Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Mendy

5 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Agree. He deserves respect at the least and should not be out of any team’s first team roster completely. He is 29. He has given his best years to us only to be mistreated. So I also hope for his sake he goes somewhere that he can get first team football.

Not trying to be contrary, but “given us his best years” is a bit strong? It’s not like he’s a nurse risking his life to treat some moron who’s caught Covid because he thinks it’s all a conspiracy. He’s been injured a lot of the time, but has still been handsomely rewarded with the kind of earnings most people can only dream of. Contracts work two ways. When he was injured, I’m sure he was delighted we were paying him for those ‘best years’. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Not trying to be contrary, but “given us his best years” is a bit strong? It’s not like he’s a nurse risking his life to treat some moron who’s caught Covid because he thinks it’s all a conspiracy. He’s been injured a lot of the time, but has still been handsomely rewarded with the kind of earnings most people can only dream of. Contracts work two ways. When he was injured, I’m sure he was delighted we were paying him for those ‘best years’. 

Ricardo has been injured a lot recently as well. Ndidi is also injured. And oh mine Evans has been injured a lot as well. They do not come back into the reserves, or as a result be not registered for the team roster. By your logic, they should count themselves lucky to be earning a paycheck let alone be straight back into the first team. So I am not sure of your argument there. The fact is he is way underappreciated.

As for “his best years”, for a midfielder like him, he should really be at his best and be playing regular football between 26-30. He spent much of that with us.

If he was not in the Cameroon national team, had an awesome tournament and was the African Cup Champion, he may well have been forgotten completely even as of now. 

Edited by Tom12345

37 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He’s better than Ndidi when we play 433. 

Ndidi is better in 4141 / 4231. 

We should extend his contract and play him more often IMO. He’s a good player. 

If Rodgers decides he wants him, I can't imagine he'd get a better contract anywhere else.

The question is: Will he be willing to drop a fit N'didi in a formation where Mendy is better?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Much better than Ndidi when we are playing well

Winning the ball or controlling the ball? We need a player who can do both.

Sign him up on a longer deal…. He’s a quality player and, in fairness to Rodgers, he’s backed him and (I suspect?) regrets not having him in the euro squad…. We missed his tidy efficiency last Thursday 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

Ricardo has been injured a lot recently as well. Ndidi is also injured. And oh mine Evans has been injured a lot as well. They do not come back into the reserves, or as a result be not registered for the team roster. By your logic, they should count themselves lucky to be earning a paycheck let alone be straight back into the first team. So I am not sure of your argument there. The fact is he is way underappreciated.

As for “his best years”, for a midfielder like him, he should really be at his best and be playing regular football between 26-30. He spent much of that with us.

If he was not in the Cameroon national team, had an awesome tournament and was the African Cup Champion, he may well have been forgotten completely even as of now. 

They come back into the team as we don’t have anyone better in their positions. Mendy is good. But Wilf is better. Elite sport is a tough place. Sentiment doesn’t come into it. Players know the rules of the game and accept the rewards and the risks. 🤷

• Like 1

It took a long time for us fans to warm to him, mainly after that injury hit first season and a second away at Nice on loan. 

But I hope he knows, that, in the end and longer than it should've took, he was  liked, appreciated and rated by supporters 

He's been shat on big time with his PL and EL squad omissions. But carries himself really well

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Senegal 🇸🇳 

3 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Unfortunately he is in Rodgers’ blind spot and as soon as Ndidi is back, Mendy would be in the reserves again. I won’t be surprised if Mendy is sold this summer.

....I would hazard a guess that Ndidi would be the one sold and even if we do not keep Mendy, a like minded player will be brought in!!!

If Rodgers is going to rebuild, then he has to break up this team to get the players that suits the way he wants to play. He has spent time trying to shape Ndidi into a role he wants him to play, it has not worked and Ndidi has struggled along with the team.

It would make sense for Rodgers to take the money and invest in a player suitable to the clubs' needs.

I have just watched Club Brugge tonight (keeping an eye on De Ketelaere, he had a goal disallowed), they have a Centre Back called Nsoki who is terrific control on the ball, never panics in defence and dribbles his way out of tight situations. It is a big difference when instead of hoofing the ball out you can play your way out to beat the press. Just like Ndidi and Mendy the ability on the ball make you a far better fit for the team.