Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

15 hours ago, honeybradger said:

PSG have been after ricardo for the last 4 windows and apparently he has been a priority for the last 2, the injury probably stopped him going to them in the summer but i doubt it will stop them this coming summer considering how long theyve held off signing a right back in their chase to sign him in particular.

I wouldn't like to see him go to PSG tbh, he could do better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I think he's the best right back in the world, imagine him on the right at Bayern with Davies on the left. Really hope he stays but in all honesty he can command £150-200k a week somewhere and even if we push him up to £100k a week, we also need to do the same for Tielemans, Soyuncu needs to be on at least £70k a week to fend off the vultures for another season or so. I suppose Slimani's wages will cover that but it's difficult to keep all these shit hot players without keep stretching a wage structure thats at breaking point. Simply have to qualify for CL and/or do better commercially which we have been fairly mediocre at since the astonishing title win.

The only way to do better commercially, surely, is to consistently get in the champions league, for the prize money of course, but because it’s the only realistic way to gain more fans, sell more shirts and get more TV money. Leicester having a significant international fanbase still seems crazy to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

The only way to do better commercially, surely, is to consistently get in the champions league, for the prize money of course, but because it’s the only realistic way to gain more fans, sell more shirts and get more TV money. Leicester having a significant international fanbase still seems crazy to me.

The champions league is v good for income but the prem drives the commercial income in Asia and the states ..... no one in Asia or the states is really bothered about the CL - we need to try to be in contention at the top to drive the e Asian market ....competing for sixth/fifth/fourth won’t be enough imo ..... if we could find some players from these countries who were any good would be brilliant - that’s why spurs buying son was such a brilliant move. Created a big demand for their merch in korea 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The champions league is v good for income but the prem drives the commercial income in Asia and the states ..... no one in Asia or the states is really bothered about the CL - we need to try to be in contention at the top to drive the e Asian market ....competing for sixth/fifth/fourth won’t be enough imo ..... if we could find some players from these countries who were any good would be brilliant - that’s why spurs buying son was such a brilliant move. Created a big demand for their merch in korea 

I think the same thing happened for Wolves with Jimenez. 

25 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The champions league is v good for income but the prem drives the commercial income in Asia and the states ..... no one in Asia or the states is really bothered about the CL - we need to try to be in contention at the top to drive the e Asian market ....competing for sixth/fifth/fourth won’t be enough imo ..... if we could find some players from these countries who were any good would be brilliant - that’s why spurs buying son was such a brilliant move. Created a big demand for their merch in korea 

They do. And you can add the Gulf States (not sure about the rest of the MENA region) for both.

Even in sub-Saharan Africa, the knockout stages of the CL (or most games involving the ‘big’ teams) are like a carnival, often in open-air viewing centers.

42 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

This ship may have sailed with Brexit … but would it be feasible to acquire an absolute top youth player from Japan, China and/or Korea?

Their media would follow the “pilgrim’s progress” … through the finest, most photogenic training complex in existence … and playing the other “big clubs” in the PL2.  Could really elevate our exposure and the perception that this is a massive club worth following.

Asians are not choosing clubs based on trophies from the 1950s.  Give them a powerful reason to buy the shirt now.  Without a big boost to commercial income we will rarely be able to hang onto our best.

1 hour ago, NaijaFox said:

They do. And you can add the Gulf States (not sure about the rest of the MENA region) for both.

Even in sub-Saharan Africa, the knockout stages of the CL (or most games involving the ‘big’ teams) are like a carnival, often in open-air viewing centers.

E Asia they really have no interest

the Middle East is a struggle as the games k/off after midnight but Africa is of course on this with their favourable time zones

how much do African populations spend on PL merch compared to the sub continent and e Asia ??

2 hours ago, KingsX said:

This ship may have sailed with Brexit … but would it be feasible to acquire an absolute top youth player from Japan, China and/or Korea?

Their media would follow the “pilgrim’s progress” … through the finest, most photogenic training complex in existence … and playing the other “big clubs” in the PL2.  Could really elevate our exposure and the perception that this is a massive club worth following.

Asians are not choosing clubs based on trophies from the 1950s.  Give them a powerful reason to buy the shirt now.  Without a big boost to commercial income we will rarely be able to hang onto our best.

Not too sure what Brexit has to do with bringing in a player from an Asian country.

16 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Great for Fofana, who doesn't speak English, that he's got Tielemans, Paret, Mendy, apparently Evans and presumably castagne who can all speak French. 

16 hours ago, brucey said:

Also Slimani and Ricardo

and Rodgers  - he had been learning French for 8mths prior to joining us. He was learning Italian before that & can also speak Spanish, says he is better at Spanish but you would assume his French has also progressed with those at the club.

3 hours ago, Foxxed said:

To a certain extent you are correct, but it's the sponsorship deals we have struggled to improve in the years since our title win. I'm sure there's valid reasons for it, I.e. we are maximising our potential in this regard and sadly to move it up a level we need to be in the top 4 and be more attractive commercially. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

E Asia they really have no interest

the Middle East is a struggle as the games k/off after midnight but Africa is of course on this with their favourable time zones

how much do African populations spend on PL merch compared to the sub continent and e Asia ??

The EPL and UEFA probably make most of their money in Africa from exclusive TV deals, rather than merchandise. 
Parliaments have been known to have gotten involved in some countries to ensure a steady diet of PL and CL games. lol

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

To a certain extent you are correct, but it's the sponsorship deals we have struggled to improve in the years since our title win. I'm sure there's valid reasons for it, I.e. we are maximising our potential in this regard and sadly to move it up a level we need to be in the top 4 and be more attractive commercially. 

Interesting. You think they’re bad for a team that finished fifth?

1 hour ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Not too sure what Brexit has to do with bringing in a player from an Asian country.

Less opportunity, I’m assuming, to import developmental players who may not be proven at an international level.

Wasn’t preserving more work opportunities for the native population part of the sales pitch?  I thought I read that the FA wants 13 or 14 places per squad for UK players.

I’m not trying to introduce any value judgments, just think it’s widely expected  that the bar for bringing in foreign talent will be higher.  Which would lhave an impact on recruiting for academies,

6 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Less opportunity, I’m assuming, to import developmental players who may not be proven at an international level.

Wasn’t preserving more work opportunities for the native population part of the sales pitch?  I thought I read that the FA wants 13 or 14 places per squad for UK players.

I’m not trying to introduce any value judgments, just think it’s widely expected  that the bar for bringing in foreign talent will be higher.  Which would lhave an impact on recruiting for academies,

You may be right.  I think that it has always been difficult to get non EU players in to youth squads in the UK already though.  Most (if not all) who have come through youth teams either are from an EU country or hold an EU passport to the best of my knowledge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

and Rodgers  - he had been learning French for 8mths prior to joining us. He was learning Italian before that & can also speak Spanish, says he is better at Spanish but you would assume his French has also progressed with those at the club.

Love the Football Manager sketch by Paul Whitehouse...

• Haha 1