Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

7 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

If it hadn't been for the injury Ricardo would likely be sold already.  And once he's come back he seems, like so many who were brought in under the prior manager, to be somewhat out of favor.  But if he stays healthy I'm pretty confident Ricardo could be sold for 30-35 million if he chooses not to extend.

He will be nearly 29 in the summer with a year left on his contract.

Nothing to do with being brought by another manager, before his ACL he was one of the best RB in the league if not the best.

Unfortunately since his return he has been no were near his pervious level.

8 hours ago, UHDrive said:

I don't have a bad word to say about the guy, but I have had in the past. 

If this contract palava carries on after January then I'd run down his contract at all costs. I'd do this to plan properly to replace him and for giving attention to players like RP's and all others contracts. We also have a good number of payers still to move on that will require club resources.

Tielemans has known what he wants all along and the club would've known this too, add into the equation that both parties have been making long-standing statements about contracts then either a new contract is ready to sign, or we've shot ourselves in the foot over a £100mil+ player. 

Worst case I'd keep him, purely for the team and succession, his succession is crucial.

Yes, we could sell him for £30mil, but to what end.

£30m would be quite useful when looking for a replacement, would it not? I think losing valuable players for free is the last thing we need. The cash generated from player sales is perhaps the main reason we've been able to compete with the giant clubs over the last couple of years.

Youri has known what he wants all along. The club not necessarily so. What if Youri hasn't told anyone? It's in his interests to keep the club guessing. Please don't start blaming the club for something that could be completely outside of its control.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UHDrive said:

I don't have a bad word to say about the guy, but I have had in the past. 

If this contract palava carries on after January then I'd run down his contract at all costs. I'd do this to plan properly to replace him and for giving attention to players like RP's and all others contracts. We also have a good number of payers still to move on that will require club resources.

Tielemans has known what he wants all along and the club would've known this too, add into the equation that both parties have been making long-standing statements about contracts then either a new contract is ready to sign, or we've shot ourselves in the foot over a £100mil+ player. 

Worst case I'd keep him, purely for the team and succession, his succession is crucial.

Yes, we could sell him for £30mil, but to what end.

Arsenal and Spurs got in to this situation and it becomes a nightmare. Once you have to find the funds to replace players with nothing to offset it against then it makes bringing in other additions to strengthen the squad even harder too when on a budget like we are. Then you start to regress, not to mention the said player that runs their contract down seldom has a good final season anyway.

• Like 2

I was hoping Tielemans would do the same as Grealish and agree a new contract with a clause so we get the money we want, while he's guaranteed that he can leave the club if the right offer/club comes in. 

Doesn't look like that's the case currently, which like @Ric Flairsays means our negotiating position is so much weaker and we won't get the appropriate value for the player. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

Think it’s fairly clear now that he is going to depart in the summer, otherwise he would have signed by now. Still have no idea where he would fit in - Liverpool maybe, but doubtful as he’s not exactly made for the gegenpress. Barcelona won’t be able to afford him. Real will have all their eggs in the Mbappe basket. PSG are a joke, but I guess a possibility. It will be interesting for sure.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Think it’s fairly clear now that he is going to depart in the summer, otherwise he would have signed by now. Still have no idea where he would fit in - Liverpool maybe, but doubtful as he’s not exactly made for the gegenpress. Barcelona won’t be able to afford him. Real will have all their eggs in the Mbappe basket. PSG are a joke, but I guess a possibility. It will be interesting for sure.  

The sad thing is he will probably sign for someone that’s not top tier like the clubs you’ve mentioned. I imagine he will end up at someone like Inter / AC if he wants guaranteed game time. Would he go to a big club and sit on the bench like Van De Beek 🤷🏻‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Bob Farley said:

The sad thing is he will probably sign for someone that’s not top tier like the clubs you’ve mentioned. I imagine he will end up at someone like Inter / AC if he wants guaranteed game time. Would he go to a big club and sit on the bench like Van De Beek 🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s so weird now, but Inter and AC Milan are only a marginal step above us, if at all. If he goes I would think he will want to go to a very top club, but I can’t see any really wanting him or where he would fit in at the couple who might. 

I’d rather him sign the deal purely so we can get a decent wedge for him. Him leaving is inevitable, but not signing a contract means clubs may not make a move until he is either in the late stages of his contract, or out of contract. 

Either way he will be here for a while longer, unless he decides to join Newcastle……

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

I’d rather him sign the deal purely so we can get a decent wedge for him. Him leaving is inevitable, but not signing a contract means clubs may not make a move until he is either in the late stages of his contract, or out of contract. 

Either way he will be here for a while longer, unless he decides to join Newcastle……

makes no sense for him to do that - it’s his career and he owes his family to make the most he can from it.  Of course we want to protect our club but that is not near the top of his (or his agents) list. 

it’s going to be v complicated next summer unless we somehow make CL …..which looks extremely unlikely …..

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

£50m is optimistic, I thought we might get that if Utd wanted him in January, in the summer it'd drop to £40m.

If enough clubs see him as a priority signing he could quite easily go for £50 million I think.  It's still a snip for a ridiculously talented player.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

£50m is optimistic, I thought we might get that if Utd wanted him in January, in the summer it'd drop to £40m.

Real Madrid got 40 million for varane this summer so we should be aiming for at least similar as Youri is 4 years younger (aka will have a sell on value or room for another long term deal) 

6 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

£30m would be quite useful when looking for a replacement, would it not? I think losing valuable players for free is the last thing we need. The cash generated from player sales is perhaps the main reason we've been able to compete with the giant clubs over the last couple of years.

Youri has known what he wants all along. The club not necessarily so. What if Youri hasn't told anyone? It's in his interests to keep the club guessing. Please don't start blaming the club for something that could be completely outside of its control.

I don't think we've matched his ambitions, I think he wants to challenge at the top level but our buying power won't enable us to do that. Bringing in vestegaard and Bertrand just isn't going to convince him we're a serious top 4 club, as another poster has put, he is destined for better things, maybe just maybe if we'd have clinched that 4th place, although maybe it'd have been no different.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

If enough clubs see him as a priority signing he could quite easily go for £50 million I think.  It's still a snip for a ridiculously talented player.

What clubs though? Youris got to want to go there. All we can hope is utd and Liverpool both want him, Newcastle may even come in for him

4 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I don't think we've matched his ambitions, I think he wants to challenge at the top level but our buying power won't enable us to do that. Bringing in vestegaard and Bertrand just isn't going to convince him we're a serious top 4 club, as another poster has put, he is destined for better things, maybe just maybe if we'd have clinched that 4th place, although maybe it'd have been no different.

Did you mean to quote me?

6 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Does anyone actually think Tielemans would start for any of the "top 4"? 

I don't. I love the guy but I do think we are kinda his level. He could be part of those squads, no doubt, but a key player? Not sure. As we did with Mahrez, we persist with him through moments of poor form etc. because we know it only takes a split second for him to show how good he is. 

I think the fact he's not signed yet is more a lack of interest and the fact his agent is trying to make him available to those clubs, it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up signing a new deal due to lack of offers - much like Mahrez did summer 2016. Might get messy after that though if interest soon follows a new deal. 

I doubt he'll sign a new contract. If he doesn't get any offers then that's bad for us not him as any club in the world would take him on a free in 2023. Just hope someone needs him badly now and we can get some money for him. Even if we got the £40m we paid (I know he's worth more) we could use the money to sign his replacement (which I'm assuming/hoping we already have lined up). 

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Does anyone actually think Tielemans would start for any of the "top 4"? 

I don't. I love the guy but I do think we are kinda his level. He could be part of those squads, no doubt, but a key player? Not sure. As we did with Mahrez, we persist with him through moments of poor form etc. because we know it only takes a split second for him to show how good he is. 

I think the fact he's not signed yet is more a lack of interest and the fact his agent is trying to make him available to those clubs, it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up signing a new deal due to lack of offers - much like Mahrez did summer 2016. Might get messy after that though if interest soon follows a new deal. 

Man Utd if Pogba goes. Man City and Chelsea are well stacked in midfield, so will be a squad player until he dislodged one of their existing midfielders.