Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

He lost the ball a bit too much yesterday and that freekick was proper dumb stuff, but what he really brings to our game is a constant free option in midfield for the other players. So often he is available for a pass and therefore so important for the way we play. 

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

I think it’s best we try to sell him in January if he doesn’t sign a new contract soon 

Yes. Especially with publicly highlighting he isn't signing. It does feel like the start of a departure and I'd rather it happen sooner rather than later. 

5 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Yes. Especially with publicly highlighting he isn't signing. It does feel like the start of a departure and I'd rather it happen sooner rather than later. 

To be fair he never said whether he was or wasn’t signing a new deal, seemed to me like he just gave the most diplomatic answer possible to Sky Sports

Edited by moore_94

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

To be fair he never said whether he was or wasn’t signing a new deal, seemed to me like he just gave the most diplomatic answer possible to Sky Sports

I meant more with the fact that he isn't currently in the process of getting it signed, not a definitive. And also the 'yes exactly' to leaving his options open. That was pretty scurrilous. 

19 hours ago, tsintskaro said:

Love it when Tielemans have bad games its called that he is tired and worn out. When it comes to Maddison he never gets this kind of responses

...Maddison does not play the amount of games Youri plays all year round!!!

I find it extraordinary that players are still standing having completed a season to play in a European competition and then to embark on a new season, especially playing in that position which requires mental agility for two or three games a week throughout a season. 

Maddison's recent change of family situation, of course can impact his performances, and plenty of posters have espoused that factor as reason for his current dip in form.

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Understand this, but I really do think that would be cutting off our nose to spite our face.

Try this then. Drag him in to the office and say, “Sign the contract you ungrateful cnut muffin or you play with the development squad.”   Proper management that 🤣

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Understand this, but I really do think that would be cutting off our nose to spite our face.

The way he’s playing at the moment it’s not a massive loss.. this isn’t a dig at him btw he’s amazing usually but at the minute he’s nowhere near his best (like many others) 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Great assist for the goal, brilliant team goal in general really

https://streamja.com/wkORl

That goal was sexy football! Ball-playing centre back out to right full back bombing on on the overlap, plays the one two with the inside right forward with a brilliant backheel, to the central midfield play maker, peach of a cross to find our target man. And look at Harvey Barnes steaming in to get on the end of it in case Vardy didn't.

Everyone's disappointed with the result, but a team that can play football like that is not to be taken lightly. We've just got to do it more often.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That goal was sexy football! Ball-playing centre back out to right full back bombing on on the overlap, plays the one two with the inside right forward with a brilliant backheel, to the central midfield play maker, peach of a cross to find our target man. And look at Harvey Barnes steaming in to get on the end of it in case Vardy didn't.

Everyone's disappointed with the result, but a team that can play football like that is not to be taken lightly. We've just got to do it more often.

Reminded me very much of Vardys goal away at Spurs before Puel got binned. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...