Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

6 hours ago, Bptiger said:

The club has only its self to blame, for the last two seasons we could of ( should have ) finished in the top four but refused to spend the money to strengthen the team , especially in the midfield, and we ran YOURI into the ground . If the club had done this and we had been in the champions league, I think he would have signed by now . 

So there is some truth in this, us thers....Are ypu One of These Serial conspiracy theorist...Or a clickbait Expert & theoligist...

Sell a theory every 1-2 years...easy money...!! Enough dildozos who bite..!!  :P

Why would he sign anything until January at the very earliest, but realistically the summer? He is in a position of power now. I expect him to leave, but I do think he likes it here and would not be massively shocked if he stayed and became a top earner here. 

I see him about quite regularly and he always seems to have a smile on his face which gives me some encouragement that he might sign a new deal, however I do also get the impression that his wife maybe hasn't settled quite so well so I'd imagine that if he does leave it'll likely be abroad. 

I'm a big fan but I'll be disappointed with him if his indecision leads to us receiving a fee similar to what we paid. As good as he's been we provided him with the platform to reignite his career at a time when there were very few takers. In fairness to the club (Mahrez aside who acted like a child and you could argue no acceptable bids were ever made) we've never prevented a player from moving on to better themselves. In fact I'd argue we have a history of improving players in order to make that next step. 

I fully expect him to leave at some point but I don't see why he can't sign a new contract to earn more money between now and when he leaves which will in fact put him in a stronger negotiating position downstream, whilst letting us secure a better fee. Top seems a fair chap, he's certainly no Daniel Levy that's for sure. 

No one's talking about Ricardo's contract which is due to end at the same time as Youri's in 2023. There's never been the slightest hint of even a contract discussion there. Are we making two big sales this summer to make up for last summer? 

(Soyuncu's contract also ends in 2023 but I think he's the most likely of them 3 to extend) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

I'd go as far to say Youri is the only true world class player we have. Wilf, Ricardo, obviously JV but he's 35, the only player we have who can probably hold his own for literally any club in the world. I think he knows this and wants to play for an elite club so fair enough. If he signs a new contract he prices himself out of a move to Liverpool or possibly abroad. It's a shame but we will have to find another gem from somewhere. He's a different type of player but I'd like ward Prowse here.

Not a chance is Ricky P world class or close anymore.

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

More like he’s still not signed as opposed to turned it down ..  I’m not going to put too much stock to the story but until he does sign it’s still on a knife edge ..

Or he refused the deal on offer. Youri wants regular Champions League football. Truth is, not many English teams can guarantee this: Even Manchester United as sunk to the lower depths of Europa League in recent years. That being said, he seems to like it here, and like Rodgers. It could be he just wants a lot more money in exchange to not be guaranteed regular CL.

1 hour ago, ian__marshall said:

I see him about quite regularly and he always seems to have a smile on his face which gives me some encouragement that he might sign a new deal, however I do also get the impression that his wife maybe hasn't settled quite so well so I'd imagine that if he does leave it'll likely be abroad. 

I'm a big fan but I'll be disappointed with him if his indecision leads to us receiving a fee similar to what we paid. As good as he's been we provided him with the platform to reignite his career at a time when there were very few takers. In fairness to the club (Mahrez aside who acted like a child and you could argue no acceptable bids were ever made) we've never prevented a player from moving on to better themselves. In fact I'd argue we have a history of improving players in order to make that next step. 

I fully expect him to leave at some point but I don't see why he can't sign a new contract to earn more money between now and when he leaves which will in fact put him in a stronger negotiating position downstream, whilst letting us secure a better fee. Top seems a fair chap, he's certainly no Daniel Levy that's for sure. 

I've heard the contrary regarding his wife. Well integrated and loves quorn life. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brucey said:

No one's talking about Ricardo's contract which is due to end at the same time as Youri's in 2023.

If it's 2023 (I thought it was next summer) then I'm more relaxed with that. I thought we really were in a right spot over it. 18 months is a long time and if he goes on a free at the end of that we might argue we got our money's worth. A lot of things can happen/change between now and then.

7 hours ago, brucey said:

No one's talking about Ricardo's contract which is due to end at the same time as Youri's in 2023. There's never been the slightest hint of even a contract discussion there. Are we making two big sales this summer to make up for last summer? 

(Soyuncu's contract also ends in 2023 but I think he's the most likely of them 3 to extend) 

Not sure he would be a big sale on current form. 

We would do well to get much more then we paid.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Not sure he would be a big sale on current form. 

We would do well to get much more then we paid.  

If it hadn't been for the injury Ricardo would likely be sold already.  And once he's come back he seems, like so many who were brought in under the prior manager, to be somewhat out of favor.  But if he stays healthy I'm pretty confident Ricardo could be sold for 30-35 million if he chooses not to extend.

I don't have a bad word to say about the guy, but I have had in the past. 

If this contract palava carries on after January then I'd run down his contract at all costs. I'd do this to plan properly to replace him and for giving attention to players like RP's and all others contracts. We also have a good number of payers still to move on that will require club resources.

Tielemans has known what he wants all along and the club would've known this too, add into the equation that both parties have been making long-standing statements about contracts then either a new contract is ready to sign, or we've shot ourselves in the foot over a £100mil+ player. 

Worst case I'd keep him, purely for the team and succession, his succession is crucial.

Yes, we could sell him for £30mil, but to what end.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Why would he sign anything until January at the very earliest, but realistically the summer? He is in a position of power now. I expect him to leave, but I do think he likes it here and would not be massively shocked if he stayed and became a top earner here. 

He'll give us till the summer. If we make the CL either through top 4 or winning the Europa League he might sign a one year extension. We won't let him go this January as he is crucial to our chances. If we don't make the CL this season, he will be off in the summer as the club can't afford to risk him signing for free in January 2023.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

So there is some truth in this, us thers....Are ypu One of These Serial conspiracy theorist...Or a clickbait Expert & theoligist...

Sell a theory every 1-2 years...easy money...!! Enough dildozos who bite..!!  :P

Just telling how I see it , others my see it a different way , 

4 hours ago, UHDrive said:

I don't have a bad word to say about the guy, but I have had in the past. 

If this contract palava carries on after January then I'd run down his contract at all costs. I'd do this to plan properly to replace him and for giving attention to players like RP's and all others contracts. We also have a good number of payers still to move on that will require club resources.

Tielemans has known what he wants all along and the club would've known this too, add into the equation that both parties have been making long-standing statements about contracts then either a new contract is ready to sign, or we've shot ourselves in the foot over a £100mil+ player. 

Worst case I'd keep him, purely for the team and succession, his succession is crucial.

Yes, we could sell him for £30mil, but to what end.

£30m towards his replacement? I see no sense in running down his contract and him going for nothing. Firstly, we're not the sort of club to be able to write that sort of money off, we're already going to have to write the £30m Perez money off. Secondly, what sort of player do you think you'd have in the last six months of his contract, is he going to put his absolute neck on the line and risk a free transfer to Real Madrid for example?

For me, if he's not signed by Christmas he should be on the market by January but ... he holds all the cards though because he can afford to sit back and choose. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1