Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Mendy

Overcoming things like homophobia or racism is countries like the UK or US will take generations of change.

We can’t take a racist and force him to not be that way.  The best thing we can do is try to understand why they think the way they do, and educate them to overcome.  
For example, check out the great things Daryl Davis has done.  He’s done it with understanding and education - not shaming or ridiculing, which is a lot of peoples first reaction.

5 hours ago, Blueasafox said:

I only came on this thread to see if we were keeping Mendy or getting rid. 

Seagrave re-education wing.

Matchsticks in the eyelids and a season of the Canadian National Gay Flag Football League (NGFFL)

Brendan currently reviewing the Europa League campaign next to him, so Mendy gets of pretty lightly

EDIT. Just realised that Clockwork Orange aversion therapy would be contrary to desired outcome, but hey ho, the scenario amused me anyway

Edited by He aint bald
morning silliness

16 hours ago, majaco said:

If Mendy is being homophobic,, we should move him on.  

This is in the same week that the first current pro football player came out.  Respect to Jake Daniels.  There are probably hundreds of secretly LGBTQ+ players in the professional game.

Many people aren't cis and straight.  Some of the Senegalese team need to grow up. As role models, they should rise above their limitations.

Mendy chose to show support.  Drop him. Bin him.

We know the position of only ONE member of the Senegalese team (Gueye)…

So quit making prejudiced presumptions about “some of the Senegalese team” anymore than one could make about some of the England team. 

12 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

We know the position of only ONE member of the Senegalese team (Gueye)…

So quit making prejudiced presumptions about “some of the Senegalese team” anymore than one could make about some of the England team. 

Several have backed Gueye.  You are calling me prejudiced for objecting to prejudice.

6 minutes ago, majaco said:

Several have backed Gueye. You are calling me prejudiced for objecting to prejudice.

Didn’t know that…:blush:

Nor the context in which they supposedly “backed” him. Please expound.

Edited by NaijaFox

32 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Didn’t know that…:blush:

Nor the context in which they supposedly “backed” him. Please expound.

I read about it on twitter following seeing the story o  here.

When I say 'some' Senegal players, it recognises it is not everyone.

10 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Mendy has been great , his work rate is fantastic, he fetches and goes forward , I would give him a new contract 

Those stats above suggest that’s decidedly not true.

He’s fine for what he is as an emergency squad player who recycles the ball and you’d hope only plays 4 or 5 times a season.

But I’d get frustrated as feck if he was starting every week. He breaks up our potential counter-attacks so often by turning round and passing it backwards when there’s players in running into space ahead of him. 

Basically, he’s the perfect proponent of the “Rodgers-ball” people have moaned about as boring all season when you pass the ball aimlessly side to side 100 times for no real reason.

7 minutes ago, Torten said:

Can I ask what website you use to get this? Looks interesting

It’s fbref. It’s the “go to” stats site these days.

Edited by Sampson

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...