Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

I think now is the time to cash in on him not sure he will be signing a new deal so why run the risk, need committed players should easily get £60m for him in January and that keeps Brendan happy and re-investing, he can get a lot more than the £100k a week we are offering elsewhere and ultimately we need to respect his wishes as well, he has just one season left on his contract come June ! Need to think about maximising our return on him 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

No chance if he knows club like that are interested. Our start to the season won't be helping things either. 

Good luck to him. 

Problem is at the moment both these Spanish Clubs are bankrupt.  He will most likely stay in the EPL.

Controversial take but I have come to accept that he will leave and that he perhaps should sooner rather than later. He’s been one of my favourite players ever since joining the club and the talent is there for all to see.

He hasn’t quite hit his stride yet this season although we have seen moments of excellence. You have to wonder whether this is just fatigue from the Euros or whether it is because his head has been turned. Even still he is a great asset to us but contract talks have been going on for an age now and there has been no movement at all. To me, that indicates that he is really keen on moving on and that he will be prepared to run down his contract in order to do so.

I have to assume that such a state isn’t great for unity within the dressing room when such a key player is known to be counting down the days to his exit. The trouble is that I can’t imagine many elite prem sides even wanting him. If Man City need a midfield replacement then it’d be for Fernandinho. Chelsea are stacked already and doing well, Man United likewise have options and other areas of urgency. Liverpool I could see it just because they need another quality midfielder but I honestly don’t see how Youri would fit into their system - they need someone with an engine on them and that’s not Youri. It seems likely then that there will be more clamour for him abroad but then there is the trouble of getting a bid in that we would be willing to accept and that’ll be harder if he continues not to perform and run down his contract. 

I would be looking for ~£60m plus add-ons and if someone comes in January with such an offer then I think we should sell.

He's going at the end of the season. Only chance we have of keeping him is if we win the EL or finish top 4, and even then he may go if an elite club come in for him. 

I just hope he signs a new contract with us, even if that means including a release clause like Grealish did for Villa so we have a guaranteed fee. The longer his contract runs down, the less leverage we have.  

• Like 1

This has been taken from an article that only suggests the likes of Barca and Madrid will be in for him. It states the fact that his contract is up in 18 months...nothing new and just the tabloids rerunning an article and making something out of it....i.e. clickbait. 

I do believe he'll sign a new contract with us but then also look to leave for a "bigger" club within the next 18 months. If he doesn't sign then expect him to leave for a reduced amount in July. The article leads off from us finding a replacement for him too so we'll do what we always do and trust the recruitment team to find the adequate replacement(s)

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

....call me naïve or fanciful, but I believe he will be here throughout his career and eventually end up managing the club!!!

We will probably find in a few years that he is doing his badges and will be a very young manager of the club. As I said probably fanciful but you never know.

surely if that was his intention, he would have signed the contract, thus giving him increased wages for a prolonged period of time

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

surely if that was his intention, he would have signed the contract, thus giving him increased wages for a prolonged period of time

....not if you are happy with your life and money is not the main element!!!

Plotting your way into management would be the main difficulty as you are looking for the club to agree to buy into you, and virtually guaranteeing a clear bath for the next 6 years. 

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....call me naïve or fanciful, but I believe he will be here throughout his career and eventually end up managing the club!!!

We will probably find in a few years that he is doing his badges and will be a very young manager of the club. As I said probably fanciful but you never know.

You're naive or fanciful.

I think it's quite clear that he won't be signing another contract, or staying for much longer even if he does. I think we probably signed Soumare in the knowledge that Youri would most likely leaving before too long. I think the emergence of KDH helps to soften the blow, as well.

I'd love it if he committed his future to us, but I don't think that's very realistic, so I just hope we can get a decent fee for him and reinvest it well.

• Like 3

The links to Madrid have been around for a while and they're more likely to make a move for Youri if Pogba signs a new contract at Man Utd. They will be after long term replacements for Kroos and Modric, with Youri's lower wage demands making him a more attractive deal even if the purchase fee will be higher.