Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

Him not being on top form is really one of the major issues we face right now. We simply have no one anywhere near his level to come in. If he gets a long term injury we will be truly in the sh*t.

The central midfield area is as much of an issue as the defence for me. It just isn't functioning well at all. Wilf is injured but he's been not as good this season just like Youri. Soumare doesn't seem up to it and KDH is basically a championship player, ok for the squad but not much else. Same with Hamza.

• Like 1

Playing like he’s not really wanting to be here unfortunately. Half hearted passing and not putting it in physically as much. Hoping he’s just knackered. Rodgers playing him every game can’t help. Maybe a sign of “well, he’s going, I’ll just play him as much as I can while I have him”. Bit like he did with Suarez, who carried LFC to second 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, reynard said:

Him not being on top form is really one of the major issues we face right now. We simply have no one anywhere near his level to come in. If he gets a long term injury we will be truly in the sh*t.

The central midfield area is as much of an issue as the defence for me. It just isn't functioning well at all. Wilf is injured but he's been not as good this season just like Youri. Soumare doesn't seem up to it and KDH is basically a championship player, ok for the squad but not much else. Same with Hamza.

I agree entirely with this but as things are KDH, Hamza and Soumaré are going to have to step up and see this as an opportunity to show us what they can do.

16 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Has been awful all season, but I still think it stems from the defence. Midfield is dropping back to compensate for our lack of stability, and then we can’t find the passes and get trapped in our own half. Only nacho can hold up the ball and he isn’t getting picked… 

He’s not been “awful” this season ffs, he set up goals in 2 of our last 3 league games, as of last week he’d made more progressive passes than anyone else in the league and generally speaking he is still the only player we have in the squad who seems capable of passing the ball forwards from midfield.

Near enough every decent attack we have involves Tielemans playing a 10-15 yard pass forwards through the centre of the pitch. These are risky and take a high level of skill to pull off (not to mention movement ahead of the passer). We saw it yesterday for the Vardy goal, that was all about one risky pass which totally opened up Palace. 

Imagine how boring we’d be without Tielemans in the side. We’d never cross the halfway line.

I think Youri's fed up with Brendan's awful negative philosophy. Last season his and Kel's performances were bailing out Rodgers game after game, this season the awful defensive apprehensive tactics have continued but he just isn't hitting the same ridiculous heights.

• Like 1

I love Youri, I think he is technically gifted. However, when things get hard, he does go missing. We need that cool head in the middle to put his foot on the ball and just control it. Whether it be the periods where we collapsed in the last two years or the period we are currently in, Youri has shown an inability to be that diamond in the rough. He needs to sort that if he really wants that elite club move AND starting position. 

8 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

We have no one who can come in for Your as he has clearly been well off his normal levels since the start of the Euros.

Selling Praet was a mistake as KDH does not look ready yet. 

We haven't sold him (yet) ;)

Edited by ClaphamFox

8 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

We have no one who can come in for Your as he has clearly been well off his normal levels since the start of the Euros.

Selling Praet was a mistake as KDH does not look ready yet. 

I would probably give KDH more of a chance than 70 odd minutes in a rotated team with 0 confidence

Wouldn’t be surprised if Praet would be injured if he stayed anyway, already out with a hamstring injury for Torino

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Nah he is about furthest you can get from being ITK, just a bit of a joke lol

Yh i had a look at some of his other inside info apparently his sources say maddison was gonna be dropped this was on the 20th after the brighton game where he got subbed at half time he's obviously just a guesser.

The last time Youri was this poor he lost his place to Praet in his first full season here. Dennis didn't have his range of passing but he worked bloody hard and right now Youri is drifting through games. But apart from Soumare, there's no real option to replace him.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, iancognito said:

The last time Youri was this poor he lost his place to Praet in his first full season here. Dennis didn't have his range of passing but he worked bloody hard and right now Youri is drifting through games. But apart from Soumare, there's no real option to replace him.

This is the nature of the problem - no one to replace him.  Tielemans' form is quite dismal and has been for a while, whatever the reason.  But we have no real options there, so he keeps playing every match and wearing himself down more and more.

I think Youri is at his best when he's part of a network in midfield - when we had that run of games with Praet and Castagne alongside him he was really electric.  But he struggles when he's on an island by himself - partly because of his lack of physicality and partly because he's better as a conductor than a soloist. 

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

This is the nature of the problem - no one to replace him.  Tielemans' form is quite dismal and has been for a while, whatever the reason.  But we have no real options there, so he keeps playing every match and wearing himself down more and more.

I think Youri is at his best when he's part of a network in midfield - when we had that run of games with Praet and Castagne alongside him he was really electric.  But he struggles when he's on an island by himself - partly because of his lack of physicality and partly because he's better as a conductor than a soloist. 

Agreed, particularly the latter. Possibly if we were using him that way now his form wouldn't look quite so poor either. To use him in a two where most of his duties are defensive and he's being overrun is a criminal waste of a young talent imo.

• Like 1