Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

It'll soon be ultimatum time with him where he has to make his intentions clear and we can decide whether to sell him it not. 

I doubt this season we'll be successful enough to convince him to stick with the Leicester city project and he probably thinks he can't take us any further which would all be understandable.

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

All true. At the end of the day in fairness to him, it's not about loyalty, it's about his future and his ambitions and you can't blame him for that. If he could look at us and be convinced that if he stayed for another couple of years with regular football, it could enhance his chances of the 'big' move with regular football, then he might have stayed. However, after two top 4 failures, in the fashion in which it unnecessarily occurred, combined the current situation with a manager who isn't exactly convincing of being able of managing a top 4 team in Europe, even if he had a few more players, then I couldn't personally blame him for looking elsewhere. 

Not quite sure how you’ve turned a manager who convinced him to sign for us and got him playing his best ever football and who Youri has said he has a lot of respect for, into the reason that Youri now wants to leave? There’s no way he’s leaving for anything to do with Rodgers, he wants to play for one of the best/biggest teams in the world, which we are not, no matter what Rodgers/Leicester does. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Not quite sure how you’ve turned a manager who convinced him to sign for us and got him playing his best ever football and who Youri has said he has a lot of respect for, into the reason that Youri now wants to leave? There’s no way he’s leaving for anything to do with Rodgers, he wants to play for one of the best/biggest teams in the world, which we are not, no matter what Rodgers/Leicester does. 

Fair play to Rodgers on that one, massively playing the long game

B*ll*cks, just realised you probably mean sign permanently lol 

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 1

I'll be honest I'm disappointed with Youri. OK he wants to keep his options open but the club has been good to him and by him not making a decision could most likely be effecting morale in the team. Just make your mind up Youri.  I guess naively I thought better of him!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dusty said:

Here's me thinking that it was Claude Puel that first got him interested in Leicester City. Whilst I'm sure Rodgers had input, I think Puel, the owners  other staff, the club itself and playing staff also sold it. Youri, like any other player is never going to say he doesn't respect his manager in public and it's most likely true anyway why shouldn't it be. Neither am I remotely saying that Rodgers is the sole reason why he'd want to leave either as you suggest.  But, I am saying that at this point in time,  he will see the limitations of our club, particularly in light of the capitulations in the last two years that are clearly not just down to injuries or squad depth.

7 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I don't think I've actually ever seen Tielemans control a game, he has great talent for the odd great pass but controlling, not for me yet. That's not a criticism because he's young and those sort of midfielders are quite rare in reality and I suspect, he's also slightly overrated at this point in his career by adoring blue tinted fans. He could be a complete and quite a controlling midfielder in the future but he got quite a long way to go yet. Whether it's Real Madrid, Liverpool or Manchester City, I don't think any of them would view him much higher than a great prospect they can work on. 

.....very much this, he is not a leader on the pitch and as such we need someone beside him who can do this or someone to replace him who can lead!!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....very much this, he is not a leader on the pitch and as such we need someone beside him who can do this or someone to replace him who can lead!!!

The only shouty man, bossy b*****d in the entire squad is Ryan Bertrand and everybody seems to think he's crap.

6 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

It'll soon be ultimatum time with him where he has to make his intentions clear and we can decide whether to sell him it not. 

I doubt this season we'll be successful enough to convince him to stick with the Leicester city project and he probably thinks he can't take us any further which would all be understandable.

I think it’s pretty clear what his intentions are, he’s off, sell him in the summer to the highest bidder. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

Exactly, the interview when he said he was leaving his options open, well that suits him, but it's the worst possible thing for the team and club. He had been great for us, up until then, and I would love it if he decided to stay but as you say if he's not made his mind up we are better finding out ASAP so we can start scouting a replacement who is ready to go in to the team right away. I also wouldn't be surprised if the club aren't coming to the same conclusion. Having someone around that isn't fully committed, and he can't be if he is not signing a new contract, is no good for anyone.  

I'm sure the club are fully aware and making preparations.

If it wasn't for the financial plight of many European teams, and Liverpool being such tight bast**ds, I think there's a good chance he would've been sold in the summer just gone.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Okeyanthony said:

Kelechi injured in the first half of National team game. Subbed out. 

Hopefully nothing serious:

Injured 17th min, carried on til half time and subbed off. Maybe precautionary... 

Had a mare today, I think he just needs a break. Fitness has always been one of his weak points but he's been played 2 years straight for us with a Euros in between and it's starting to catch up with him.

24 minutes ago, Devohn said:

Had a mare today, I think he just needs a break. Fitness has always been one of his weak points but he's been played 2 years straight for us with a Euros in between and it's starting to catch up with him.

I don't think his fitness has up until this season. I've got a feeling this whole contract situation could be playing on his mind?

He's the kind of player where you keep playing him because he plays himself into form. So maybe he does need a break now and that will handily, yet unintentionally, come right now after this game. Over a week's break before the Man Utd game now. 

I've never known a player given so many excuses by fans for his lean spells .

Don't get me wrong i love him to bits and I'm desperate for him to stay . 

But he does have spells were he's not up to his usual standard . Fine for us but i wonder how much patience a " big club would have for him .

12 minutes ago, los dedos said:

But he does have spells were he's not up to his usual standard . Fine for us but i wonder how much patience a " big club would have for him .

Is any player at the top of their game continually? 

30 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Bit like when we had Riyad, we were blinded by his capability.

In my humble opinion Tielemans is at his level with us...no chance he will ever be a starter for a big club there's just not enough in his locker...he shows touches of class but also shows touches of a donkey at times....sorry if anyone disagrees but for me he is just not an £80 million player 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, tickler28 said:

In my humble opinion Tielemans is at his level with us...no chance he will ever be a starter for a big club there's just not enough in his locker...he shows touches of class but also shows touches of a donkey at times....sorry if anyone disagrees but for me he is just not an £80 million player 

.....I think we can get that much, but otherwise you are right in your assessment!!!