Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

Tielemans is a destined to be a top player, the club will survive and life will continue.  He lacks pace and sometimes loses possession, and we as fans forgive him more than other players, because he has that "je ne sais quoi" when it comes to a sublime pass.  He is destined for a top club and with better players around him and more time on the ball, he will no doubt get even better.  Good luck to him if he goes, a footballer's career is short and he's given us 100% since he's been at our club and we can have no complaints.  A £100 mill training ground and good working enviroment is not going to keep players who could earn 250k plus a week!

• Like 3

We all know he'll leave us for bigger things but it's still horrible to hear the player say he's keeping his options open.

I think he'd be great for Man Utd or Liverpool, who could do with a central midfielder like him, but I hope he goes abroad. That said, I wouldn't begrudge seeing him win the PL.

Will always be one of the greatest LCFC players I've seen and will always be a hero for what he's helped us do here, including that goal to win us the FA Cup.

8 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

What a disgrace, make him train with the kids 

comments like these are a disgrace, the man just won you an FA CUP and holds no obligation to sign a new deal after his contract ends. Show some respect

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Simoken said:

comments like these are a disgrace, the man just won you an FA CUP and holds no obligation to sign a new deal after his contract ends. Show some respect

I love him but hes literally come out after what has been a naff start to the season saying he's considering his options, if this was paul pogba you'd all be slagging him 

If Youri leaves next summer, so be it, he's had a good run here and has been the keystone of making Brendan's style of play so successful for us. And it has, we've broken the top 6 2 years in a row, we've become established as one of the bigger hitters in the top league, things couldn't go much better.

In the style we play, the 'engine room' is crucial to how we play as a team, much more so than a counter attacking side. That's why Youri leaving would be a big blow. But it's okay, we've got terrific talent in the CM position, we'll be weakened but we'll be Okay.

Thing that would worry me is Ndidi following Youri, that's when the spine of our team starts to break up.

Sell at maximum profit. This winter if necessary. Can't believe that the club didn't know this was coming and hasn't been preparing for his sale. I love Youri but business is business and the model of this club is to sell and reinvest the profits in order to progress. It's the only way to maintain our position without the investment of wealthier owners.

I think this is a symptom of us always getting top dollar for our best players - not that I think that will change or should it for that matter. But if as a player your're not just greedy and want to make your move to a top club the easiest it can be , you let your contract run down. Him and his team were in no rush to sign for us until all options had been explored remember. Be a damn shame to see him go though. Love the guy

3 minutes ago, SO1 said:

the model of this club is to sell and reinvest the profits in order to progress. It's the only way to maintain our position without the investment of wealthier owners.

The key word is "progress" -- we finished 5th the last two years running, and won an FA Cup (and Community Shield) -- it's not progress to sell Youri for a little extra cash in January if it means sliding out of the European spots. Frankly, it's not progress to sell him with a year on his contract in the summer if we don't have a replacement bedded. It would be better to let him go on a free in 2023 if that's the only way to get his putative replacement ready.

2 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

The key word is "progress" -- we finished 5th the last two years running, and won an FA Cup (and Community Shield) -- it's not progress to sell Youri for a little extra cash in January if it means sliding out of the European spots. Frankly, it's not progress to sell him with a year on his contract in the summer if we don't have a replacement bedded. It would be better to let him go on a free in 2023 if that's the only way to get his putative replacement ready.

Free lol

3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

If he doesn't sign he could be sold in Jan. No way we can afford to let his contract run down

If that’s what he want to do, how can you stop him.

The reality is, he knows we’ll ask a big fee. But with a year left it’s probably half what we’d normally ask. A massive club is much more likely to take a punt on him at £30-40m than at £80m and he knows it.

So he’ll probably go in the summer, or sign an extension with a release to go to a champions league team for what he’d consider a reasonable price, unlikely to be much more than the numbers above.

In which case, it’s not worth our time paying him loads more for us to get a few million more in the summer when you’ll have to pay him millions more in wages etc.

• Like 3

The problem is the players and the agents hold all the power. 

Nothing we can do at all. We either let him go on a free and get the most out of him until his contract is up or sell him for probably half of his value. 

We, as well as most clubs outside of the elite have this issue. 

PSG are doing the same currently with Mbappe but just a more of an extreme situation as they could afford to make him stay. 

We on the other hand cant. If an elite club comes in for him and offers 45+ we will have to accept i would imagine. We know he is worth more, he knows he is worth more but no club will pay more in someone's final year. 

Edited by goose2010

He's been great for us and the FA Cup rightly seals his status here. No doubt he'll move on soon. Hope we get as best as we can financially. I think he lacks that very vital last bit of speed of thought and pace to be a truly world class player but good luck to the guy when he goes. Let's carry on with our model... 

Ahh this has gone on long enough now that it really does feel like his mind is drifting towards pastures new. Maybe it was last season but his heart was in it for us playing the way he did. Now sadly his heart is slowly not in it for us. He will put the effort as the professional he is but can we expect 110%? I doubt it? The signs are ominous in him not wanting to sign a contract thats plain to see. With news coming out of Manu that all they need is a quality midfielder like Youre and Liverpool already sniffing around he's gonna go. Don't know about the Barca link especially with their financial situation but the options are there. Once the bids start rolling in its all over. Until that fateful day give us a little more please Youre we still love you. Hope we make some good money from the inevitable sale. 

14 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Free lol

12 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

If he doesn't sign he could be sold in Jan. No way we can afford to let his contract run down

This isn't Football Manager!

Of course we "can afford to let his contract run down." We let Silva go on a free, and got barely anything for Slimani. Together that was more money than we paid for Youri, and strangely the club survived what was the equivalent of throwing money into a tip for squad members who contributed jack squat.

We would get maybe 50 million for Youri in January (but I doubt it, more like £35). Is that worth a midtable finish to the club? I don't think so.

So, yeah, I think they'd willingly pay Youri's salary and lose him on a free (if necessary) if they thought he was key to keeping us in the European spots. 

4 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Ahh this has gone on long enough now that it really does feel like his mind is drifting towards pastures new. Maybe it was last season but his heart was in it for us playing the way he did. Now sadly his heart is slowly not in it for us. He will put the effort as the professional he is but can we expect 110%? I doubt it? The signs are ominous in him not wanting to sign a contract thats plain to see. With news coming out of Manu that all they need is a quality midfielder like Youre and Liverpool already sniffing around he's gonna go. Don't know about the Barca link especially with their financial situation but the options are there. Once the bids start rolling in its all over. Until that fateful day give us a little more please Youre we still love you. Hope we make some good money from the inevitable sale. 

We're still a stepping stone and it will never change!

4 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I am not sure Youri's mind is drifting to new pastures -- might be, I don't know. I think he is a really, really smart guy. His agent is in the middle of contract negotiations, and he isn't going to tell a journalist anything. He acted the same way after his loan, but before he signed with us.