Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

12 hours ago, Rawlings said:

All U Big Dan haters, pick your poison

• Faes + Evans:    Let in 14 goals in 5 matches, i.e. an average of 2.8 goals/game 
  • Faes + Big Ben: Let in 1 goal in 5 matches, i.e. an avarege of  0.20 goals/game  

Footnotes

1. Faes is the constant. Evans & Amartey  are the variables. So, it can't be Faes
  2. No goals from open play in all those 5 games
  3. The 5 games include the one against the champions

Faes and Evans have only played 3 PL together....

Spurs A, Forest H and Bournemouth A.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

He's earning his salt, he's slowly  proving his worth.

Some fans who lacked patience have also had their cheeks turned....

Sometimes situations change,move,

Forced...The ways of life,quirky or honest & true...many posters have still that need to go through some hard experiences ..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Rawlings said:

I will not be suprised if he leaves because of "fans" like u. 

What are you on about?

I like Amartey, but he isn't quite good enough to be a partner for Faes in the long term.

He deserves to be Wout's partner going forward for now and ahead of Evans, Soyuncu, and Vestergaard.

But lets be honest unless the next centre back we sign is a youngster I expect he would drop to 3rd choice.

I would still be very happy to see him sign a new deal and stay because he has shown he can be a good option to have next to Faes.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 4

I don’t really know what to think anymore. DA was fourth choice so recently and deservedly so based on his lack of composure and good decision making. I have to admit I’d written him off and would only have picked him ahead of Vestergaard. 

All of a sudden he’s risen to first choice. That prospect would have scared me to death a few months ago. Now we’ve conceded just one goal in four games. He has to now keep his place as you don’t need to mess with what is obviously working.

For me to suddenly think that Amartey is PL quality would need me to ignore all conventional wisdom and evidence prior to this season. I’m not ready to do that yet, but I’m hoping that he continues to perform. He seems like a good guy and I really want him to do well. 

47 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Makes me sick the abuse he got from our fans. 

“Abuse” really? I honestly haven’t heard much at games.

If you mean on here then some people are genuinely abusive, which is sad. They don’t understand the difference between abuse and criticism. Sometimes, however, people who criticise them don’t either.

Discussion and criticism is partly what a forum is for and Amartey’s previous performances justify plenty of it. 

Edited by Jobyfox

I'm not 100% with him, he makes me nervous when he's on the ball, and that's not always when he's under pressure. And when he does get the ball those nerves make me watch him more closely where I notice his **** ups more.

Having said that, I sing his song loudly and will always support him and the enigma he has become.

• Like 1

He's like the sort of pupil who seems quietly unassuming by others but knows what's what in the classroom and has a cheeky side to him (I.e., flicks things at the teacher when they're not looking in a full classroom).

Edited by Wymsey

It must be a weight off of his shoulders playing with someone who defends on the front foot. It stops (limits) the attackers opportunity to play a quick one-two or a quick ball through. In a similar way, playing with someone who genuinely plays progressive passes, not constantly rolling it around at the back (in turn creating further opportunity to be pressed, misplace a pass etc). 

That’s not lumping all the praise on Wout, just highlighting he’s clearly a CB partner that suits Big Dan.