Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we have a over reliance on Youri!!!

With the talent that Man. City have available, rotation would be a major factor.

The options we have to give Youri a break are limited, Maddison , who has the class but is out of form  and defensively not so good or KDH who would need a big step up. I think Soumaré is still too far behind premiership pace for the job.

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The options we have to give Youri a break are limited, Maddison , who has the class but is out of form  and defensively not so good or KDH who would need a big step up. I think Soumaré is still too far behind premiership pace for the job.

This season, being kind, Youri also has been off the PL pace this season...also for Belgium exactly when needed.

Like England their best players took them close,but in the End, just also rans...That said they competed & entertained..

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Mahrez is a really subjective one, unlike the other two. But a Premier League, PFA Footballer of the Year, Highest ranked player outside of Spain in the Balloon D’Or, 17 goals and a bag full of assists in 15/16 gets you pretty close to world class.

Mahrez that season is as good as anything you’ll ever likely see in a Leicester shirt.

That goal away at Man City was outrageous.

Can't disagree with any of that, don't get me wrong, I think he's an absolutely marvellous player. Neither would I suggest he's only ever had one good season because he hasn't. 

If for example we were at this moment in time take Messi and Ronaldo as being at the absolute summit of World Class, there are a number of players below them that have maintained a pinnacle of performance for numerous seasons.

Historically in more recent history you could perhaps subjectively look at players like Pirlo, Maldini, Totti, Henry and Bergkamp etc, and some would argue for and against some of those.

Currently, names like Lewandoski, DeBreuyne, Buffon, Neuer, Salah and Van Dijk all spring to mind for example but I just don't think personally, that Marhez quite scrapes into the hallowed company of such names.

For the future, the name Haaland seems pretty nailed on for example. As for Leicester, I wouldn't predict Tielemans making the grade quite, but, unless scuppered by injury I can forsee Fofana becoming something very very special!

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bablemikey said:

Drop Youri into a better team, like Man City for eg, and you'd see how good he really is. I believe he'd excel.

He does that when he's with Belgium arguably but fully understand and agree with what you're getting at. I think he can improve a lot in the right team with the right players. He's nowhere near the finished article yet but shows bundles of potential. In world class midfielder terms he's still only a baby so there's loads of time yet which is frighteningly good!

13 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

He does that when he's with Belgium arguably but fully understand and agree with what you're getting at. I think he can improve a lot in the right team with the right players. He's nowhere near the finished article yet but shows bundles of potential. In world class midfielder terms he's still only a baby so there's loads of time yet which is frighteningly good!

....it would be interesting where he goes (should he choose to go) and the manager in charge of the said team!!!

I cannot image him going to a club where there is a disciplinarian in charge, Klopp and Touchel come to mind. A situation where there is a mutual respect would have to exist for Youri to be comfortable I would expect. We are to an extent a pretty reasonable and dare I say comfortable place for him to be.

He would look good in a bigger team for periods, his flaws would also stand out due to the consistent performances of the people around him. It is a double edge sword and he will have to address his periods of ineffectiveness and constant drop in form. We are tolerating it at the moment, the next level teams won't.

3 hours ago, 4everfox said:

And Vardy :wub:

Vardys not world class. Just a step below, much like Marcus Rashford. He has been for brief periods in his career when hitting his stride but in terms of consistency, not for me, he's always been a streaky player and struggles too much when teams deny him space to run into.

So listening to a lot on here we agree that the club has over the last couple of years failed to buy another attacking midfielder that would either help YOURI or give him a rest . It’s all good buying up and coming players on the cheap ball t if u get to the point where u want to break into the top 4 u have to buy a marquee or two to make it happen , we don’t seem to want to go that way and it now looks like it will come back and bit us on the arse because we look like we are headed for a mid table finish and if that happens u can kiss goodbye to 3-4 top line players . 

3 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Vardys not world class. Just a step below, much like Marcus Rashford. He has been for brief periods in his career when hitting his stride but in terms of consistency, not for me, he's always been a streaky player and struggles too much when teams deny him space to run into.

:nigel:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Sly said:

I see he’s being linked to Newcastle United this morning. 

**AND SO IT BEGINS**

No chance. He will end up at Liverpool in the summer. He will take over Henderson’s role and be moulded into a future captain. Just the type of player Klopp likes. 

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Hes absolutely nothing like Henderson though 

Did I say he was? 

He is a captain and an on pitch leader…. He doesn’t have to be a clone of Henderson…… 

He has the core ingredients to be a future captain for someone. Plus Liverpool have been monitoring his progress with us. 

Edited by Pliskin

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Did I say he was? 

He is a captain and an on pitch leader…. He doesn’t have to be a clone of Henderson…… 

He has the core ingredients to be a future captain for someone. Plus Liverpool have been monitoring his progress with us. 

Seems weird that they'd go for a player like TIelemans when  the past 3 seasons they have been all about having an incredibly mobile midfield that allows their front 3 and full backs to basically to what they want. Seems like a 12 year old on FM kind of signing, unless the brains behind their recruitment Michael Edwards has left, in which case there's every chance it could happen.

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

No chance. He will end up at Liverpool in the summer. He will take over Henderson’s role and be moulded into a future captain. Just the type of player Klopp likes. 

Not convinced, not sure Liverpool can lose Wijnaldum and Henderson and replace them with players like Thiago and Youri.

It totally changes the style of Liverpool midfield. Their has always been a engine room under Klopp, power, running etc.

• Like 1