Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

1 hour ago, los dedos said:

I've never known a player given so many excuses by fans for his lean spells .

Don't get me wrong i love him to bits and I'm desperate for him to stay . 

But he does have spells were he's not up to his usual standard . Fine for us but i wonder how much patience a " big club would have for him .

Because like Mahrez before him and Vardy now, players can build up a bit of capital in the bank. We know how good these players are, unlike Ryan Bertrand for example and Vestergaard who we are more frustrated with because they haven’t built up that capital based on previous performance.

I am always willing to give a player who has played a pivotal role in us winning some silverware a bit more slack.

We also know, when he returns to form he is our best player - we don’t need to consistently slate players who are out of form.

I don’t think Tielemans is going to be as easy to sell as many believe, even if he regains his form.  He’s a very, very good player when he’s right.  But he’s a squad player on one of the truly huge clubs, though, and those are the only ones likely to step up with 50 million-plus offers.  Which of course they won’t do for a squad player.  For teams at around our level he’s a coup for sure, but will they have that kind of money to splash?

• Like 1

Rodgers has been flogging him for quite a while now mainly because he hasn't got a stand in. However Youri  should tell him he is knackered and needs a break. One of his great attributes is he is rarely injured so gets no time off for that. Having said that almost everybody on here who predicts teams, sticks him in it. He is pretty nearly burnt out now and you are seeing it on the pitch.

Not sure why there's this great conspiracy about why Tielemans is struggling at the moment. He's struggled with us before, he's struggled at Monaco - this is nothing new. I am sure he will turn it round and get back to his best before too long, but his inconsistency is why he moved from Monaco to us rather than elsewhere. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Not sure why there's this great conspiracy about why Tielemans is struggling at the moment. He's struggled with us before, he's struggled at Monaco - this is nothing new. I am sure he will turn it round and get back to his best before too long, but his inconsistency is why he moved from Monaco to us rather than elsewhere. 

Maybe he's trying to push his price down........

I'm not serious about this.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Rodgers has been flogging him for quite a while now mainly because he hasn't got a stand in. However Youri  should tell him he is knackered and needs a break. One of his great attributes is he is rarely injured so gets no time off for that. Having said that almost everybody on here who predicts teams, sticks him in it. He is pretty nearly burnt out now and you are seeing it on the pitch.

But Tielemans and Rodgers are on the record saying he likes to play as many games as possible to stay in a rhythm?

If it's anyone to make this call, it's Rodgers to say I understand you want to play but maybe some time out might be beneficial?

Obviously, we're not close enough to suggest whether that is the right decision. 

10 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....no, not many are so consistently poor!!!

Given far too many games, the mantra is he needs to play to maintain his rhythm but he is out of form and back on form too often, he is given too much license.

Words fail me. Youri is "consistently poor"?!  

I'll admit he has been below his best in recent weeks but he still has 3 goal involvements in 7 PL matches, despite playing in a deep lying midfield role and the team's poor overall form. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I don’t think Tielemans is going to be as easy to sell as many believe, even if he regains his form.  He’s a very, very good player when he’s right.  But he’s a squad player on one of the truly huge clubs, though, and those are the only ones likely to step up with 50 million-plus offers.  Which of course they won’t do for a squad player.  For teams at around our level he’s a coup for sure, but will they have that kind of money to splash?

You could be right which could be worrying as he may just run his contract down and join a big club on a free. He would have a pick of many clubs on a free as there is little risk to them other than wages and signing on fee

Agree that Tielemans hasn't been his best but realistically, Vardy and Castagne are the only players in the whole squad that have played to a consistent level. Lookman and Kelechi have looked good but havent played much, we all know the defence and at times Kasper have been tripe and even Ndidi has had off games. Barnes has been way below the level we expect as well plus Ricardo still seems to be struggling after his bad injury even though he's been back nearly a year. One thing is for certain, we need to look at getting a Jonny Evans replacement by next summer. It's clear none of our current centre backs are near his level (fofana being the best but still young and inexperienced), so we really could do with an experienced, commanding centre back. Unfortunately players at the level of Evans aren't easy to come by so the scouting team have a serious job on their hands.

45 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Words fail me. Youri is "consistently poor"?!  

I'll admit he has been below his best in recent weeks but he still has 3 goal involvements in 7 PL matches, despite playing in a deep lying midfield role and the team's poor overall form. 

....with his talent and having been played in almost every game, the law of averages would dictate he would have some involvement in our goals scored!!!

He has not been good this season, he gives the ball away a lot and with the workload he has been given with domestic and International football it has taken it's toll. Time to take him out of the firing line as we have with Madders and find another way to grind out points for the team.

Even if we have to win ugly and be more pragmatic in our play, but there is a reason why we are adding depth to our squad, we just need to use it better.

15 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....with his talent and having been played in almost every game, the law of averages would dictate he would have some involvement in our goals scored!!!

He has not been good this season, he gives the ball away a lot and with the workload he has been given with domestic and International football it has taken it's toll. Time to take him out of the firing line as we have with Madders and find another way to grind out points for the team.

Even if we have to win ugly and be more pragmatic in our play, but there is a reason why we are adding depth to our squad, we just need to use it better.

Tell that to Maddison and is it 18 games now without a goal or an assist?

Even an off-form Tielemans creating things like his touch for the second goal last Sunday is vital to us. We’d be screwed at the moment without that and would have lost more games than we have.

11 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I didn’t see the Belgium game tonight but it certainly seems as if Youri’s mind is elsewhere at the moment. He’s had quiet spells before for us but nothing like this. 

Looking at the highlights on Sky Sports seems he had a night to forget. Gave away a sloppy pen and got done too easily by Mbappe for Benzema’s goal.

4 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

He’s world class. 

Of course you can name 5 other players that have worn the Leicester shirt that Real Madrid were linked with…? 

Gary Lineker  maybe. Frank McLintock , Alan Clarke. Youri is a very good player but as I have said , he is no De Brunye . However with the right midfield partners he could be extremely good. Why is that? He has the most crucial thing for a top footballer- a brain.

• Like 2

Good Lord, your comment is based on some tenuous link that makes him world class.Whilst all our views on our best players are subjective , I think when you say ever you actually mean the last 3 seasons!

Either that or you are 10 years old and have no long term memory of genuine great players.

To say he is in the top 5 in our history is really just nonsense, he is a quality player but hardly world class , get real.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

What’s your definition of world class, because he wouldn’t fit mine. He’s no where even remotely consistent enough in his performances to be classed at that level just yet.

Being able to see/do things that only a limited number of players can do and able to play at the very highest level (Barcelona, Madrid, Bayern Munich, ‘big 6’ etc) without looking out of place.

Tielemans spots and plays passes that not many can (see the assist for Vardy at Brighton last season). That FA Cup winner, there are a limited number of players in world football who can do that on that kind of stage. He is top top quality and starting to pretend he isn’t because he’s been in average form in a team that’s been playing poorly and because he came out and said he might leave is pretty petty.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Being able to see/do things that only a limited number of players can do and able to play at the very highest level (Barcelona, Madrid, Bayern Munich, ‘big 6’ etc) without looking out of place.

Tielemans spots and plays passes that not many can (see the assist for Vardy at Brighton last season). That FA Cup winner, there are a limited number of players in world football who can do that on that kind of stage. He is top top quality and starting to pretend he isn’t because he’s been in average form in a team that’s been playing poorly and because he came out and said he might leave is pretty petty.

It’s not the first time he’s been average to poor though, he was gubbins his first real season. And people kicking a ball into the net from distance (once) is no signal of a world class player.

He can be brilliant yes, but what is define as world class players are metronome like in their consistency, he isn’t. He’s good enough when on form to propel our entire team up a level, but world class? Not yet. 

And let’s get it right, there is a difference between “world class”, “top quality”, neither have a set definition but you will illicit a different response from people.