Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

2 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Danny Ward's been on the field for all 4. Let's gove him the Golden Glove now shall we?

I've watched Amartey cost us plenty of times including that awful game at the City Ground. Faes is the main reason we have them clean sheets. 

Faes isn't responsible for 2 or 3 players now running at break neck speed to make blocks every time there's a loose ball on the edge if area. Or booting into Row Z when under pressure so that the defence can regroup. 

Either Faes has taken on a coaching role or someone at Seagrave has at last addressed the problem of passivity

• Like 1

On 24/10/2022 at 13:17, An Sionnach said:

When in doubt, put it out. Virtually nothing ever comes from a throw in (unless you have a Fuchs in the team).

This is what they you used to teach you as a kid together with never don’t play a loose pass across your own half from defence. How many goals or attacks come from ignoring those basics. The cult of tiki taka football has a lot to answer for. Luckily the last season or so we have seen more direct upfield passes come back into fashion a bit with positive results. 

On 23/10/2022 at 17:02, Jobyfox said:

Well I've been out of the country for a couple of weeks. When I went away I was hoping that DA wouldn't start for us again and that somebody else (probably Caglar) should be ahead of him. 

I come back and we've kept 3 clean sheets with Amartey at the centre of defence. Has he been that good? I really want to believe that Daniel can have a future with us as he's a tryer and a likeable bloke; but all I've seen is someone who's too error prone at PL level and lacks composure and confidence. 

I'm going to the Man City game on Saturday and I'd like some reassurance from those who've actually watched the last three games before I call for him to start.

...he has obviously agreed a way to play that he feels comfortable in knowing that Faes has him covered!!!

You can tell be Faes reaction on the pitch, there is an organised system that allows them to both 0lay to their strengths. 

Faes could be a short lived acquisition as quality demands more eyes taking interest. Six months of being here and he could have a choice to make. Having the armband would be an honour bestowed, but it may not be enough to keep him here.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he has obviously agreed a way to play that he feels comfortable in knowing that Faes has him covered!!!

You can tell be Faes reaction on the pitch, there is an organised system that allows them to both 0lay to their strengths. 

Faes could be a short lived acquisition as quality demands more eyes taking interest. Six months of being here and he could have a choice to make. Having the armband would be an honour bestowed, but it may not be enough to keep him here.

Believe you are building him up a bit prematurely. Not long ago he was a pound shop replacement for Fofana.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....that was never my take on him, watching him in practice!!!

A proper defender, better on the ball than Morgan, but with the same mentality of defending. 

I think your point is valid in the sense that Faes appears to be another very promising signing, I think the 6 month timescale is very premature though. He ain’t going nowhere at the end of the season (unless we go down).

Amartey is not the answer and was originally signed as a backup utility player which is what he really is. He plays because we’ve failed to recruit more than one good centre back for quite a while and Soyuncu is out of favour.

The recent improvement in our defence is mainly because of Faes and the fact Tielemans is moving back to create a back four from time to time.

Big Dan continues to disprove his distractors (=haters) 

• Benching Big Dan: The defence let in 12 goals in 4 games, i.e. an average of 3 goals/game 
  • Starting Big Ben: The defence let in 1 goals in 4 games, an avarege of  0.25 goals/game  

NOTE: Faes is the constant. Evans & Amartey  are the variables. So, it's NOT about Faes

Edited by Rawlings

Guest Col city fan

Looks so much more steady alongside Faes. It’s looking more like the aged Evans was possibly the biggest issue at the back.

I think Faes and Big Dan will be the CB pairing for much of this season now 

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Looks so much more steady alongside Faes. It’s looking more like the aged Evans was possibly the biggest issue at the back.

I think Faes and Big Dan will be the CB pairing for much of this season now 

The stats backs u up

• Faes + Evans: The defence let in 12 goals in 4 games, i.e. an average of 3 goals/game 
  • Faes + Big Ben: The defence let in 1 goals in 4 games, an avarege of  0.25 goals/game  

The later include a game against the champions ;)

• Like 1

On 26/10/2022 at 17:52, sacreblueits442 said:

From the brief things I've read about Faes, an my general impression, it feels he'd rather be a Captain at Leicester more so than a squad player at a Chelsea, it's to early to judge his character tho either way.

1 hour ago, Rawlings said:

Big Dan continues to disprove his distractors (=haters) 

• Benching Big Dan: The defence let in 12 goals in 4 games, i.e. an average of 3 goals/game 
  • Starting Big Ben: The defence let in 1 goals in 4 games, an avarege of  0.25 goals/game  

NOTE: Faes is the constant. Evans & Amartey  are the variables. So, it's NOT about Faes

36 minutes ago, Rawlings said:

The stats backs u up

• Faes + Evans: The defence let in 12 goals in 4 games, i.e. an average of 3 goals/game 
  • Faes + Big Ben: The defence let in 1 goals in 4 games, an avarege of  0.25 goals/game  

The later include a game against the champions ;)

If you think Cags has got a massive clock just wait till you see  Big Ben 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Should be in discussions for a new deal, whilst targeting probably two new centre backs come summer. As good as a backup you can hope for

If his world cups goes well, he'll probably get offers from other teams

$0 transfer fee for a player who does not complain on the bench and can play multiple positions is a dream 

Edited by Rawlings
  • Like 2