Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Mendy

45 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

It took a long time for us fans to warm to him, mainly after that injury hit first season and a second away at Nice on loan. 

But I hope he knows, that, in the end and longer than it should've took, he was  liked, appreciated and rated by supporters 

He's been shat on big time with his PL and EL squad omissions. But carries himself really well

...those omissions are due to him have one foot out of the club door!!!

Rodgers sees him every week in training and was happy to allow him to go. Now either Mendy has changed his approach to the game which has now forced Rodgers to look at him again, or we had no other option but to bring him back into the fold.

48 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Not a criticism, but he runs straight off the pitch at FT, rarely applauds the crowd 

I think he's shy. Don't think there's any negativity going on. Reminds me of Kante in that respect. 

• Like 3

Excellent game again. Does the simple things well, drove forward a few times. Retains possession well. Tidy player and very underrated by BR and previous managers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Ricardo has been injured a lot recently as well. Ndidi is also injured. And oh mine Evans has been injured a lot as well. They do not come back into the reserves, or as a result be not registered for the team roster. By your logic, they should count themselves lucky to be earning a paycheck let alone be straight back into the first team. So I am not sure of your argument there. The fact is he is way underappreciated.

As for “his best years”, for a midfielder like him, he should really be at his best and be playing regular football between 26-30. He spent much of that with us.

If he was not in the Cameroon national team, had an awesome tournament and was the African Cup Champion, he may well have been forgotten completely even as of now. 

Bit ignorant remembering his Cameroon success.   Seems like you've forgotten him already.

• Haha 2

I thought this was one of his best ever games for us, he has looked really good in every game since coming back from the AFCON, but people who now seem to think he’s been better than ndidi and he should have been playing for the the last 3 years are either very anti Rodgers or just very reactionary based on a few good games 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

I thought this was one of his best ever games for us, he has looked really good in every game since coming back from the AFCON, but people who now seem to think he’s been better than ndidi and he should have been playing for the the last 3 years are either very anti Rodgers or just very reactionary based on a few good games 

Fair point but if you combine Ndidi defensive side and Mendy passing we’d have a player snapped up by the big four, both very effective in the holding role and both do it differently. We’re lucky to have both with hamza and soumare as back ups! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue ROI said:

With performances like today and being left out like he has been this season it's hard to blame him.

we left him out of the squad as we thought he was leaving, he had a move to a Turkish club lined up at the end of the summer window but it fell through at the last minute

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

we left him out of the squad as we thought he was leaving, he had a move to a Turkish club lined up at the end of the summer window but it fell through at the last minute

Exactly, his last game against spurs end of season he was terrible and he wasn’t much better in the six months before it wasn’t a surprise he was left out and there weren’t many that clamoured for him to be in. We all wish he was included now but it’s hindsight revision

4 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

Exactly, his last game against spurs end of season he was terrible and he wasn’t much better in the six months before it wasn’t a surprise he was left out and there weren’t many that clamoured for him to be in. We all wish he was included now but it’s hindsight revision

in hindsight it was a mistake, Benkovic was included instead and he never made a league match day squad

15 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

in hindsight it was a mistake, Benkovic was included instead and he never made a league match day squad

There can’t be a person that wouldn’t think that, only reason I can think is numbers if someone else got injured in defence he was needed whilst we had more midfielders at the time

29 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

The squad list gets submitted well after the transfer window 🥺

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

The squad list gets submitted well after the transfer window 🥺

the Turkish Transfer window closes a week or so after ours and after the registration window

Edited by Jimmy