Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

2 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

His range of passing and goal contributions are a lot better than the 2 mentioned. I think they play different roles tbf. Jorginho is the pendulum for Chelsea very consistent. But I can’t understand the hype for Thiago. I’ve never watched him play and been wowed by him, he’s a very meh player as far as I’m concerned. For the record I’d have youri over both mentioned

That’s why both Thiago and Jorginho have played for the top clubs on Europe and have both won the champs league….. and Youri plays for Leicester. Watch Thiago at Bayern.. different class to Youri.

11 minutes ago, frany104 said:

That’s why both Thiago and Jorginho have played for the top clubs on Europe and have both won the champs league….. and Youri plays for Leicester. Watch Thiago at Bayern.. different class to Youri.

Football isn’t linear, youri has been linked with Man U, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Liverpool etc. Fabrizio has basically said he’ll be on his way this summer to a top team. At youris age now, Jorginho was at Napoli, hardly a European superpower, although much bigger than Leicester granted. I’m sure Thiago was a decent player in his prime you don’t play for Barca and Bayern if you’re no good, but to say you’d rather have Thiago over Tielemans at this time is wrong imo. Even in his poor form youri has as many goals and assists this season as Thiago has for Liverpool since signing for them

• Like 2

Guest StevieLynex
1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

You on glue? Thiago and Jorginho played central midfield for the last two teams to win the Champions League. You know Thiago had a career before he signed for Liverpool, right? This website man. 

This time last year, Jorginho was a shambles. If Thiago is such a great player was his 'greatness' restricted to his time before he played for Liverpool. If that's the yardstick, Perez may have been world class

Guest StevieLynex
22 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

I’m sure Thiago was a decent player in his prime you don’t play for Barca and Bayern if you’re no good, 

Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting has played for PSG and Bayern

On world class players we’ve only had 3 in our history in my books - my definition of world class would be at that time they get into any starting XI in the world.

Banks

Mahrez

Kante

I would say Tielemans last season was as close to it as we’ve seen since Kante and Mahrez left.

What should be remembered is that we have witnessed 2 of those 3 in the last few years and with Ricardo pre injury, Vardy and Tielemans we’ve come very close to having 3 more.

Fofana also has a chance of getting there if he continues to develop when he returns from injury.

Barnes could also have a really high ceiling if he can consistently do what he was doing just before his injury last season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

On world class players we’ve only had 3 in our history in my books - my definition of world class would be at that time they get into any starting XI in the world.

Banks

Mahrez

Kante

It’s blue tinted specs I know but it’s got to be hard to leave Vardy off that list. Granted he’s not the same as a Messi or Ronaldo but he’s world class at what he does. Especially the 15/16 season, he was ridiculous.

But yeah, Youri is top quality but not quite there. He has been carrying us at times though which doesn’t help.

19 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I think world class these days is a lower standard than it used to be . Ten years ago we had some of the greatest players of all time in their prime. Only perhaps Mbappe is really playing at that level now.

Id argue Haaland is miles ahead of Mbappe atm

18 minutes ago, filbertway said:

He certainly is very good but Mbappe has that touch of genius to me. Its all a matter of opinion but Ronaldo and Messi of ten years ago were at a totally different level.

12 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

He is always going to have to hold the ball up because he is not quick enough to evade the press. Pirlo , of course , was even slower but his body strength and superb skill made it very difficult to dispossess him. Youri should get stronger as time goes on and that will give him a fraction  more time to get the passes away.

I think Pirlo is a good example of the type of world class Tielemans 'could' become. The sort of passes Pirlo could perform with regularity and not just one per match, were achieved partly because of the extra split seconds of time he was afforded.

Some of that would be available due to the work and calibre of the players around him which sometimes in the sort of midfield set up Rodgers employs, Tielemans doesn't have the luxury of as he's expected to complete other more mundane duties also. The majority of the extra snippets of extra time Pirlo would get though, I would argue, was as you suggest, due to his body strength (often underestimated), incredible skill level and phenomenal ability to find little pockets of space.

Tielemans is nowhere near a Pirlo yet and therefore nowhere near world class except through very blue tinted glasses. However, that is hardly a criticism at his young age as you shouldn't reasonably expect it from him yet. Our midfield set up certainly doesn't help him for the majority of matches but, his radar is innate and, given the right surroundings could be nurtured and develop.

How could we help him? Well personally I think that when fit, two midfield partners of Ndidi and Soumare (when fully up to speed) could serve to protect him, give those extra small moments of time and bring the best out of him. Clearly that has formation implications but we have ample personnel to fulfil it to my mind.

The betterment and development of his career would be a significant consideration for him moving just as much as money I think. He may just feel that albeit that he has the utmost time and respect for Rodgers, he might not feel that the way he likes to try and play his football or set his teams up is commensurate with what he and his advisors think he needs for his best personal development at this point in time. Whatever he chooses I wish him well. 

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

I think world class these days is a lower standard than it used to be . Ten years ago we had some of the greatest players of all time in their prime. Only perhaps Mbappe is really playing at that level now.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Lewandowski also. Been the best centre forward in the World for the last couple of years.

7 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Banks

Mahrez

Kante

I would say Tielemans last season was as close to it as we’ve seen since Kante and Mahrez left.

What should be remembered is that we have witnessed 2 of those 3 in the last few years and with Ricardo pre injury, Vardy and Tielemans we’ve come very close to having 3 more.

Fofana also has a chance of getting there if he continues to develop when he returns from injury.

Barnes could also have a really high ceiling if he can consistently do what he was doing just before his injury last season.

World class is all subjective I suppose as we all set our bars differently. Nobody is right or wrong, even professionals disagree. 

For example, Marhez, although brilliant at some of the individual things he does, is not even close for me and we Leicester supporters may be just a little biased. I doubt his name would come to mind for many other club's supporters. I also think that to be world class, you have to perform to a certain level consistently over quite a long period of time as Banks did and Kante continues to do, Messi and Ronaldo being perhaps the best examples of that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Gotta be a shout for Lineker also. His goalscoring record wherever he went was unreal, plus for England. He's one of England's greatest ever strikers, let alone one of ours.

I think Lineker, whilst brilliant for us, wasn’t world class when he played for us. No doubt he went on to be a world class player, not sure he was quite there when he left for Everton. The 86 World Cup he announced himself on the scene as a genuine world class striker.

17 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Lewandowski also. Been the best centre forward in the World for the last couple of years.

I think they're different kinds of strikers, Mbappe will gladly run the channels and can carry the ball past men for fun, whereas Lewandowski just has an incredible knack for scoring goals.

Haaland appears to be a hybrid of the two and looks to me like he'll be the best striker in the world for a long time. I can't understand why Man City didn't sign him this summer.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

World class is all subjective I suppose as we all set our bars differently. Nobody is right or wrong, even professionals disagree. 

For example, Marhez, although brilliant at some of the individual things he does, is not even close for me and we Leicester supporters may be just a little biased. I doubt his name would come to mind for many other club's supporters. I also think that to be world class, you have to perform to a certain level consistently over quite a long period of time as Banks did and Kante continues to do, Messi and Ronaldo being perhaps the best examples of that.

Mahrez is a really subjective one, unlike the other two. But a Premier League, PFA Footballer of the Year, Highest ranked player outside of Spain in the Balloon D’Or, 17 goals and a bag full of assists in 15/16 gets you pretty close to world class.

Mahrez that season is as good as anything you’ll ever likely see in a Leicester shirt.

That goal away at Man City was outrageous.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I think they're different kinds of strikers, Mbappe will gladly run the channels and can carry the ball past men for fun, whereas Lewandowski just has an incredible knack for scoring goals.

Haaland appears to be a hybrid of the two and looks to me like he'll be the best striker in the world for a long time. I can't understand why Man City didn't sign him this summer.

47 goals in 48 appearances in the Bundesliga so far, ages 18-21.  I don't think people appreciate just how much of a freak Haaland is.

7 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Banks

Mahrez

Kante

I would Argue there have been Worldwide W.Class Players who have Not been Internationally selected....

Und to carry on with Leicester 100% players missed from your list & still Leaving out possibles.

Shilton..( Older  Leicester fans are stlll split ...Banks-Shilton has our best GK..whatever both deffo-WClass),

Lineker

Vardy....( Europe & World were Shitting themselves,  but  the English Management were morans

Rodriguez..

Rowley 

Weller...most underrated English player...But  Sexton & Chelsea players called him Wclass, so that does it for me..

In Dispatches while other International managers,in Harder & Media periods.mentioned them 

Cross

Whitworth

Consistency,High-End performer, hohned in natural skills & where possible,also on European & world stage,

but exceptions like mentioned above,  makes World class

England as other countries have billittled the International level choice, by selecteting every Tom ,dick n Harry