Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

It’s a rubbish situation for us this because all those clubs who really want Youri as well - in theory - haven’t got the 80million + or so we’d like to get to buy him 🤦‍♂️ so we will probably have to settle for less or instalments which makes it sting that bit more. Best hope we got is the team pushes on this season (today’s game is critical to that ironically) and we somehow get the Champions League in the bag for next season.

That being said though he’s crazy good so even that might not be enough, still hoping somewhere down the line he might change his mind but it’s going to be remarkably difficult to keep him now. I fear the Praet stuff hasn’t helped - and also Castagne might be considering his options as well by all accounts.  

13 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Not the best source but i think we will be forced to sell in the summer:

https://www.90min.com/posts/transfer-news-youri-tielemans-rejects-contract-offer-leicester-man-utd-liverpool-chelsea

I just Don t see the need to worry..We know his qualities We know he will be Target of all speculation..Even if he did sign, it means didly-squat...

his Contract as to run, until sometime in 2023....

Enjoy that Time he has with us, Late 2022 will be the Time he needs to make his descision...

We can give him a Bonus thought or filip, if we ourselves find a Way to Quality for the CL.

but f he has 2 or 3 Big names in mind....so be it...!!

Not everybody sees it the Vardy way...:dunno:

• Like 1

I would offer him £150k a week as that’s probably right on the limit we will ever offer anyone I reckon. He’s still going to be able to earn much more somewhere else but hope he enjoys it here enough to stay.

If he doesn’t sign I’d personally just keep him until the end of his contract, don’t think anyone will pay 50m with one year left although someone like Man U could easily afford it and I wouldn’t want to let him go on the cheap.

33 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Can’t he leave for free next summer?

No, he can sign for someone for free from January 2023, moving in June 2023. We’d probably sell next summer if he hasn’t signed a new contract rather than lose him for nowt.

If we can get CL next season (a massive ask) he might sign a 1 or 2 year extension at most.

Ultimately he sees himself at one of the continents top clubs, and we just aren’t big enough for him to give the best years of his career to (25-30) when he could be playing for PSG, Madrid, or Barcelona.

Edited by jim5000
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

He asked to come off in the first half. 

Why didn't we do it? 

He better not be seriously hurt or out for a long time.

I said in the match thread  when someone said this that I thought we was saying to speed the passing up not make a sub but could be wrong . 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I said in the match thread  when someone said this that I thought we was saying to speed the passing up not make a sub but could be wrong . 

I thought he was gesturing at the ref about time wasting as the Spartak keeper was taking his time over a goal kick.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, martyn said:

I thought he was gesturing at the ref about time wasting as the Spartak keeper was taking his time over a goal kick.

This was exactly my thoughts when the commentators were saying he wanted to come off tbf. Hopefully just precautionary then 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Rodgers was asked about him and he said he'd asked to come off as he was injured but they ignored him and made him carry on. If he dies, he dies or something like that. Unbelievable 

Rodgers is definitely on a pay as you play him deal.

16 hours ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

It’s a rubbish situation for us this because all those clubs who really want Youri as well - in theory - haven’t got the 80million + or so we’d like to get to buy him 🤦‍♂️ so we will probably have to settle for less or instalments which makes it sting that bit more. Best hope we got is the team pushes on this season (today’s game is critical to that ironically) and we somehow get the Champions League in the bag for next season.

That being said though he’s crazy good so even that might not be enough, still hoping somewhere down the line he might change his mind but it’s going to be remarkably difficult to keep him now. I fear the Praet stuff hasn’t helped - and also Castagne might be considering his options as well by all accounts.  

Given his contract situation I don't think we'd ever be in a position to demand £80m regardless. He's going to go for an absolute snip this summer if he doesn't extend.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Langston said:

Given his contract situation I don't think we'd ever be in a position to demand £80m regardless. He's going to go for an absolute snip this summer if he doesn't extend.

Yeah agreed mate. Hopefully we can do something special this year - like say win the Europa League / get in the top 4 finally to give that Champions League football he really wants.

I think that’s our only shot at getting him to sign a new deal with a pay increase that would put us in that position for big money when the inevitable comes someday. Its such a headache but in someways it’s a good one to have because we’ve set such a high bar already the past few years that it isn’t beyond the realm of possibility that we could get ourselves to the position where we’d be the most attractive option for him for the next two/three seasons at least.

• Like 2

The club has only its self to blame, for the last two seasons we could of ( should have ) finished in the top four but refused to spend the money to strengthen the team , especially in the midfield, and we ran YOURI into the ground . If the club had done this and we had been in the champions league, I think he would have signed by now . 

• Haha 1

I'd go as far to say Youri is the only true world class player we have. Wilf, Ricardo, obviously JV but he's 35, the only player we have who can probably hold his own for literally any club in the world. I think he knows this and wants to play for an elite club so fair enough. If he signs a new contract he prices himself out of a move to Liverpool or possibly abroad. It's a shame but we will have to find another gem from somewhere. He's a different type of player but I'd like ward Prowse here.