anyway.

He has been very loyal to the club and seems more than happy to warm the bench for long periods of time without kicking up a stink but for me i would look to move him on come the end of the season.

to who?