Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

This game and last he hasn’t been at his usual level… :( 

Just bad performances rather than anything else imo. 

The evidence was in that last minute free kick. He was so determined to win he took it early, not many would do that with a man down. But he clearly wanted to win the game 

• Like 1

On 15/09/2021 at 20:00, Muzzy_Larsson said:

It's all about opinions of course but I think he walks into most top sides in Europe. Real Madrid he'd definitely play, Man City he's a far better player than Rodri and an ageing Fernandinho, Bayern he may have more of a task on his hands with Kimmich and Goeretzka but he'd still have a fair chance.

Who is he displacing at Real Madrid, Modric or Kroos? Not exactly mugs. Rodri and Fernandinho are both better defensively than Tielemans. He could play for all those teams but I doubt he'd be an undisputed starter.

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Who is he displacing at Real Madrid, Modric or Kroos? Not exactly mugs. Rodri and Fernandinho are both better defensively than Tielemans. He could play for all those teams but I doubt he'd be an undisputed starter.

Part of Madrid’s issue has been being overly reliant on an ageing Modric and Kroos. Apart from Valverde they have literally no depth in those midfield positions. Modric may not even be there next summer as he only signed a one year extension. Looking at it in that sense there’d be plenty of opportunity for Youri to play.

He may not be as great defensively as both of the City players you mention but overall he is a better player imo and would add more to the Man City midfield than both players you mention. Given how dominant city are in possession anyway there is no need for more than one strong defensively minded midfield player, in the majority of games anyway.

The notion of an “undisputed starter” is perhaps an antiquated one when you look at these squads the very top teams assemble and how many games they play in quick succession. Man City are the best example of this where guys like Rodri that we mentioned are rotated fairly frequently. I’d imagine Tielemans would be no different.

It’s all down to opinions but for me he goes to pretty much any club in Europe and holds his own, he’s already doing this on an international level in one of the best nations in the world.

• Like 2

He was quite poor in my opinion when he came on. I saw the sub at half time and was hopeful he would start to control the game but he constantly lost the ball with his passing and trying to take players on.

He’s no where near his usual match sharpness.

• Like 2

I reckon Youri is like a chess player; he sees several moves ahead.

I don't think he was any more guilty than anyone else at giving the ball away last night - and that's credit to the Napoli press. Youri looks to orchestrate things but if the pass is not on, or it puts his team mate under pressure, then he doesn't play it. He's a master (imho) of turning away from danger and finding a simple pass, one that puts a team mate in space... but if there's nobody there, what can he do?

The free kick was a lapse, it happens. You can see what he was trying to do but this was a rare instance of him not thinking it through. I believe 'brain fart' in popular parlance. He's still by far and away the best, and most consistent, midfielder we have. His reading of the game is usually spot on, and the poise and simplicity with which he does things just reeks class and experience. I'll miss him when he's gone, just like I've missed other players that have stood out and contributed massively to the way we play. Cambiasso was one such.

• Like 1

Poor 45 minutes by his standards, I was at the Man City game on Saturday and thought the same, if he is ‘tired’ and ‘worn out’ from playing too much football then give him a few games in the stands, Soumare could do with a few consecutive games also Dewsbury Hall would benefit from a run.
Not happy with the way Tielemans is stringing the club and fans along, we all know he’s waiting for one of the big clubs to come in with a big money contract but it’s clear that they didn’t, my personal opinion is that he commits to LCFC with a clause that he can go at the right price (unlike Kante) but we look at the bigger picture and start playing Soumare or Dewsbury Hall, I know some will say why leave our best player out but he will be gone in January or next summer….

Up the City… :scarf:

I love Youri but I'll be honest I'm frustrated by the whole contract saga.  He has been treated well by the club and his comments and actions over the contract are frustrating.  If he wants to go I wish him well and he is clearly waiting for a big move but it does feel like he is keeping everyone hanging which is making me lose a little respect for him. Can't believe I said that! Sign it or don't Youri but make a decision.  I would be disappointed if he didn't sign with a clause he can leave as we would not get the value for him.  I'm just frustrated by it all and maybe naively thought more of Youri.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

We're really reaching if we're trying to make out Youri is the problem at the moment. He's a level or two above us

Tieleman is class...a cut of above where we presently find ourselves ...A Club competing and only challenging for the prizes...A Top 5-7 club...

But in the same vain ,he as Not reached yet or even shown ,he can Mix it with the Top 12 players in europe. 

his potential is there,he deserves to be recognized forr that potential...

If wont be Choice of club, that helps him to that high Level , But his own capabilities & levels he aspires to consistently reach.

LCFC Posters  always go  OTT, for looking for some obscure reasons...

I believe ALL the Euro-involved players, have some Catching up to do, and Football- tiredness has something to do with it...I

But that is also a mental & physical Skill set...I

Tielemans present & future on Field form, will Show where he will be remembered, Bit  not Non-irrelevant guesses of individual fans...

He is still growing into that potential...

11 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

We're really reaching if we're trying to make out Youri is the problem at the moment. He's a level or two above us

It's a bit of a cheap rhetorical trick reducing anyone criticising him to them saying he's our only problem.

No idea how you gradate your 'levels', but I presume you're saying he could play for anyone. For a god-tier player, it's surprising the number of times over the last couple of seasons the post-match threads are replete with 'he must be tired' comments.

No arguing from me that he's been a great acquisition for us, and often he's been next-level in games and done things none of our other players could, but he's also had regular patches of being pretty ordinary, and seems too easy for otherwise opposition players to negate.

28 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Tieleman is class...a cut of above where we presently find ourselves ...A Club competing and only challenging for the prizes...A Top 5-7 club...

But in the same vain ,he as Not reached yet or even shown ,he can Mix it with the Top 12 players in europe. 

his potential is there,he deserves to be recognized forr that potential...

If wont be Choice of club, that helps him to that high Level , But his own capabilities & levels he aspires to consistently reach.

LCFC Posters  always go  OTT, for looking for some obscure reasons...

I believe ALL the Euro-involved players, have some Catching up to do, and Football- tiredness has something to do with it...I

But that is also a mental & physical Skill set...I

Tielemans present & future on Field form, will Show where he will be remembered, Bit  not Non-irrelevant guesses of individual fans...

He is still growing into that potential...

Two seasons of finishing 5th don't count because after four games we're 9th?

4 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

Two seasons of finishing 5th don't count because after four games we're 9th?

I am obviously talking about the bigger picture...Not about Short period League positions slotting  into Top 10 - 6- 5th, or 4th..

Where do  we find ourselves as a Club & Squad presently..??

Sort of...Being mentioned in dispatches,Collecting an odd very occasional campaign-medal...

Though we can mingle with the big Boys of Europe,  we are far Off Automatic-membership...Which is still something to be Proud of

Some, Not all, want to try & guarantee regularly, the rest of their careers....national, & European-finals, Finishing with some piece of Glitter or other. 

By the EOS, he will be hitting that cross-roads, of hard descisions...

he's helped us to become competitive within the high-ranks,can he with other Quality-players from within, take us to that Next phase.... 

a Place on the head-table, with no fear of just being the Nights entertainment & interesting gossip..

Fans have to realise & understand, we are still at the very beginning of our journey, we might Need to see more comings & goings of a Tielemans

Player potential, before we even can Hope to Slip into that covetted consistent big 6-3 bracket..

Unlike last seasons group stage...In Napoli last night, we competed in and at a game-level, most-likely for the very first time. I Doubt that Atletico.Madrid,

were Kicking at this level Way back then...

So any negative vibes und moaning from last night...IMO were Way Off Target & Not unterstood

what our challenge to be competitive really,....Really means.!

for our Type of club, even trying to relate how far we have come, & how wide that chasm is we Need to traverse..

I Dong Think we were as had as some would have ( including media-clickbait), 

Napoli Quality of press & cutting Off space, were more the reason,

We couldnt control our own movement & quick-ball, than any poor onfield-game-management from our players....I

Es can rate..Tielemans,Ndidi, Soumare, Evans, "a.n.other". es much as we like,But even our Top players were faced with an oppo-squad club Teams

Quality & experience, that even at International level, would have rarely come up against...

We were far from poor we created Space & chances through the 90minutes, But Napoli on the night,played at Another/better  level,than our  fans could

participate and a Level that our aspiring Quality players would like to consistently  achieve. Including Tielemans..!!

Our fans as it seems, also Need Time to aclimatise...to what support,understanding patience it needs. 

And Not just be prepared to Sprout out  the easy,Lazy negatives