Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

Guest StevieLynex

The media would like us to believe that we are watching so many 'world class' footballers. In reality, this is not the case. Youri is a good player, but nowhere near world class. He's probably at the level of Tim Cahill, and he certainly wasn't world class

I think we have let YOURI down , in that we should have spent some decent money on another class attacking midfielder and played with 3 in the middle of the park . 
youri , ndidi , ????

that would have taken the pressure of YOURI to allways come up with the big plays , just my thoughts 

• Like 3

Nowhere near world class. Those suggesting he is no nothing about football. World class footballers influence every game positively. There are a handful of world class footballers and then the next tier is top players. He’s in the top players category. He’s nowhere near the level of a messi, ronaldo, de bruyne, Kanye, Salah, VVD, Neymar. Come on be realistic… he’s nowhere near those mentioned.

• Like 1

He's not a world class player but i genuinely think he was world class last season. He was in a side that had constant injuries and poor form around him, yet he was making unreal passes and just generally being top class week in week out for the whole season, with a harvey barnes level midfielder (who is still good) playing in place of tielemans i honestly think we finish 8th-10th last season and get nowhere near the FA cup. He was dragging us out of it week in week out and if you judge him on that season alone he would be in the top 5 players in our history (19/20 and this year have been kind of dross though). His performances won us the FA cup, in terms of individual performance in a season for Leicester i think only vardy, mahrez, kante, schmeichel and morgan (also maybe fuchs) in 15/16 have been at the same level in terms of a singular season.

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

I think we have let YOURI down , in that we should have spent some decent money on another class attacking midfielder and played with 3 in the middle of the park . 
youri , ndidi , ????

that would have taken the pressure of YOURI to allways come up with the big plays , just my thoughts 

...you obviously do not believe Soumare will fit the role required to support or supplement Youri!!!

I am confident that he will become the player that elevates us  and allows Youri to perform more consistently and will require us to move to a standard three in the middle. Playing a "Flat three" will not suit the personnel at the club at the moment and a triangular shape where Ndidi is the nearest to the backline with a box-to-box (Soumare) player and Youri creating.

Playing a "split diamond"  with Vardy at the Apex and Barnes and Lookman forming the second triangle, and the trick is to link the two triangles and keep the fluidity. At the moment I do not feel we are comfortable with each other or the way we have been asked to play. Just working within the individual groups would make the individuals more comfortable with what they have to do. 

Anyone who genuinely doesn’t think Youri is world class are just bitter. He is without doubt world class but hasn’t been great this season due to having to dominate midfield even more than usual because of the dross behind him.

He was fantastic in the Wolves game I remember, scored with 10 men vs West Ham. 2 great assists for Vardy vs Brighton And Burnley and started the move at Palace for Vards goal again.

Hes instrumental and don’t underestimate how good he is because of the idiots we are covering for this year.

Also 19/20 seems to be brought up as a narrative that he was poor. He was fantastic in the first half of that season and only a few poor games(again when we as a team were awful) muddied his levels.

I still think benching him for the must win Brighton home game just after lockdown was the start of the reason we bottled top 4 that year.

He is not just world class but in the top 4/5 players we’ve ever had.

I only have Vardy Kante 100% above him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Anyone who genuinely doesn’t think Youri is world class are just bitter. He is without doubt world class but hasn’t been great this season due to having to dominate midfield even more than usual because of the dross behind him.

He was fantastic in the Wolves game I remember, scored with 10 men vs West Ham. 2 great assists for Vardy vs Brighton And Burnley and started the move at Palace for Vards goal again.

Hes instrumental and don’t underestimate how good he is because of the idiots we are covering for this year.

Also 19/20 seems to be brought up as a narrative that he was poor. He was fantastic in the first half of that season and only a few poor games(again when we as a team were awful) muddied his levels.

I still think benching him for the must win Brighton home game just after lockdown was the start of the reason we bottled top 4 that year.

I massively disagree about him being fantastic in the first half of 19/20. I remember plenty of us calling for him to be dropped in October time that season. If anything he was about the only player who improved as that season went on.

Guest StevieLynex
2 hours ago, cropstonfox said:

He's no Gary McMcAllister

check his honours and he served us for 5 years.

Neither is he Andy Peake

On 09/10/2021 at 09:40, deanolegend1989 said:

We love overrating players in this Country. Youri is a very good player, and I agree one of the best we've ever had, but World Class is totally different. World Class is being consistent, influencing every game, turning up in big games..

World Class players would get into any team in the World. You really think Youri would get in a side like Bayern Munich? 

People use "World Class" all the time but in reality there's only a handul of World Class players.

I agree with your post generally but I just think he's a couple levels below "World Class".

edit: To add, I don't think there's many better central midfielders in the league, but I don't think there's many great central midfielders in the league though. Certainly not like 10-15 years ago when the league had the likes of Scholes, Keane, Vieira, Gerrard, Makelele..

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

Guest StevieLynex
4 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Agree. He's just not a good enough athlete to be "world class". Which means he often gets overrun by technically inferior players who simply get around the pitch better.

Concur with you. Lack of an 'engine' is his weak point - and he won't be able to change that

4 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Agree. He's just not a good enough athlete to be "world class". Which means he often gets overrun by technically inferior players who simply get around the pitch better.

You can be a player who doesn't run and be world class. Jorginho and Thiago are two examples but Tielemans isn't as good as either so you're right.

Guest StevieLynex
3 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

You can be a player who doesn't run and be world class. Jorginho and Thiago are two examples but Tielemans isn't as good as either so you're right.

Jorginho is not better than Youri. He was useless until Tuchal came along. Not sure that Thiago has done much at Liverpool to be considered above Youri

Just now, StevieLynex said:

Jorginho is not better than Youri. He was useless until Tuchal came along. Not sure that Thiago has done much at Liverpool to be considered above Youri

You on glue? Thiago and Jorginho played central midfield for the last two teams to win the Champions League. You know Thiago had a career before he signed for Liverpool, right? This website man. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Concur with you. Lack of an 'engine' is his weak point - and he won't be able to change that

He is always going to have to hold the ball up because he is not quick enough to evade the press. Pirlo , of course , was even slower but his body strength and superb skill made it very difficult to dispossess him. Youri should get stronger as time goes on and that will give him a fraction  more time to get the passes away.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

He’s nowhere near them two. Come on…. Blue tinted specs.

5 minutes ago, frany104 said:

He’s nowhere near them two. Come on…. Blue tinted specs.

His range of passing and goal contributions are a lot better than the 2 mentioned. I think they play different roles tbf. Jorginho is the pendulum for Chelsea very consistent. But I can’t understand the hype for Thiago. I’ve never watched him play and been wowed by him, he’s a very meh player as far as I’m concerned. For the record I’d have youri over both mentioned

Edited by It'sblueupnorth