Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewEnglandFox

League Cup Round 2+3 Draw: Sunday 2pm

1 hour ago, Hitesh said:

I can see Arteta putting a strong side out for this as he'll want some chance of a trophy at the end of the season. And so should we to be honest but can see a reserve side going out for this.

I don't think he will, he's eased the early pressure with an FA Cup win. This season for them is all about getting CL football again.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

It could only happen to us. Alway seem to get shit draws while the rest get lower league teams.

Man City gets the best draws in both domestic cups, every year. They always end up with sides like Port Vale.

14 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

It could only happen to us. Alway seem to get shit draws while the rest get lower league teams.

Hardly. We had Luton and Burton in the League Cup last season and three Championship teams in the FA Cup.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Last year we genuinely couldn't have gotten better draws in this competition... 

Our FA Cup run wasn't exactly all that testing either. 

• Like 3

Without the crowds, football just has a different dynamic. 

If we had the fans back, I think we can quite handily beat Arsenal at home. Without, who knows?

In the event that we lose, it’s not exactly the end of the world (although I personally would like a good run).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hitesh said:

I can see Arteta putting a strong side out for this as he'll want some chance of a trophy at the end of the season. And so should we to be honest but can see a reserve side going out for this.

First team hasn't even played a pre-season. I expect Brendan to go strong just for the needed minutes -- Arsenal too.

• Like 1

On 05/09/2020 at 23:00, Aus Fox said:

League 2 side at home please, this is the least important comped for us this season and at the stage we are at in preparation For the season a game on our pitch where all of our fringe players can get 90 competitive minutes under their belt would be ideal.

With fixture congestion across all 4 divisions this season and no crowds, I don’t expect anyone to play full strength teams. 

I agree I  think in the first round most forecasters  would have got more than half wrong