Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

3 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

With you on that one. I still maintain that I can’t tell you what he’s good at. He’s slow, not great in the air etc - but he ain’t half greedy and likes to shoot. I can’t stand his voice either.

Finishing

Shooting from range

First touch

Range of passing

Awareness

Ability to find space

Whether you like the guy or not he's an absolute beast of a player, he's one of the few bona-fide number 9's left in world football that buries even half chances regularly.

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Finishing

Shooting from range

First touch

Range of passing

Awareness

Ability to find space

Whether you like the guy or not he's an absolute beast of a player, he's one of the few bona-fide number 9's left in world football that buries even half chances regularly.

Youri's vision and passing is genuinely world class. He sees passes no one else on the pitch sees.

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Finishing

Shooting from range

First touch

Range of passing

Awareness

Ability to find space

Hmm… shooting from range = greedy! He does it so much that of course a couple are going to fly in. Shouldn’t all professional footballers be good at all the other things you list? 

Perhaps my dislike of him is clouding my judgement.

5 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Hmm… shooting from range = greedy! He does it so much that of course a couple are going to fly in. Shouldn’t all professional footballers be good at all the other things you list? 

Perhaps my dislike of him is clouding my judgement.

No not really, plenty of footballers struggle with lots of the above.

Are you seriously trying to argue that Kane isn't a world class player here? If so I think your judgement is severely clouded yes.

Doubt anything will get concluded bout a contract until after the Euros. Read between the lines, the lad or his agent were waiting around last time to see if anyone more interesting would come in for him. He then only signed a 4 year contract, there is no way we didn't want 5 years for our most expensive players. So again, he or his agent has done that knowing that after two years some of the power slips back towards then in terms of being able to pressure a move should something else more lucrative (not just finances). 

I think it's simple, if a big club comes in and ponies up the cash he's likely to be gone, there aren't that many teams who can do that. So we're playing a waiting game now. Even if he does sign, my guess would be just a single year added to his contract near the end of the summer, and we're in this situation again next year. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Doubt anything will get concluded bout a contract until after the Euros. Read between the lines, the lad or his agent were waiting around last time to see if anyone more interesting would come in for him. He then only signed a 4 year contract, there is no way we didn't want 5 years for our most expensive players. So again, he or his agent has done that knowing that after two years some of the power slips back towards then in terms of being able to pressure a move should something else more lucrative (not just finances). 

I think it's simple, if a big club comes in and ponies up the cash he's likely to be gone, there aren't that many teams who can do that. So we're playing a waiting game now. Even if he does sign, my guess would be just a single year added to his contract near the end of the summer, and we're in this situation again next year. 

Although a lot of what you're saying is correct, we weren't quite as quick to chuff up the £30-40m for Tielemans. Had we agreed to that with Monaco then I've little doubt he'd have been willing to join us earlier. He'd told his agent that he didn't want to hang about but it was all part of the negotiation between clubs and players representatives.

If Youri wants to stay for another year then I suspect he is more than happy to get this agreed as soon as possible but whether he demands that from his agent or his agent knows that the longer it drags on in to the summer and possibly next season the more anxious we get in protecting our asset value in which we look to sell or offer more power (release clause) or more wages.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

They are discussing Harry Kane...

As you were :) 

Oh ****. My bad.

4 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

With you on that one. I still maintain that I can’t tell you what he’s good at. He’s slow, not great in the air etc - but he ain’t half greedy and likes to shoot. I can’t stand his voice either.

Has absolutely phenomenal movement, is strong enough to hold off most defenders, has decent ball control, works very hard and most importantly can finish from pretty much anywhere inside 20 yards. 

I don't particularly like the guy but it's pretty obvious by now he's good at a lot. 

• Like 2

I think a lot for Youri will depend on the clubs ambitions and I think as well as a pay rise, we need to convince him that we believe we can be a top club. It'll be an expensive summer if that is the case :D

I'm genuinely excited for this summer. It's quite clear where we need to improve and we seem to be targeting a quality calibre of player in their early 20s. If he's feeling settled, getting paid what he deserves, playing week in week out and enjoying his football then he'll see no reason to move. 

We can offer him 3 of the 4. The final part is making sure that he's enjoying his football. If he's stuck playing defensive football where the obsession is sitting deep and playing slow safety first football then I can imagine he'll want out pretty soon.

It's a huge transfer window where we need to bring in the kind of quality players that Youri deserves to be playing with.

If he does leave for a top club, then no hard feelings. It'll be tough for us as a club to lose a world class talent, but he's earned it.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I think a lot for Youri will depend on the clubs ambitions and I think as well as a pay rise, we need to convince him that we believe we can be a top club. It'll be an expensive summer if that is the case :D

I'm genuinely excited for this summer. It's quite clear where we need to improve and we seem to be targeting a quality calibre of player in their early 20s. If he's feeling settled, getting paid what he deserves, playing week in week out and enjoying his football then he'll see no reason to move. 

We can offer him 3 of the 4. The final part is making sure that he's enjoying his football. If he's stuck playing defensive football where the obsession is sitting deep and playing slow safety first football then I can imagine he'll want out pretty soon.

It's a huge transfer window where we need to bring in the kind of quality players that Youri deserves to be playing with.

If he does leave for a top club, then no hard feelings. It'll be tough for us as a club to lose a world class talent, but he's earned it.

We are going to have to generate an awful lot of money in the next year , to improve contracts and sign new players  and expand the stadium. Personally I have no idea where it will come from.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

We are going to have to generate an awful lot of money in the next year , to improve contracts and sign new players  and expand the stadium. Personally I have no idea where it will come from.

We need to improve our commercial income really. We're turning into quite a well known team and we need to be making the most of that. We're lightyears behind the "big 6" when it comes to commercial income.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Is that you, Susan? :unsure:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I'll be cheering on the leicester players not their countries through out because their performance concerns me more than their national teams. But as I am a leicester fan I'm an England fan and no amount of shite performances from either can unfortunately change that. So yea I hope the leicester players are great. I hope they're absolutley horrific if we play them to be honest. 

I was excited for every season in the championship on our descent and rise even when there wasn't really anything to be excited about. Literally anything can happen (as we proved in 15/16) and nothing will ever stop me dreaming lol

I'm not saying you specifically here but I do think that most who turn their back on England because they aren't winning things are the people who'll be off if we suddenly nose dive back down the leagues. 

I concur. All my life I have supported Leicester and England. For the majority of it the highs had been three league cup finals, a couple of brief goes at the UEFA Cup and a magical time in Italy in 1990 and England in 1996. Never quite the absolute highs.

Still, without League One, without Peter Taylor, without 2004-2008, without Graham Taylor, without Carlton Palmer, without 1992, 1994 and countless other times I would sooner forget...I could never really appreciate the highs as much as I do. 

So I thank all involved with Leicester and England during our terrible periods as you made the opposite extreme even more so.

P.S. I think Peter Taylor was involved in lows with both. Does that make him my hero???

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Fear not, Maddison’s new Fox and Crop range is going to push us to the next level.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Well, there is the new shirt sponsor, which is apparently a very lucrative deal. We have done well to slash the wage bill, as well, this season. Offloaded a lot of expensive deadwood. Another Europa League campaign secured, as well.

14 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

£30m per season for the next 3 seasons from our new Shirt Sponsor might help with that.

16 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I concur. All my life I have supported Leicester and England. For the majority of it the highs had been three league cup finals, a couple of brief goes at the UEFA Cup and a magical time in Italy in 1990 and England in 1996. Never quite the absolute highs.

Still, without League One, without Peter Taylor, without 2004-2008, without Graham Taylor, without Carlton Palmer, without 1992, 1994 and countless other times I would sooner forget...I could never really appreciate the highs as much as I do. 

So I thank all involved with Leicester and England during our terrible periods as you made the opposite extreme even more so.

P.S. I think Peter Taylor was involved in lows with both. Does that make him my hero???

I hope it doesn't because I don't want him to be mine too lol

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

FFS is this still being discussed.

As i've said previously, many times, Youri has no intention of going anywhere, he will sign a new deal and intends to spend the rest of his career here.

Great news... do you know when he will sign it... as then we can all relax