Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

Guest Col city fan
6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

We won't have to move him on. He's out of contract and I doubt we'd offer him a new contract.

A lot of people on here were more than happy for the club to offer him a new contract.

Now it seems the pendulum has swung.

Amartey is an all effort player, comes in when needed and doesn’t cause any trouble whatsoever. But his ability is not that of a Premiership CB. 
If we go down, I’d be happy to keep him personally, though on a vastly reduced salary. He’d be ok at Championship level. Both he and Faes would be ok next season if the club gets relegated.

Edited by Col city fan

Just now, Col city fan said:

A lot of people on here were more than happy for the club to offer him a new contract.

Now it seems the pendulum has swung. As usual.

Amartey is an all effort player, comes in when needed and doesn’t cause any trouble whatsoever. But his ability is not that of a Premiership CB. 
If we go down, I’d be happy to keep him personally, though on a vastly reduced salary. He’d be ok at Championship level. Both he and Faes would be ok next season if the club gets relegated.

I think Faes would get poached by another PL club if we went down. It's Vesty and Ben Nelson next season if we go down.

Amartey would be fine if we didn’t try and play Rodgers ball on the edge of our penalty area. He looks like a rabbit in the headlights every time he is passed the ball. Off the ball he’s ok. 
He’s also not helped by being on the right of the two when Castagne is tasked with playing virtually as a winger. If Tielemans drops in and covers when the full back goes forward then he’s ok. But if/when Youri misplaces his pass forward Dan is left completely isolated. 

Edited by Death by Football
Typo
  • Like 2

Guest Col city fan

Gonna give a big shout out today to Dan and Wout who genuinely looked solid as a rock at the back. Albeit against Costa who should no longer be anywhere near a Premiership team.

Well done to the pair of them. If they can cement that level of understanding across the season we’ll start conceding less goals.

Just now, Col city fan said:

Gonna give a big shout out today to Dan and Wout who genuinely looked solid as a rock at the back. Albeit against Costa who should no longer be anywhere near a Premiership team.

Well done to the pair of them. If they can cement that level of understanding across the season we’ll start conceding less goals.

Wow, you on drugs :D

• Haha 3

our most underrated player by a considerable distance. in a similar way to mendy, he seems to make us a better team without actually putting in amazing displays. They both add a balance. If we had listened to fans requests to bin we’d probably be bottom now and may have been relegated last year or close to it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I've been out of the country for a couple of weeks. When I went away I was hoping that DA wouldn't start for us again and that somebody else (probably Caglar) should be ahead of him. 

I come back and we've kept 3 clean sheets with Amartey at the centre of defence. Has he been that good? I really want to believe that Daniel can have a future with us as he's a tryer and a likeable bloke; but all I've seen is someone who's too error prone at PL level and lacks composure and confidence. 

I'm going to the Man City game on Saturday and I'd like some reassurance from those who've actually watched the last three games before I call for him to start.

Big Dan has become a scapegoat and this is the proof. In the last six games, leaving out the game he came in as a sub

• Benching Big Dan: The defence let in 11 goals in 3 games, i.e. an average of 3.7 goals/game
  • Starting Big Ben: The defence let in 0 goals in 3 games, an avarege of  0 goals/game  :appl:

To the Big Dan Haters: Pick your poison :)

Edited by Rawlings
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I prefer to see a bit more nuance in my stats. EG: how does a player stack up against similar teams. Not knocking Dan but is it HIM or is it the opposition?

Noticed watching today he went further out to the wing when playing forwards instead of the heart attack inducing trying to play it out from the back in front of goal.

14 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Good squad utility player but that's as far as it goes. 

The stats say otherwise

3 of the 4 clean sheets have been when he's on the field

IN the last three games, when he's started, Leicester has let in ZERO goals

29 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I prefer to see a bit more nuance in my stats. EG: how does a player stack up against similar teams. Not knocking Dan but is it HIM or is it the opposition?

Good point! All players should be measured that way. Is it them or the opposition

Some of the so called great players, on the team, only show up (including score) against weak teams

Yet we celebrate them. Is it them or the oppostion?

Edited by Rawlings

3 hours ago, Rawlings said:

Big Dan has become a scapegoat and this is the proof. In the last six games, leaving out the game he came in as a sub

• Benching Big Dan: The defence let in 11 goals in 3 games, i.e. an average of 3.7 goals/game
  • Starting Big Ben: The defence let in 0 goals in 3 games, an avarege of  0 goals/game  :appl:

So the message seems to be that having an oversized victorian clock at the heart of our defence is pretty effective 

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, Rawlings said:

The stats say otherwise

3 of the 4 clean sheets have been when he's on the field

IN the last three games, when he's started, Leicester has let in ZERO goals

Danny Ward's been on the field for all 4. Let's gove him the Golden Glove now shall we?

I've watched Amartey cost us plenty of times including that awful game at the City Ground. Faes is the main reason we have them clean sheets. 

• Like 1

Most players that are competent especially when exposed like our defence has been get better with a run of games.

The team is now defending as a team from the front. As soon as we lose possession someone is in there. The defence is less exposed under less pressure plus the teamswe.ve played have been pretty toothless.

Dan is part of  that 'team'

• Like 1

We failed to get clean sheets even when we had Fofana , formerly the "worlds greatest CB" and worth a £100 million apparently..The tactics were wrong and could never work.There are signs of a change in thinking and we are seeing the benefits.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rawlings said:

No he's isn't a scapegoat. He gets criticised because he constantly makes mistakes.

But yesterday he was good, as were the whole team.

2 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Danny Ward's been on the field for all 4. Let's gove him the Golden Glove now shall we?

I've watched Amartey cost us plenty of times including that awful game at the City Ground. Faes is the main reason we have them clean sheets. 

But based on the common denominator it’s Amartey… Amartey and Faes look much better than Evans and Faes. Not sure what’s going on with Evans this year but he’s looked completely off the pace. 

• Like 1