Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

I don't know why people have framed the Youri situation this summer / this season as some big mystery. 

It's obvious that he's a great player, he knows it, other clubs know it. He knows his contract is up next summer [correction: he knows he'll have 1 year left next summer], he knows he can play for pretty much any of the big clubs. He knows he's good enough and 'deserves' regular European football. 

There's obviously a question mark over whether we can provide that. And he stands to gain nothing from signing a contract with us in the summer window just gone or now. 

So he's waiting to see our season goes and what interest develops in January/next summer. 

I think if we get Top 4 or win the Europa he signs on, with everyone full in the knowledge that he'll still soon leave with a big fee to a big club, or we don't and he leaves sooner rather than later. 

Leaving, even on a reduced fee, is more valuable to us, having had his services for this season than selling him in the summer window just gone. 

Edited by Les-TA-Jon

52 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

I don't know why people have framed the Youri situation this summer / this season as some big mystery. 

It's obvious that he's a great player, he knows it, other clubs know it. He knows his contract is up next summer, he knows he can play for pretty much any of the big clubs. He knows he's good enough and 'deserves' regular European football. 

There's obviously a question mark over whether we can provide that. And he stands to gain nothing from signing a contract with us in the summer window just gone or now. 

So he's waiting to see our season goes and what interest develops in January/next summer. 

I think if we get Top 4 or win the Europa he signs on, with everyone full in the knowledge that he'll still soon leave with a big fee to a big club, or we don't and he leaves sooner rather than later. 

Leaving, even on a reduced fee, is more valuable to us, having had his services for this season than selling him in the summer window just gone. 

I agree with with everything you say, however there are elements to Youri's game that aren't perfect and he has had a couple of very ordinary spells at this club, it's been mentioned, I'm not sure how true it is, that Youri needs playing regularly to keep his rhythm or momentum up, an ordinary spell at Man U or some other top team and with the squads they have he could find himself out. Things didn't work out at Monaco. We might just be the perfect club for Youri.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

It's obvious that he's a great player, he knows it, other clubs know it. He knows his contract is up next summer, he knows he can play for pretty much any of the big clubs. He knows he's good enough and 'deserves' regular European football. 

.....contracts expires June 2023!!!

• Like 2

Realistically he’s been a great servant and we are likely to lose him. He’s not irreplaceable, but he’s a damn good player.

Definitely seems like there is a trend of younger players running down their contracts and leaving on a free to the bigger clubs. Hopefully this isn’t the case for long as it massively benefits the bigger clubs that can pay bumper wages to a large number of players.

With Youri likely to leave, with only 18 months left on his contract. I would guess he will be sold in the summer to recoup some of the money paid for him. Really hope he stays but if Barcelona, Real Madrid come in for him I will certainly wish him all the best. 

Interested to see how much our fans think we will get for him with one year left on his contract. Ings went for 30 million, I would hope we can get at least that. And we have Soumare as his replacement and maybe Praet to come back in. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Unique FC said:

With Youri likely to leave, with only 18 months left on his contract. I would guess he will be sold in the summer to recoup some of the money paid for him. Really hope he stays but if Barcelona, Real Madrid come in for him I will certainly wish him all the best. 

Interested to see how much our fans think we will get for him with one year left on his contract. Ings went for 30 million, I would hope we can get at least that. And we have Soumare as his replacement and maybe Praet to come back in. 

Ings has a ‘English’ premium and soton knew Villa had a lump of grealish dosh and Villa needed to do the deal before it leaked 

soumare isn’t youri - so we would have to evolve our way of playing 

praet is only coming back if he has a crap season - otherwise Torino are invoking their option to buy

If things are going badly in jan, could we perhaps try and sell YT then to maximise his fee?  

I'd say we put out the word (quietly) that whoever wants him in Jan can have him, make a bit of a bidding war of it I suppose. Wishful thinking, probably, but if we said £55+ add ons and bonuses (appearances, winning a cup, etc) and get some of the big boys biting, then that works for us. 

It might have to be that we do 2 years in, 1/2 years out of Europa and that's fine. For a club like us, that's amazing and if we can treat Youri right, that sends massive signals to the youngsters around the world who dream of UCL every week and big clubs. 

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Ings has a ‘English’ premium and soton knew Villa had a lump of grealish dosh and Villa needed to do the deal before it leaked 

soumare isn’t youri - so we would have to evolve our way of playing 

praet is only coming back if he has a crap season - otherwise Torino are invoking their option to buy

If things are going badly in jan, could we perhaps try and sell YT then to maximise his fee?  

Agreed, definitely can get the best fee for Youri in January, 

Youri might want to sit out his contract for 18 months and move for a free and get a massive signing on fee. Financially, probably for us better to sell in January. However I would keep until the summer to give us a chance of doing well in Europe. 

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Dunno if he's been overplayed or his head has been turned or what, but he's been desperately poor so far this season.

If we hadn't farmed out his only potential replacement in Praet we might have someone to rest him with.

I don't understand The Brendan and Praet situation and letting him go? He isn't even using KDH?  Youri looks knackered and fed up!

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino

Proper shrinking violet too. For the supposed manager on the pitch, he’s nowhere to be seen when the tough gets going

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

Still the only player in the team passing it forwards.

Dropping him would make us even worse. Not in good form yet has played a key role in goals in the last three league games.

Has been awful all season, but I still think it stems from the defence. Midfield is dropping back to compensate for our lack of stability, and then we can’t find the passes and get trapped in our own half. Only nacho can hold up the ball and he isn’t getting picked… 

• Like 3